Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 12:53 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letslearngerman View Post
thanks for being atleast honest about it many women on here act like theyre not shallow when they really are lol
tho you were a bit harsh about it

Edit: on second thought after seeing your last post you seem like a total c***
a what? Im even ""rejecting"" Robert downey junior!

Think of it as my thing, i dont reject man for their weight, for their ethnicity, and almost anything if they are good people and interesting. But my thing is height. Im sorry but i cant. Even if someone is as hot as RDJ. Its just how i feel.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 AM

24 posts, read 42,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
a what? Im even ""rejecting"" Robert downey junior!

Think of it as my thing, i dont reject man for their weight, for their ethnicity, and almost anything if they are good people and interesting. But my thing is height. Im sorry but i cant. Even if someone is as hot as RDJ. Its just how i feel.
thats fine

tho you should know that you should probably not divulge your feelings about this outside of the internet because its pretty distasteful

what if i I had a role model that i respected and revered until I found out he was argentinian and after that I could never respect a weak raced argentinian and his disgusting spanish speaking ways

pretty harsh right?

Old 03-04-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letslearngerman View Post
thats fine

tho you should know that you should probably not divulge your feelings about this outside of the internet because its pretty distasteful

what if i I had a role model that i respected and revered until I found out he was argentinian and after that I could never respect a weak raced argentinian and his disgusting spanish speaking ways

pretty harsh right?

but isnt this thread asking the question? The question is "tall women, would you date or marry a short man?" As far as I know, half of them answered no, like myself. So really, its not such a big deal.

Maybe the way of saying it was harsh, but its how i feel. Hey, i ve seen MILLIONS of threads here talking about fat women in a way way more disrispectful way than what im saying now. Im just saying i wouldnt give a second look to short man, cause this is the question that was asked. Sorry if it bothers you.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:22 AM

And i had "divulge" my feelings, i rejected one man, who was my close friend, was lovely, great, good looking and smart, and i told him i couldnt go out with him cause he was short. He completely understand it and didnt even got mad at me. He was 5´4´. I even talk about this with my current boyfriend (6feet) and my female friends. They all agree they wont date short men. Its just natural. No big deal.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:25 AM

24 posts, read 42,041 times
ya ya but once again stop analogizing a fat woman's plight with a short man's

you have control over your weight! fat women are usually just gluttons sloths or comfortable with being fat

Quote:
And i had "divulge" my feelings, i rejected one man, who was my close friend, was lovely, great, good looking and smart, and i told him i couldnt go out with him cause he was short. He completely understand it and didnt even got mad at me. He was 5´4´.
he probably wasnt mad at you (didnt show it at least) but it probably killed his confidence for a while (or longer)

Old 03-04-2012, 07:49 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Haha I would welcome it, hey I said that jokingly btw, I love tall women myself
Aright, I'll let it go THIS time, heh heh heh.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:53 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh, there's quite a brigade of us tall CD women around

I've noticed that its the average height women that seem to have such an issue with men being too short. Most tall women don't seem to care much, but it's a deal breaker to a 5'5 woman. Odd.

I had a guy who was 6'8 tell me I was too tall for him . And most of the very tall men I've known over the years (6'3 and taller) won't date a woman over 5'10 or so. Again, odd.
I've noticed that, too. It's kind of weird.

And yes, there are a number of women on C-D who are much taller than average. We come out every time one of these "height" threads appear.

I was married to a good-looking, 6'4" jerk. I would definitely date someone shorter who was a better person, although someone signficantly shorter just wouldn't work. Half the time when I'm hanging out with 5'2" female friends, I miss half the conversation because they're talking with one another eight inches below my ears.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,918,218 times
Quote:
I completely understand those women on plentyoffish Im 5´8´and i dont give short men a second look, whenever they approach me i think they are off my eye radar and they should just go talk with the shorter people and dont bother with the tall ones.
Your preferences are your own, and that's fine! I have some harsh prefs myself (but not relevant to this thread).

But don't fool yourself into thinking you speak for "the tall ones"
I'm 5'8'', and if a girl my height just needs to be dwarfed by her man, there's nothing I can do about that so I just move on without a second thought. But if a girl in person told me to "go talk with shorter people" I'd tell her to go f*** herself

Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,918,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
Green, I'm shorter than you and think you're taking it a bit too far. At 5'8, there are so many women 5'4 and shorter that WILL pay you attention. 5'8 is just under the US average. You are taller than most average women and under (5'5) even with them wearing heels. You're not even short according to US standards (and I don't mean 'street short' where anything under 6' or 5'10 is considered short).

Short is literally 5'6 and under. Women as small as 5'2 will be taller than me (5'6.5) in heels or wedges, and 5'6 is smaller than most guys (20th percentile). Not trying to attack you, but you should seek therapy not surgery. I don't see 5'8 celebrities or 5'8 guys on the street being laughed at b/c of their height. I could understand maybe wishing you were taller at 5'8, but your height isn't socially inhibiting garnering jokes like someone in the "true" short category.

Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Mario Lopez, Usher and Mark Wahlberg are all 5'8 and always have the ladies after them, and their height is rarely questioned or the source of comedy routines. I never hear height jokes about them. Tom Cruise is about 5'7, and even though he's famous, guys like him and shorter will always have jokes thrown in their direction. Like I said 5'8 is the minimum socially acceptable man height in this US right now.
Unfortunately, it's a lot easier for people to blame their problems on something outside of their control, rather than their own lack of action. That crowd believes life happens to them, rather than the other way around. Since their subconsciousness wants an excuse for being unsuccessful with women, their reality is shaped around that. I imagine that when GreenPapayas walks around, couples with a very tall man and a short woman catch his eye immediately, as its just more ammunition for that worldview. And every vote "No" in this thread also reinforces these beliefs.

Is being short a disadvantage in the numbers game sense? Sure. But you can get around it. When I walk around DC I commonly notice couples that are the same height or the woman is taller. Being short only disqualifies you from dating if you put on a pity party for yourself.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:28 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,375 times
Quote:
NO WAY!!

I think this is the biggest dealbraker i have with man. I could date a fat man, for example, or a man with a big nose, or someone thats not considered good looking, but, im sorry if this looks bad or shallow on my part, i would NEVER EVER DATE A SHORT MAN!!!! And by short, i mean less than 5´9´.

Im 5´8´and I already feel uncomfortable around man that are the same height as me. I dont like them, i dont preffer them, but if the PERFECT man would come with a 5´8´height i could make an exception, but theres no way i would ever give a second look to someone shorter than that, let alone being seen in public with them!!!

Im sorry if this sounds harsh, but i find short men really really unatracctive and the thought of a tall woman walking around with a short man is disgusting, i would never do that. I have rejected lovely, good looking in the face, inteligent, funny, witty, smart, 5`4`, 5`5`, 5`6 men, and i would reject a 5`7´too. Im sorry, but this is how it is, nothing more unnatractive than short men, at least in my eyes.
Evidence of what I said before. Medium height women who grow up thinking they are sooooo tall (lol) are the ones with the worst height prejudice. Maybe 5'7-5'10 is just the right range for girls to grow up feeling taller than the norm but still have enough tall options to be horribly shallow about their mate's height.

I've found most women who are actually tall don't care as much about height. Maybe we just get over that silly societal standard, maybe we know the difficulties of being outside the norm, I don't know but I've never heard a tall woman spit as much venom as the little ladies do.

And I think there's a difference between a preference and blind, hateful prejudice. I prefer men who are exactly my height. I also prefer brunettes, caucasians, and men with a chest full of hair. This hasn't stopped me from dating smooth chested blonds or my current honey, a 5'10 hispanic. Outright rejecting otherwise wonderful potential loves over such minor variations from your ideal is, in my opinion, quite pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships