Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 05:58 PM

24 posts, read 42,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm a slightly overweight 6'1 woman who gets publicly mocked often, and usually by complete strangers. So yeah, I know what it feels like. Anyone who is t close to average is going to be mocked at one point or another and I've spent far too much time trying to defend my decisions on this thread.

One of my best friends is a 5'5 100 lb man and he gets more tail than any other guy I've ever met. Some short guys will always be popular, as will some tall girls. One of my tall girlfriends gets hit on all the time, while I just get mocked for being 'huge'. I have a feeling I'm going to be single for a while (if not ever) because of my body type and I'm perfectly ok with it. Maybe the short guys should come to terms with it as well.
well you have control over your weight so im not sure what your point is

Old 03-03-2012, 06:00 PM

24 posts, read 42,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
^^^ This

But I am confident. My reasoning for surgery is less about women than it is the discrimination thing (more dating options would be a perk). See it all the time in business. Women have their weight loss surgery and boob jobs. Short men had to just suck it up until now. I don't believe I have Napoleon Complex, but whenever I excel in school or business I'm always being told I'm overcompensating. Gets old pretty quick (and very annoying).
when do you plan on getting the surgery? and where? (as in what country)

Old 03-03-2012, 07:51 PM

42 posts, read 46,803 times
When it comes to relationship or mariage i think the most important thing between two persons is LOVE and being convinced that the other person is the right one for you then, nothing can stand between you. You love the person for who he is and not for what he has.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayicha02 View Post
When it comes to relationship or mariage i think the most important thing between two persons is LOVE and being convinced that the other person is the right one for you then, nothing can stand between you. You love the person for who he is and not for what he has.
In a perfect world, that works. Nice try.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:25 PM

474 posts, read 495,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letslearngerman View Post
when do you plan on getting the surgery? and where? (as in what country)
I am getting it done this December in Russia, around $20,000 total expenses.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,658 times
It's not a total disqualifier, but in order for dating to occur to even get to the level when I'd get to know him as a person, I'd have to be physically attracted to him first; and I'm just not very attracted to men who are shorter than I am. So, my honest answer is no.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
In a perfect world, that works. Nice try.
Hahaha yeah so true. Also, if all the people were only marrying each other only based on love, why do we have so many divorces in the first place.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:31 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
dont do apples and oranges a better analogy would be guys refusing to date ugly chicks its something you they cant really change and is simply a preference but read my post on previous page theres more to dread for the short man than dating
I've found that it's because generally, his troubles come from the "poor me syndrome". It shows in the attitude.

ALL of my husbands roommates in college were shorter than him but a few inches (he's 5'10...his best friend was 5'4 and the other guy was 5'5). They are all successful because they had confidence in themselves, their knowledge and their abilities. They didn't play the "poor me, I'm short, everyone overlooks me" card.

I'll tell you what too...I'll play your weight game from your previous post. I was more than 40lbs overweight and it never stopped me from doing what I wanted and having success as well.

People that let those things get in their way are their own worst enemy.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
well you have control over your weight so im not sure what your point is
Even when I was thin I was mocked. I'm a very tall woman and even when I was 120 lbs I was still called 'Godzilla' and my nickname at work was Jolly Green Giant and if i had a dollar for every time someone would walk by and say 'wow, youre huge!!' I'd be rich. I had men tell me I was far too tall to date, and I've also had women offer their sympathies over the fact that I'd never find a man and get married.

So that was my point. I will never be shorter. I will never be average. Losing weight isn't going to solve my problems.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Even when I was thin I was mocked. I'm a very tall woman and even when I was 120 lbs I was still called 'Godzilla' and my nickname at work was Jolly Green Giant and if i had a dollar for every time someone would walk by and say 'wow, youre huge!!' I'd be rich. I had men tell me I was far too tall to date, and I've also had women offer their sympathies over the fact that I'd never find a man and get married.

So that was my point. I will never be shorter. I will never be average. Losing weight isn't going to solve my problems.
Find a taller man, as simple as that. Taller women have it way way way easier than less than average height men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships