Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:04 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times

Advertisements

[quote=LibraGirl123;18145665]Is this the guy you were gushing about on another forum who was interested in investing $30,000 in your business?[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I was in no way attracted to that guy from my OP!
Quote:
Yes.
Ok, so which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 03:16 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
He was ticked off that you thought him too old for dating, but you agreed to go to dinner as "friends". Why even go to dinner with him?? He had nothing to lose, so he was just jerking your chain. No, most people are not like that, but I don't know why you agreed to have dinner with him.
I completely agree.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:22 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
After re-reading your post, I think the guy was a little strange for wanting to invite you to his friends Shabbat dinner.

Usually those dinners are reserved for close friends and family. I think he wanted to show you off. You're 22, he's 35. He wanted to make sure you knew how much his car cost so he threw in that little side comment about "who's car do you think is safer" just to tell you how much his car was worth. And he probably wanted to impress you with picking you up from your house in his "expensive" car. Let me tell you that if you had allowed him to pick you up from your home (and you're absolutely right for meeting him at the restaurant) he probably would have tried to control you the whole evening. Even if you told him you were ready to go, he would have found another excuse to keep you longer. Not to mention his comment about "in MY country... men do this.. women do that"...

Oh that's just a lot of hot air from a chauvanist "macho-he-man".

He's a superficial pompous air bag.

There may be other men you meet like him in the future, but if you can pick out the signs of a pompous airbag before you decide to go on a date, you'll save yourself a wasted evening.

Tonight was just "Introduction to Pompous Air Bag 101"....

By the time "Advance Recognition of Gas Bags 102" comes up you'll already be a pro at recognizing the signs and politely make the excuse:

"Oh, I'm sorry I have plans tonight - My shower needs descaling"

Enjoy your wine. Have a sip for me!
Beeeaaaaaaaauutifullly Spoken on ALL points !!

Old 03-05-2011, 03:26 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
"Your car is worth $8,000 and mine is worth $80,000 which do you think is safer?"
"Mine, because it's not driven by a jackarse. Have a nice evening."

Stand up, throw some money on the table, leave.

You know, it's probably a good thing I'm not on the dating scene.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:43 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
This reminds me of when I fixed one of my business acquaintences up with a 23 year old I knew. He took her to dinner at the country club and about half way through dinner told her assumed that she had never been in a country club before and wanted to show her some new experiences. Haha.

To say she was pissed is an understatement. He also did the same thing with the car. He said "I get a new 911 every year. Nice isn''t it." Haha.

then he drove her up to the site of his new house overlooking the city and said some more condescending stuff.

I was pretty surprised. He always seemed like a secure, level headed guy to me. I guess that because she was such a bombshell he had to establish his qualifications with her.

Just remember, some guys get a little weak kneed around really attractive females regardeless of their age and it makes them act silly.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:48 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
"Mine, because it's not driven by a jackarse. Have a nice evening."

Stand up, throw some money on the table, leave.

You know, it's probably a good thing I'm not on the dating scene.
I agree, the guy sounds like something that rhymes with click.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:01 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, the guy sounds like something that rhymes with click.
Yes...something like * stick *

Old 03-05-2011, 04:30 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,918 times
Why is it a date if you said you're too old for him? Don't get it.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:34 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
From the moment this was established you should have declined any "dates." By accepting the "date" this man he thought he stood a chance with you, could impress or persuede you. Essentially by giving him an inch he was going to try to take a mile.
But the men who don't try to take a mile when given an inch are instead called "wusses".

No one says at the end of a date "Can I get permission to kiss you? or Am I allowed to call you again?".

Old 03-05-2011, 06:34 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
[quote=WFW&P;18148814]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Is this the guy you were gushing about on another forum who was interested in investing $30,000 in your business?[/quote]

Ok, so which is it?

I was not attracted to him, I thought he was interested in possibly investing in a business idea I have. I actually didn't think he would or I wouldn't have taken him up on that offer (since I have a lot to think about), I just wanted to hear what else he had to say about running your own business. He even told me he was "close friends with these two lesbian girls that own a doggyday care/grooming place and they do very well. I can introduce them to you on Sunday!".

Oh well, it will make a good story to tell the girls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships