Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

Going back to my teens and maybe early 20's it use to disturb me and I was very self concious and scared of rejection. Now I have a oh well that sucks but move on attitude. Because I know there are other women out there that will gel with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 05:47 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
I once dated a guy ... After 2 dates he never called me again... I follow him around, keyed his car and stalked his cat...jk I txt him and after one day of no answer I deleted his #

Old 02-03-2011, 09:53 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
I enjoy getting rejected. This does not bother me. There are lot of women for me to pick from. Its better then not doing anything.

The only rejected is not even trying. Rejections mostly applies to men though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
It's very hard to not take it personally when someone you invest time/energy/interest in just blatantly doesn't care or feel the same way. The signs are very obvious and apparent.

How is it possible to not to hate* the fact that someone has viewed you, deemed you unacceptable/ saw negative qualities in you, and decided to brush your interest aside?

I really like myself. But I have to say, sometimes it really sucks. And I wonder, what does it take to make a good impression on this guy? It can be quite frustrating. I know it's not the end of the world but it does suck to put yourself out there and hang your neck out like that... and get rebuffed.

*typo as heart. No I don't heart that at all. haha

Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 PM

38 posts, read 78,750 times
I take it hard myself. It sucks when you invest so much emotionally into someone and get nothing back. It really takes a long time to get over.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:08 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Just get over it. It isn't that hard.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:55 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,567 times
Quote:
Dont want to talk about it.

But anyways - rejection sucks. Takes a toll on my fragile ego.

Economist, you are right. It usually doesn't have to do with the girl at all. But sometimes couldn't it be that I wasn't attractive enough, smart enough, charming enough, alluring enough.... didn't make him feel good enough... didn't say the right things?

I'm sure some guys have specific reasons why they didn't go out with a specific girl. If I were that girl (or vice versa, guy being rejected)... I'm just wondering how best to deal. When there are specific reasons. When it is personal.
You don't want to talk about it, so you posted about it publicly and asked for advice about how to handle it?

You're never going to know for certain whether there was something you could have done differently that would have changed his mind. The only reason to stew about it is to punish yourself for his not being interested enough. And that's really pointless; you don't gain from doing it, and neither does anything else.

The real question is, why are you trying to make his rejecting you your fault? Even after acknowledging that men usually reject women for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the women, you're still trying to make it your fault that you were rejected. What's up with that??

Old 02-04-2011, 06:24 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,041 times
Just because one person rejected you doesn't mean all people will. Its strange that you say you have a fragile ego. A while ago you were complaining that too many men hit on you? Maybe you only like men that dont like you back? Anyways I think you should take it easy and not pin yourself worth on whats going on relationship wise.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:32 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
The real question is, why are you trying to make his rejecting you your fault? Even after acknowledging that men usually reject women for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the women, you're still trying to make it your fault that you were rejected. What's up with that??
Is that so?

Old 02-04-2011, 07:30 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
I don't care, because I figure we're just not a good match and I wouldn't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me. The only thing that bothers me is if someone leads me on when they have no intention of following through. That's a nasty form of dishonesty, and I'd be angry and upset (briefly) if someone did that to me.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:18 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Unquestionably, yes, rejection can indeed be very hurtful. I have often sometimes wondered, what exactly about it was that the woman was rejecting in particular. Sure, they said things like "no chemistry", "no connection", "LJBF", etc. -- but I often wondered what exactly was *triggering* them, to say those things

Having said that, I'm a guy...seems to me that the girls / ladies tend to be ones who do quite a bit of the "rejecting", not themselves being "rejected", though lol

Quote:
It's very hard to not take it personally when someone you invest time/energy/interest in just blatantly doesn't care or feel the same way. The signs are very obvious and apparent.

How is it possible to not to hate* the fact that someone has viewed you, deemed you unacceptable/ saw negative qualities in you, and decided to brush your interest aside?

I really like myself. But I have to say, sometimes it really sucks. And I wonder, what does it take to make a good impression on this guy? It can be quite frustrating. I know it's not the end of the world but it does suck to put yourself out there and hang your neck out like that... and get rebuffed.

*typo as heart. No I don't heart that at all. haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships