Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmountains View Post
plain and simple, you're homophobic. you are feeling real revulsion. Most women being pursued by men they aren't interested in just feel annoyed. It just is what it is, homophobia. But hey, that can be overcome

oh, and fyi, sin is sin, it all separates us from god, no need to try to rank them in any order, lol.
Truth.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:23 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
LOL!
He was doing the looking up, looking down, look at me, look at the door routine. I guess he din't notice me behind him at first. I ALWAYS look like I'll put up a fight if you know what mean?

Old 03-18-2011, 10:03 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Truth.
And the truth will set you free!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:08 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
I am a straight male. And I believe in God. I believe homosexuality is a sin. However, as where it ranks on the seriousness of a sin - I don't know. This is not what the thread is about, but it is necessary that you know where I stand for the following.

I have had a couple of gay men in my life that were attracted to me. Plus I'm sure there were other gay men that I've came across that respected that I was straight even though they were attracted to me. I do not mind being friends with a gay guy. As long as the gay guy has a good personalty and same hobbies, etc, and doesn't try to flirt/sexually stare/anything creepy/etc at me. If it turns out the gay guy has a thing for me, yes I'd stop being friends with him and cut off contact. Just the same as how many men and women can't stay friends most times in those situations.

There are obviously non-creepy gay men, and creepy gay men.

My example of a non-creepy gay man - one who I could become friends with, is one who is open about his sexuality if asked, respects men and women, and enjoys life.

My example of a creepy gay man - would be one that hides the fact that he is gay, secretly tries to become friends with straight males in attempts to satisfy his perverted attempts at his sexual gratification, flirts/sexual talk towards straight males that he knows are uninterested, staring creepily all the time at straight males or a particular male that has already told him to leave him alone.

It honestly makes me feel disgusted/sickened/unclean/morally hurt/angered when a creepy gay man repeatedly makes sexual overtones/advances towards me after telling the creep I'm straight multiple times.

I have had women try to pursue me before, and one that has tried for almost 2 years now, however, I have never felt creeped out by a woman I am definitely not interested in , pursuing me, making physical contact, or undressing me with her eyes or making sexual flirts with me, etc.

My main question is , is what I felt above, the same feeling a women would have if a guy she was definitely not interested in kept pursuing her?

B.c if it is , I really never want to look the wrong way at a woman I like again and take things at her pace.
The guy you're talking about sounds like a sexual predator.

It doesn't matter their sexual orientation. Men like that really can't control their urges. I wouldn't trust him to be alone with him in a room because he's sick.

I used to get followed home by a man in a green car when I was a teen who wouldn't take no for an answer. He'd show up from time to time offering me a ride home. Sicko.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
And yet our OP seems to have disappeared and apparently can't face the truth, lol.
Creepy has little to do with whether you are straight or not. It is about a certain (look) feel or vibe someone gives off.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-21-2011 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted video.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:12 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Plain and simple, you're homophobic. You are feeling real revulsion. Most women being pursued by men they aren't interested in just feel annoyed. It just is what it is, homophobia. But hey, that CAN be overcome

Oh, and FYI, sin is sin, it all separates us from God, no need to try to rank them in any order, lol.
I don't think it's homophobic to say that there's a creepy gay dude who won't take no for an answer and is leering at him sexually.

I guess you've never been perved by someone you told you weren't interested. It's harassment. Plain and simple.

And it's sexual harassment to continue with sexual advances which aren't wanted or returned.

This has nothing to do with homophobia. What's to be fearful of a homosexual? It's unwanted leering and sex talk. And that's harassment.

If it happened to a female from a guy it would still be harassment.

If some guy was staring at your boobs when you're talking to him and he's making comments about how much he'd like to touch them every time he sees you that's harassment.

Makes no difference if it's coming from a guy to a guy or - from a guy to a female.

Unwanted sexual advances is harassment and the OP has a valid point.

Quote:
NON-VERBAL
· Looking a person up and down (Elevator eyes)
· Staring at someone

· Blocking a person's path
· Following the person
· Giving personal gifts
· Displaying sexually suggestive visuals
· Making sexual gestures with hands or through body movements
· Making facial expressions such as winking, throwing kisses, or licking lips
http://www.un.org/womenwatch/osagi/pdf/whatissh.pdf

Old 03-18-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't think it's homophobic to say that there's a creepy gay dude who won't take no for an answer and is leering at him sexually.

I guess you've never been perved by someone you told you weren't interested. It's harassment. Plain and simple.

And it's sexual harassment to continue with sexual advances which aren't wanted or returned.

This has nothing to do with homophobia. What's to be fearful of a homosexual? It's unwanted leering and sex talk. And that's harassment.

If some guy was staring at your boobs when you're talking to him and he's making comments about how much he'd like to touch them every time he sees you that's harassment.

Makes no difference if it's coming from a guy to a guy or - from a guy to a female.

Sexual Harassment Fact Sheet
Men don't tell anyone. We tell them to get lost or beat their a**. That's how it's done.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:29 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:

http://www.un.org/womenwatch/osagi/pdf/whatissh.pdf

Exactly. Personally, I have no fear of homosexuals and don't believe there IS anything to fear.

But homophobics DO have that fear, as irrational as that is.

I read our OP one way, you read him another

I am, of course, very sympathetic to anyone being stalked by a predator. I would suggest that if our OP really believes he is being stalked that he take two of his biggest buddies to have a conversation with the guy who can't seem to take "no" for an answer.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:10 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Quote:
No it's not OP, but OP is homophobic nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
It honestly makes me feel disgusted/sickened/unclean/morally hurt/angered when a creepy gay man repeatedly makes sexual overtones/advances towards me after telling the creep I'm straight multiple times.

I have had women try to pursue me before, and one that has tried for almost 2 years now, however, I have never felt creeped out by a woman I am definitely not interested in , pursuing me, making physical contact, or undressing me with her eyes or making sexual flirts with me, etc.
This is Homophobia.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Exactly. Personally, I have no fear of homosexuals and don't believe there IS anything to fear.

But homophobics DO have that fear, as irrational as that is.

I read our OP one way, you read him another

I am, of course, very sympathetic to anyone being stalked by a predator. I would suggest that if our OP really believes he is being stalked that he take two of his biggest buddies to have a conversation with the guy who can't seem to take "no" for an answer.
Um...where do I sign up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships