Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:57 PM

474 posts, read 495,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh, there's quite a brigade of us tall CD women around

I've noticed that its the average height women that seem to have such an issue with men being too short. Most tall women don't seem to care much, but it's a deal breaker to a 5'5 woman. Odd.

I had a guy who was 6'8 tell me I was too tall for him . And most of the very tall men I've known over the years (6'3 and taller) won't date a woman over 5'10 or so. Again, odd.
That's so not true, a woman who's 5'5" would go for a less than average tall man provided he is good looking, muscular, charming etc etc. However, most taller women wouldn't even consider him as a potential match even if he's all the above but shorter than them, trust me I speak from experience.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
That's so not true, a woman who's 5'5" would go for a less than average tall man provided he is good looking, muscular, charming etc etc. However, most taller women wouldn't even consider him as a potential match even if he's all the above but shorter than them, trust me I speak from experience.
And so do I .

My cousin is 6'1 and dating a guy who is maybe 5'9, and I have at least 3 girlfriends who are all over 6' tall and dating men shorter than 6'. In fact, in knowing these women many years I've seen them with men taller than they are very rarely. My sister, on the other hand, is 5'6 and refuses to date men who aren't at least 6' tall, and one of my coworkers who is barely 5'4 refuses to even look at a man if he isn't at least 6'.

We tall girls know what it's like to be rejected for silly reasons and many of us just want to find someone compatible regardless of the height difference.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:10 PM

72 posts, read 87,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Oh I can agree to this, I however don't find elevator shoes comfortable to wear, so I don't try to increase my height that way, however I can totally relate to the way women behave when you are a couple of inches taller vs a couple of inches shorter. I am getting my limb lengthening done very soon too as a consequence.
Good luck to you buddy! I am actually very excited about my surgery and prices are coming down fast due to demand. I'm great in all other areas, well educated, financially stable, good looking (ladies always tell me), street smart, well traveled, can cook, but I always get friend zoned or told outright that my height is a problem. I'm 30 now, so enough is enough.

This article inspired me (though this guy took it to an extreme) New York Man 'Grows' Six Inches Through Surgery - Yahoo! News

I am seeking Dr Paley in Florida for my operation hopefully in the Fall!

Old 03-02-2012, 03:15 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times
it's way cheaper if you do it overseas. that doctor seems like a scumbag.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:24 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,552,647 times
My Grandfather was a 5'2" Italian from the old country and my Grandmother was a 5'4" Canadian American Indian woman. They dearly loved each other and showed their children what it was like to be in love, and show respect for each. Height meant nothing to them .

Old 03-03-2012, 12:13 AM

72 posts, read 87,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
it's way cheaper if you do it overseas. that doctor seems like a scumbag.
Yes but you get what you pay for. Paley has an excellent track record and plus this is America, so you get that extra level of comfort I'd feel more at peace of mind doing it here than somewhere I read about in books.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:52 AM

245 posts, read 520,054 times
I'm 5'9, I don't know if you consider it tall or not. I wouldn't date/marry a guy shorter than me, because I'd like my guy to be the one hovering over me.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post
I'm 5'9, I don't know if you consider it tall or not. I wouldn't date/marry a guy shorter than me, because I'd like my guy to be the one hovering over me.
Thanks for exposing this openly, all women invariably prefer tall men who are 6' and above and consider the rest of the menfolk ugly leftovers whom they can fallback on when the taller man leaves them for a hotter woman. Most women scoff and openly ridicule any man who's shorter than them when the man approaches her.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
Yes but you get what you pay for. Paley has an excellent track record and plus this is America, so you get that extra level of comfort I'd feel more at peace of mind doing it here than somewhere I read about in books.
It's $85000, where do we get that kind of money from? Also how many inches are you looking to add?

Old 03-03-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
Good luck to you buddy! I am actually very excited about my surgery and prices are coming down fast due to demand. I'm great in all other areas, well educated, financially stable, good looking (ladies always tell me), street smart, well traveled, can cook, but I always get friend zoned or told outright that my height is a problem. I'm 30 now, so enough is enough.

This article inspired me (though this guy took it to an extreme) New York Man 'Grows' Six Inches Through Surgery - Yahoo! News

I am seeking Dr Paley in Florida for my operation hopefully in the Fall!
Interesting article, even more interesting are the comments under that article where a woman who herself is 4'10" calling a man 5'9"(about the national average in US for men) as being short and how she prefers a man above 6'. If a 4'10" snooki thinks she has to only go for men 6' and above, there's no chance for men who are shorter than average. Exposes that while women claim personality, confidence, charm etc etc to be the factors they look at in a man, all that doesn't matter if you aren't tall enough in the first place. height of the man >>>>> his personality, charm, blah blah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships