Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:46 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Unfortunately women who drive expensive sports cars are usually attention whores. Of course there are exceptions but few women are really into the performance aspects of their sports cars which makes life more difficult for women who are passionate about driving these cars. Men also seem to be under the impression that women with fast cars are more likely to have casual sex with them.
They aren't attention w****. Some have great style and a sense of pride owning, driving and the upkeep on special cars. You can be into some really nice rides for less than 10K as well. Take a decent '64-'66 Ford Thunderbird. I've seen some of those go for around 7K. They were far from perfect but looked decent and needed a little work as you could afford. I think you have it backwards. Women with a sense in style and cars usually have the edge in the men department. At least for the car men! The last thing I guy wants to hear after spending 5 years restoring a car and eating baloney for lunch is a gal accuse him of having a little pee-pee or being conceited. The same goes for the girls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Time? Perhaps. Money is not something I would normally think of when I see a well turned out stylishly dressed woman. Though since I am trying to snag a rich woman lately, I might need to learn. Would do no good to take up with one that only looked good is she had no cash behind it.

Hmmm... what kind of car does rich women drive that they have bought for themselves? Or is there any way to tell for certain? Any fool proof way to spot the fakes?
Go back a few posts and read all about it. I discussed this in full detail already.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:49 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,988,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Out of fairness with regard to the comment about a man not being able to notice good style / name brands. ..
Guys notice good style. Everyone does, but a Name Brand is a totally different thing. A guy might compliment you on how good looking your style/clothes/purse/bags are, but make no mistake about the fact that most guys are quite oblivious to the status quo of women's fashion.

Quote:
I was wearing a Ralph Lauren sweater the other day and a man noticed and complimented me on it
Lol C'mon, a Ralph Lauren sweater? The least metrosexual guy on the planet would notice a Ralph Lauren sweater.

Quote:
It was a rare occurance but it can and does happen
In other words, most guys don't know jack about this stuff right?

Old 02-11-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Guys notice good style. Everyone does, but a Name Brand is a totally different thing. A guy might compliment you on how good looking your style/clothes/purse/bags are, but make no mistake about the fact that most guys are quite oblivious to the status quo of women's fashion.

Lol C'mon, a Ralph Lauren sweater? The least metrosexual guy on the planet would notice a Ralph Lauren sweater.

Most non-metro men could give a rip about the brand or how expensive her clothes are. What we look at is does it fit her body and make her look sexy? I think gals at the grocery store in their snug sweatpants and pajamas look good. Nice buns baby! lmao

Old 02-11-2011, 11:55 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,648,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post

And? So maybe he was... the point I was making wasn't about the quality of what I was wearing it was the point that he noticed it BY the brand name.. he specifically said, "I like your Ralph Lauren sweater"... it wasn't for anything other than to make a point that men CAN notice things. Doesn't matter if he's metro or not.

And just because they don't notice does it make them a complete and utter baffoon? No, personally I don't care if a man takes notice or not. That's the least of my concerns.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:55 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
What we look at is does it fit her body
Let me clue you in then - cheap clothes do not fit right! EVER!

Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Let me clue you in then - cheap clothes do not fit right! EVER!
Levi's jeans still do!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:02 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,648,464 times
Quote:
Levi's jeans still do!
Agreed. Levi's on a man with a great butt and body.. oh yeah LOL

Old 02-11-2011, 12:05 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,993,050 times
I wouldn't think anything. I don't care about cars.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:06 PM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
They aren't attention w****. Some have great style and a sense of pride owning, driving and the upkeep on special cars. You can be into some really nice rides for less than 10K as well. Take a decent '64-'66 Ford Thunderbird. I've seen some of those go for around 7K. They were far from perfect but looked decent and needed a little work as you could afford. I think you have it backwards. Women with a sense in style and cars usually have the edge in the men department. At least for the car men! The last thing I guy wants to hear after spending 5 years restoring a car and eating baloney for lunch is a gal accuse him of having a little pee-pee or being conceited. The same goes for the girls!
I do not classify restored classic cars in the same category as expensive sports cars. There are many more d-bags and snobs who know nothing about their cars driving Porsches and Ferraris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships