Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times

Advertisements

You should rebound date, but don't get into the habit of sleeping with anyone on the rebound. Make them work for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 PM

29 posts, read 36,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Let him go.

And move on.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, realize you don't deserve what happened to you, and that life is not fair, but that's OK.

And don't be such a sucker next time.

There's no way to do it but to do it. Move on and don't look back.

In time, the "V" thing won't be a big deal. Practically no one these days ends up with the person they first have sex with. It's not going to be a big deal in 50 years when you and your loving husband are retiring and playing with your grandkids.

It's a speedbump, not a tragedy, and it only has as much significance to your life as YOU give it.

So it's up to you. Decide to be happy, and you will be.

Thanks Strel, i appreciate your sincere comment. Yeah i should move on, im only 23 years old, a nurse and has a stable job but im working in the office not as a nurse. i'm planning to give up my job and pursue my nursing career for me not to get stuck up with our memories in the office. Lesson learned. I should have listened to my friend that this guy was just a loser!!!! tommorow ill be seeing him again, the sad thing is he's just acting as if nothing happened. He doesn't even talk to me. I don't know, he just told me that one day he woke up and he realized that he still loves her ex. He went back to her ex (now his gf again) twice and also left me twice!!! how stupid i was then!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
You should rebound date, but don't get into the habit of sleeping with anyone on the rebound. Make them work for it.
Thanks. ill move on in the right way... i hope it wont take me long to move on coz everyday is a struggle for me...

Old 01-27-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
go out with a bunch of your girlfriends, dress really sexy and eat up the attention! After a while you'll think "Man...I got it going on! what was I doing with that loser!". Just don't be stupid and go home with anyone, bad idea!

Yeah. Thank you very much. I'll try that. *sigh* What a cold valentines day for me

Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_chick View Post
..i can't even eat, im so depressed. I always pray that i may find the right guy for me.. there's a lot of guys asking me to go out but i'm not interested. do you think if i'll go for a rebound guy would it make me feel better?

No. As easy as it might be to rebound with someone just to get your mind off things, it's better not to...

Not only is it unfair to the reboundee, but it can really just make things worse. It will just become another issue...

Time is a great healer...Even though time alone with your thoughts can at first seem like the worst thing in the world...The sooner you deal with it, the sooner you will be ready to move on, and you won't have created any bad relationship karma at that point

* if you take some time for yourself now, by V-day (which is still several weeks away!) you might even be ready for someone new...you never know!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:31 AM

85 posts, read 171,857 times
Quote:
Yeah. Thank you very much. I'll try that. *sigh* What a cold valentines day for me
Probably easier for you to forget about him if you can move to another city --although this may sound unrealistic...
I was in the same situation, you just need to realize the guy is a loser and not worth your attention anymore to be able to move on.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:28 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Oh boy! This sounds like another thread.

She is now mad cause he is falling in love with her even though she asked him out and slept with him.

[SIGH]

Old 01-28-2011, 09:21 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times
No offense but you sound like you're about 12. "White Flag?" "V thing?" And you're sad to see your ex leave your workplace? Seems to me like most dumpees would be tickled that the dumper is leaving, so they wouldn't have to be subjected to daily reminders any longer.
But listen: the only sure way to get over being dumped is to find someone else. So I think you should start ramping-up your social life and hitting the singles bars and raise the Red Flag signifying that you're ready for action. Maybe even a couple of rebound romps with some guy. This might be hard to do at first but once you get into it I guarantee you'll be glad you did. I mean, after all, since the White Flag is now lost forever, a bit of emotionally-healing, meaningless sex is no big deal, right?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:53 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default How to get over a break up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Let him go.

And move on.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, realize you don't deserve what happened to you, and that life is not fair, but that's OK.

And don't be such a sucker next time.

There's no way to do it but to do it. Move on and don't look back.

In time, the "V" thing won't be a big deal. Practically no one these days ends up with the person they first have sex with. It's not going to be a big deal in 50 years when you and your loving husband are retiring and playing with your grandkids.

It's a speedbump, not a tragedy, and it only has as much significance to your life as YOU give it.

So it's up to you. Decide to be happy, and you will be.
Very good advice!! You will look back on this event one day and smile and think to yourself "I should have seen that comin'". Right now it might be a big thing in your life, but don't let it be, life is full of all kinds of hurts. Put a smile on your face and move on.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:00 AM

124 posts, read 328,951 times
So is his ex GF also stupid, who keeps allowing him to go back and forth. I am scratching my head now...Some people who are too accomodating are taken for granted and people like your BF dont stop until someone catches them off gurad(Do/act what is not expected to do). The same psychology Bullies use, they dont stop until someone stops them and most of the times its the victims who stop them.

As far as dealing with break up blues is , it will take time and dont blame yourself . He got up one day and felt his ex is good and next moment he feels you or someone else is good. He is on a mission he himself is not aware what he wants..

Quote:
Thanks Strel, i appreciate your sincere comment. Yeah i should move on, im only 23 years old, a nurse and has a stable job but im working in the office not as a nurse. i'm planning to give up my job and pursue my nursing career for me not to get stuck up with our memories in the office. Lesson learned. I should have listened to my friend that this guy was just a loser!!!! tommorow ill be seeing him again, the sad thing is he's just acting as if nothing happened. He doesn't even talk to me. I don't know, he just told me that one day he woke up and he realized that he still loves her ex. He went back to her ex (now his gf again) twice and also left me twice!!! how stupid i was then!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships