Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:40 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,605 times

Advertisements

I know a guy that I believed is interested in me, however, he try to talk me up today (I never initiate contact with him, I talk to him if he talks to me) and he proceed to tell me a girl ask him out and he actually showeed me the email she send him. At this point, I believe the flirtation was in my head LOL I imagined it (because if you are interested in someone and make an effort to talk to this person every single day, even though they are not talking to you at all, why do that)

I guess actions speak louder than words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 08:44 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Perhaps he's trying to see if you're at all jealous of this other woman, since you've shown no interest in him despite the interest he's shown in you. I think he'd like to pursue you, but it seems like a waste of time. Now, he's probably sure you're not interested and will likely move on.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I know you said this is for the men but I'm going to respond anyway LOL In my personal opinion, I think he does like you and perhaps showing you the email and telling you that someone else is interested is his way to guage your reaction to know if you like him as well.
If you like him and he's been talking to you or as you put it, "talking you up"... then maybe you need to ask him to go have a drink or coffee with you.

My only hesitation would be if you guys are co-workers, I'm not a big fan of going on a date or dating anyone you work with.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:46 AM

I told him, " I think you should go" and just left, but nice.

anyway, I like when a man pursue me and if he gets discourage by my answer then.... he is not the right man for me.

I am worth pursuing. Showing me emails from other women is not the right way to my heart

Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I told him, " I think you should go" and just left, but nice.

anyway, I like when a man pursue me and if he gets discourage by my answer then.... he is not the right man for me.

I am worth pursuing. Showing me emails from other women is not the right way to my heart
And I agree. It's true, women like to know that we are desired and wanted by the opposite sex. We like to see a man put a little work into pursuing us. I do agree though that if a guy played that game with me? It wouldn't work, I'd tell him to go and have fun. (that's if he's playing the I'm going to make her jealous game LOL)

Good for you for realizing you're self worth is worth something.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
And I agree. It's true, women like to know that we are desired and wanted by the opposite sex. We like to see a man put a little work into pursuing us. I do agree though that if a guy played that game with me? It wouldn't work, I'd tell him to go and have fun. (that's if he's playing the I'm going to make her jealous game LOL)

Good for you for realizing you're self worth is worth something.
I am the poster child for self-worth. Actually I learned that the hard way. I choose a mate in my previous marriage, when I did not love myself. And he noticed and took full advantage of that.

This guy did not get the answer he wanted from me. Some people call it playing games, I called self-control. If you think you are going to make me jealous (I am a little bit but he does not know it) you are up for a surprise buddy !

men can be like kids sometimes. (and so can be women)

Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,724,520 times
He's probably just testing you, the same way your testing him. Your using the "hard to get" game while he's countering with the "jealousy" game.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:01 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
Did he say he liked that girl back? If not then he could possibly be just trying to see what reaction you have. Do you actually show signs that you like him as more then a friend? Guys dont take subtle cues very well.

EDIT: Im not a big fan of games but to each their own. I think if he liked you back he would keep trying so youll see soon how itll go.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:02 AM

I can be dying I will not show a man signs of jealousie. HEll no!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
Did he say he liked that girl back? If not then he could possibly be just trying to see what reaction you have. Do you actually show signs that you like him as more then a friend? Guys dont take subtle cues very well.

EDIT: Im not a big fan of games but to each their own. I think if he liked you back he would keep trying so youll see soon how itll go.
He did not mention anything about the girl, just that she ask him out ( I do not ask a man out) to happy hour and to run some type of 10k.

I talk to him, I like him, but I am by nature coy. It is not a game for me is my nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships