Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,903,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Napoleon Complex is not confident, it's insecure. It's the same as the other type except it compensates by being pushy.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are 'normal' and 'cool' short guys who are neither of the two types you are speaking of.
I probably should have clarified. Two types of annoying short guys that have no chance.

I have met plenty of guys who are shorter than I am that are cool, funny, smart, confident and good looking.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:10 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,919,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
I see, I am 5'8" and I don't socialize much or ask women out since they usually think like you and go for a 5'8" guy as a last option or an unwanted option rather if they can't find any 6' guys around.

I am however getting a limb lengthening surgery done which would get me to around 6' then I will be good.
Really? I'm 5'8'' too. We're barely short, or short-average. There's some women who only go after 6' guys..so what? Some only go for hipster..or gangsters...or rednecks. We're never going to have 100% of them undressing us with their eyes haha. Anyways, it's pretty obvious you're not getting anywhere because you expect failure. If you look for something, you're gonna see it everywhere.

And tall women are awesome, by the way. But I gotta draw the line at 5'10

Old 02-29-2012, 09:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Really? I'm 5'8'' too. We're barely short, or short-average. There's some women who only go after 6' guys..so what? Some only go for hipster..or gangsters...or rednecks. We're never going to have 100% of them undressing us with their eyes haha. Anyways, it's pretty obvious you're not getting anywhere because you expect failure. If you look for something, you're gonna see it everywhere.

And tall women are awesome, by the way. But I gotta draw the line at 5'10
I don't consider a woman tall until she hits 6' .

I was clothes shopping a few weeks ago and this girl was very audibly complaining about being too tall and not being able to wear heels. Naturally, I was curious so I snuck a peek and with 4"ish tall heels she still wasn't as tall as me in flip flops haha. She was probably 5'6 or so and I just smiled at her as I walked by.

But yes, most men who say they love tall women have a cut off like yours, or they expect all tall women to look like runway models. A tall normal girl? Sure, they'll gawk, stare, drool etc, but would never actually want to be in a relationship with one.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,670,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I was clothes shopping a few weeks ago and this girl was very audibly complaining about being too tall and not being able to wear heels. Naturally, I was curious so I snuck a peek and with 4"ish tall heels she still wasn't as tall as me in flip flops haha. She was probably 5'6 or so and I just smiled at her as I walked by.

But yes, most men who say they love tall women have a cut off like yours, or they expect all tall women to look like runway models. A tall normal girl? Sure, they'll gawk, stare, drool etc, but would never actually want to be in a relationship with one.
But you are so wrong, my darlin'......

Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
But you are so wrong, my darlin'......
That's why I said most men, definitely not all men

Old 03-01-2012, 09:37 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,394,121 times
Since when is 5'8 short for a man? The average height for men in the US is 5'9.

I am 5'9 myself and would have no problem dating a shorter man (not midget-short, but 5'5 or so.. no problem). I have never been attracted to very tall men. I actually prefer men 5'8-5'10.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,919,688 times
Quote:

I consider a girl tall when she's 5'8 or above.. so it's relative!

By the way, my cut-off isn't exactly binding. What, did you think I'd turn down a girl who I find attractive, is adventurous, and digs me if she's over 5'10? I'm just saying in general I prefer girls under that height. Just like a few of the women on here say they like short guys but prefer a certain range.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:49 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,612,990 times
I'm 5'3" and the shortest I ever dated was a guy my height. My current BF is 5'7".

Being short myself has it's advantages as almost all men are taller than me. But my rule of thumb was as long as you're not shorter than me, we're fine!

(Michael J. Fox is my height and back in the day he was my biggest crush. Luckily I got to meet him and made sure I wore flats!!)

Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 PM

474 posts, read 496,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Since when is 5'8 short for a man? The average height for men in the US is 5'9.

I am 5'9 myself and would have no problem dating a shorter man (not midget-short, but 5'5 or so.. no problem). I have never been attracted to very tall men. I actually prefer men 5'8-5'10.
I go on craigslist and plentyoffish and a lot of women have openly told me that if a man isn't 6", they aren't worth their attention. One girl openly wrote that she only likes someone 6'3" and above, although she's only 5'7".

Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 PM

474 posts, read 496,107 times
Quote:

A 6' woman is a freak, not just tall. JK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships