Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 10:15 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyclp View Post
Thanks everyone, I agree. He doesn't seem interested. But, my question really is, if he does call, HOW do I politely tell him I'm no longer interested and disappointed in his behavior? What do I say exactly?
Well, if I answered the phone when he called, I would politely tell him I wasn't interested anymore and hang up. I wouldn't want to hear what he had to say. If he texts you, don't text back. If you know his phone# and he calls, just don't pick up the phone and don't respond back.

I don't think you have anything to worry about though because it looks like for whatever reason, he's moved on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 01:12 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You politely say, "I'm sorry, but when I didn't hear from you I made other plans."

^^Best answer.^^

Old 02-05-2011, 11:32 PM

18 posts, read 11,998 times
I'd ignore his call or answer and tell him you made new plans since you never heard from him. He seems to not be considering your feelings so why should you be considering his. I hear ya, dating is not an easy thing these days....

Old 02-05-2011, 11:43 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
I agree, he shouldn't have called to make a date and said he would call to finalize plans. But, no plans are made, so you don't have to worry about it. Unless he gave you some reason to make you think you were exclusive, he has a right to play the field. But telling you he would call to finalize plans and then not calling is wrong. If I were you and he called I would go out with him, unless there is something you just don't like about him. But, if you do you know it is not ever going to go anyplace, so for that reason you might not want to go out.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone, I agree. He doesn't seem interested. But, my question really is, if he does call, HOW do I politely tell him I'm no longer interested and disappointed in his behavior? What do I say exactly?
It really depends on whether you REALLY aren't interested in him anymore.If you ARE, you could suggest meeting for coffee to talk about your concerns..If you're NOT,....oh I don't know...how about telling him that your boyfriend doesn't approve??, that otta do it.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 AM

499 posts, read 891,949 times
the situtation may be like this: he is dating with more than one woman, so he can't find enough time to be with you and call you frequently.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:57 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times
Quote:
Two weeks ago I went on a first date with a great man I met on an online dating site. We had a good time. Immediately after the date he texted that he had a nice night, and he liked my smile. And, immediately followed with another text "let's do it again." I responded that I had a good time to and I would like to get together again too.

Then a week went by. He called, left a message apologizing for not calling sooner, but he had the flu, and he would definitly like to get together again. I responded the next day, leaving a message that I would like to do so too.

4 days later, I hadn't heard from him, so I texted "just wanted to say hello & hope your week is going well." He called that night and we talked for approx. 45 minutes and made plans to go out Sunday and watch the Superbowl. He said he would call Thurs. or Fri. to finalize plans.

Never heard from him, and late last night I jumped on the online dating site to check out new prospects. Then I noticed he was online and available for IM. (Don't worry I didn't look at his profile or IM him.) Within seconds his IM status changed. (Now, this change could have nothing to do with me, I understand, but still odd.)

So, at this point I've lost interest. I am on this dating site because I truly want to meet someone to share my life with. I don't have time for this BS. I want someone I can count on and trust. So, my question isn't whether I should give him a chance. My question is, how do I cancel the date without sounding like a B**** because I'm disappointed in his behavior.

I don't think you need to cancel at all. Seems like it's not going to happen.
And if by chance he contacts you, just say you're no longer interested, as is the case. No biggie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships