Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 12:26 PM

9 posts, read 96,346 times

Advertisements

Do you consider your spouse your best friend? And is your spouse suppose to be your best friend? Yes you guys are living together, building a life together, where you are emotionally and physically intimate, but are you guys close that you tell your spouse everything that comes across your head (hence they are your "best friend?")
?

Last edited by jeronimop; 03-03-2011 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 12:42 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Tough one - I would say that yes, he is my best friend, but I also have female best friends who I discuss all the girly stuff with. I wouldn't be without either!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Tough one - I would say that yes, he is my best friend, but I also have female best friends who I discuss all the girly stuff with. I wouldn't be without either!
I'm with you - he knows me better than anyone in the world, but I don't bury him with all the chitter chatter flitting around my brain. That's what my best girlfriends are for Your spouse should never be your only best friend.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:51 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'm with you - he knows me better than anyone in the world, but I don't bury him with all the chitter chatter flitting around my brain. That's what my best girlfriends are for Your spouse should never be your only best friend.
Exactly - well put! Best friend, yes - only best friend, no!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,945,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I agree! I can't talk about everything to my DH nor does he give great advice about certain things or relate to those things. I tend to think of him as a Best Friend but some things guys will never understand and vice-versa. It doesn't mean I appreciate or love him any less. I just like that I have best friends that I can vent to without having to answer a million questions or provide a lot of background to.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimop View Post
Do you consider your spouse your best friend? And is your spouse suppose to be your best friend? Yes you guys are living together, building a life together, where you are emotionally and physically intimate, but are you guys close that you tell your spouse everything that comes across your head?
Yes, he absolutely, positively IS my best friend. I tell him everything, without filter. We started off as good friends and realized that we were more, so being together was actually our only option. He knows my dreams and aspirations, my regrets and sorrows - and I believe I know his. We finish each other's sentences, we say the same thing at the same time - in unison, same intonation, cadence, and emphasis; and yet, we are opposites in many complementary ways. He is an introvert, I am an extrovert; he is nearly fearless (earned him a few medals in the army) and I am easily frightened; He is quick to anger yet easy to release and I am a slow-boil type who has to work at it to let it go (he helps me there).

Friends who confide in either of us know that we will share - and without exception they have been greatful for the combined wisdom they get in return. We never accept a confidence that isn't preceded with our, "you know I will tell my spouse" warning because neither of us wants to have to think before we speak with each other.

And he IS my only best friend. I have female friends I am best FEMALE friends with, but no one I am as close to as I am with my husband.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:54 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,676,402 times
We are best friends. Our relationship comes before ANY other relationship. We tell each other everything. it should not be any other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships