Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 07:37 AM

11 posts, read 34,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
"Sorry, got other plans.."

Why do you care?

Good point!! Guess I'm truly trying to leave a good impression, which is unrealistic. He hasn't left me one... touche. Moving on! Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 07:41 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,404,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyclp View Post
Good point!! Guess I'm truly trying to leave a good impression, which is unrealistic. He hasn't left me one... touche. Moving on! Thanks everyone!
Hey, I know where you're at, I think we've all been there.

We all have been rejected, in romance, in business, etc. Most times it's not us, not our fault. It's just a situation that you don't have much control of. You sound too good for him, honestly, in a different league. Find someone that deserves you..

Old 02-05-2011, 07:45 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
If he asked you out by a text, cancel by a text. Or call him. Send him an email. Don't show up. Whatever. If you are not happy, with his actions, don't go on the date, because you will probably be bitter. He doesn't seem to interested to me.

Blah, I hate texts.
I agree. Also it seems to me you are taking his actions way too seriously. Read between the lines: he is just not that into you. It is ok. They are more fish in the pond.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:57 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Tell him you have the flu!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:58 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone, I agree. He doesn't seem interested. But, my question really is, if he does call, HOW do I politely tell him I'm no longer interested and disappointed in his behavior? What do I say exactly?
You politely say, "I'm sorry, but when I didn't hear from you I made other plans."

Old 02-05-2011, 07:58 AM

11 posts, read 34,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Tell him you have the flu!
HaHa!! Perfect!!

Old 02-05-2011, 08:35 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
sounds like a first rate jack@ss.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:08 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,582,871 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone, I agree. He doesn't seem interested. But, my question really is, if he does call, HOW do I politely tell him I'm no longer interested and disappointed in his behavior? What do I say exactly?
I would try to avoid "disappointed in his behavior" unless he presses you. You're not his mother (though I admit he sounds like no catch.)

Another poster had a good idea. If (and only if) he calls, I would politely say that you had a good time on your date, but that after you didn't hear back you assumed he wasn't really interested and made plans with someone else. No harm, no foul. In fact, since he's left you hanging several times, I might even ignore the first call and only actually speak to him if he makes the effort to call back a second time. Otherwise, I would assume that since he's giving you the brush-off by not communicating, he'll be able to interpret what the same behavior means from you.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:10 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Just make other plans for that night. And if he acts surprised that you stood him up, just say that your original "date' wasn't set in stone and when he didn't confirm it, you just moved on. If he asks you out again, and you feel like going, make sure that it's a real date and go. But if he acts all wishy-washy again, then continue your life without him.

Some people are scared off when a prospective date seems to have a completely empty social life. No one wants to be another person's entire focus and life so soon.

And fine yourself some new activities and hobbies to do that have nothing at all to do with finding romance.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:12 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
What date are you talking about? I don't think you have a date. He never got back to you to finalize the plans so it's off. Time to get back online and search for more people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships