Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 04:45 PM

817 posts, read 811,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Yeah good luck with that. You have to be really naive to think foreign women aren't just as interested in what American women are interested in.

Gee, some might even be gold diggers, but you won't see that because you have your blinders on. Men like you are easy targets for those foreign women after a GC and a wallet to fleece.
I know how to spot a gold digger from someone genuinely interested in me, and how to know when a woman has genuine respect and love for me, so it's not that easy for those foreign women after a GC and a wallet to fleece to get me .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 04:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Because a lot of them are very open minded and respect a man irrespective of his ethnicity or nationality status, that's what I have found being true in the case of a lot of them. They respect a man and love him and get that in return too.
I am skeptical whether that's the whole story. I don't doubt that Filipina women are loving and respectful, but I don't see why they wouldn't just marry another Filipino and stay near their families unless they wanted to leave. You don't hear about American men going to Europe and being surrounded by attentive, flattering Swedes or Finns, or French or Italian women.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:48 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,605 times
Quote:
Because a lot of them are very open minded and respect a man irrespective of his ethnicity or nationality status, that's what I have found being true in the case of a lot of them. They respect a man and love him and get that in return too.
Sorry to burst your bubble , and trust me I am not an american, I am a "foreign" women (I just happen to come from a wealthy family back home).

No member of my family has married an american. We immigrated thru our education. But a lot of friends that were really poor did it.

Wealthy people do not just leave their lifes, families, customs for men that they probably meet in a visit or the internet. The main incentive to do this for a female is money.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I really don't think the majority of Americans hold the same beliefs about immigrants as the people who are posting HUGE generalizations on this forum.

I have known more successful, well-adjusted, and savvy immigrants than the ones that try to leach off Americans.

BTW, not all American women are bitter!! HEYY!!!
I know not all of them are, just some of the one's here. Most American women I have come across look at me and assume that I am some call center working guy taking over their job, I shall tell them to go find how many people they could find working on a field like "spintronics" and watch their jaws drop, and the tinge of embarrassment on their faces when they realize that I am much smarter than what they could ever be. LOL.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:51 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,605 times
Quote:
I know not all of them are, just some of the one's here. Most American women I have come across look at me and assume that I am some call center working guy taking over their job, I shall tell them to go find how many people they could find working on a field like "spintronics" and watch their jaws drop, and the tinge of embarrassment on their faces when they realize that I am much smarter than what they could ever be. LOL.
Maybe your arrogance is the reason you are alone and has nothing to do with nacionalities.

Even if you are smarter, an statement like this comes accross as conceited and arrogant

Old 03-11-2011, 04:51 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Perhaps so, I just talk out of my own experience and experiences of friends I have seen, I never said that the whole bunch of people I don't know anything about are that way, maybe there are some women who respect a man for what they should among that crowd, don't deny that.
Here's your opening statement this morning, by the way.

Quote:
It's because American women are the worst when it comes to respecting a man, and treating him with the attention he deserves.
So yes, you are talking about a whole bunch of people you don't know, and you have called us bitter a few times. I for one am not bitter, and there's nothing for me to be bitter about.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:53 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
You are right, their ignorance is laughable at the very least. Let's see, I am from a third world country myself, came here did my Bachelor's in a top 10 US school, and then did my Master's, now wrapping up a PhD from Georgia Tech(again in the top 5), make upwards of 100k, got my Green Card filed in EB1 Category(extraordinary skilled), had offers from 3 other countries to do research including Sweden, Germany and Australia before I decided to settle down here, but since I am from a third world country, I totally need an American woman for a stable life , according to the logic of the women commenting here.

EPIC FAIL!!!

Most of my family is from a VERY third world country and all of them are well educated in their old country AND America. Two of my cousins own busy restaurants and my aunt and uncle own a preschool in one of the most expensive suburbs in the country and they have only lived in the states for two years AND speak perfect english.

My own mother came to this country with nothing except some college experience back in her country studying engineering. She studied English at Harvard University. She worked as a seamstress, a baby sitter, a maid, a bank teller, and was a great mother to me.

She now is at the top of her field in accounting and does quite well for herself. Also her english vocabulary and grammer is far more advanced than more than half of the Americans I know.

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
The main incentive to do this for a female is money.
And for that the woman doesn't have to be from a poor country. Even women in rich western countries go after a man's money. Some do it in a crude way (goldiggers) and others do it in a more "acceptable"
way (your average woman). Reason why woman look for men above their level.

Is this wrong/right? Depends on how you see it.

Quote:
Maybe your arrogance is the reason you are alone and has nothing to do with nacionalities.

Even if you are smarter, an statement like this comes accross as conceited and arrogant
I am only arrogant to those that heap stereotypes on me out of their ignorance, stop doing that, and I will be very friendly and respectful, I have no qualms in respecting people, I don't believe in doing that to people who are insulting and disrespectful.

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
The main incentive to do this for a female is money.
It's not exactly money per se. It's supposedly better life. Also, rumor has it abroad that Americans make good husbands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships