Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:43 PM

199 posts, read 490,985 times

Advertisements

What would you do if you fell in love with a guy WAY below your league? I would also ask this to the fellas but I think its a way more complicated for a woman to make a choice. Would you pursue a relationship or ignore the feelings?

Question 1) What would you do if he was financially out of your league? For example you are a lawyer making good money and the guy you love washes dishes in a restaurant making like 17k a year.

Question 2) If he was status wise out of your league what would you do? For example you are a popular model looking woman and he is a geeky loser that all women find physically unattractive who is socially awkward but has a great personality that made you fall in love with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
I think it's all decided on a case-to-case basis. For better or worse (it may very well be for worse), the majority of people throw their laundry lists out of the window when somebody catches their fancy.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:47 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
I've never listened to others.

If I like him, that's enough.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
It depends for each situation. If he is a hard worker it's not bad, but a bum no one wants.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:25 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I think it's all decided on a case-to-case basis. For better or worse (it may very well be for worse), the majority of people throw their laundry lists out of the window when somebody catches their fancy.
Not sure I can recall a single girl that walked away when lightning struck, or guy for that matter when there was no hefty impediment to the thing.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:29 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
1. First, I would have to figure out if he was with me for financial reasons. Does he just want a sugar mamma? Does he want to move in already? I would push him to go back to school or get into some kind of biz.

2. As long as there is real passion, this wouldn't matter at all.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
I've never listened to others.

If I like him, that's enough.

^^^^This!

Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
What would you do if you fell in love with a guy WAY below your league? I would also ask this to the fellas but I think its a way more complicated for a woman to make a choice. Would you pursue a relationship or ignore the feelings?

Question 1) What would you do if he was financially out of your league? For example you are a lawyer making good money and the guy you love washes dishes in a restaurant making like 17k a year.

Question 2) If he was status wise out of your league what would you do? For example you are a popular model looking woman and he is a geeky loser that all women find physically unattractive who is socially awkward but has a great personality that made you fall in love with him.
I wouldn't fall in love with someone way below my league. It just wouldn't come up. Then again, I think the whole 'league' thing is b.s.

The dishwasher and I would have absolutely NOTHING substantial in common. And obviously not the same kind of goals. We'd come from two entirely different ways of thinking.

People don't fall in love with 'great personalities.' What makes someone's personality 'great' to me is our ability to connect on many common levels, issues, senses of humor. Not everyone even has the same opinion of what a 'great personality' is.

Money is not the issue...the same things that put you in the economic level in which you reside make you more likely to have other things in common. Similarly, however, I wouldn't like someone better just because they had money. Bunches and bunches of no class, uneducated morons have money.

If you take care of your body and have good hygiene, how ugly could you possibly really be?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Leagues are a poor way to categorize people. It's all about synergy.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:09 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post

Your question doesn't make much sense to me. If I fell in love with the guy, then obviously I'm pretty happy with the dude. I've never heard of anyone falling in love without knowing someone...and then "pursuing a relationship".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships