Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Um...where do I sign up?

hahahaha - you and me both. I don't suffer bullies or predators well.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:30 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,647,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hahahaha - you and me both. I don't suffer bullies or predators well.
I don't get it in real life. Only on the internet! Perhaps they should see what is behind door number two, huh?

Old 03-18-2011, 11:31 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,800,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
I am a straight male. And I believe in God. I believe homosexuality is a sin. However, as where it ranks on the seriousness of a sin - I don't know. This is not what the thread is about, but it is necessary that you know where I stand for the following.

I have had a couple of gay men in my life that were attracted to me. Plus I'm sure there were other gay men that I've came across that respected that I was straight even though they were attracted to me. I do not mind being friends with a gay guy. As long as the gay guy has a good personalty and same hobbies, etc, and doesn't try to flirt/sexually stare/anything creepy/etc at me. If it turns out the gay guy has a thing for me, yes I'd stop being friends with him and cut off contact. Just the same as how many men and women can't stay friends most times in those situations.

There are obviously non-creepy gay men, and creepy gay men.

My example of a non-creepy gay man - one who I could become friends with, is one who is open about his sexuality if asked, respects men and women, and enjoys life.

My example of a creepy gay man - would be one that hides the fact that he is gay, secretly tries to become friends with straight males in attempts to satisfy his perverted attempts at his sexual gratification, flirts/sexual talk towards straight males that he knows are uninterested, staring creepily all the time at straight males or a particular male that has already told him to leave him alone.

It honestly makes me feel disgusted/sickened/unclean/morally hurt/angered when a creepy gay man repeatedly makes sexual overtones/advances towards me after telling the creep I'm straight multiple times.

I have had women try to pursue me before, and one that has tried for almost 2 years now, however, I have never felt creeped out by a woman I am definitely not interested in , pursuing me, making physical contact, or undressing me with her eyes or making sexual flirts with me, etc.

My main question is , is what I felt above, the same feeling a women would have if a guy she was definitely not interested in kept pursuing her?

B.c if it is , I really never want to look the wrong way at a woman I like again and take things at her pace.
I think you're closeted gay. Why are you friends with so many gay man. You find them disgusting, but you spend time with the "pervs". (your word) Gay men hit on you, because you are in their circle...chillin.

Stop going to the gay bars, then they won't assume you're gay. Problem solved.

The church has screwed up your head with sin sin sin. You find yourself in a difficult position and unsure how to handle it.

Kiss him and end all the wondering.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't think it's homophobic to say that there's a creepy gay dude who won't take no for an answer and is leering at him sexually.

I guess you've never been perved by someone you told you weren't interested. It's harassment. Plain and simple.

And it's sexual harassment to continue with sexual advances which aren't wanted or returned.
Is it harassment, if the person is hot.

if Halle Berry poked me in the breast I just may say, you do that one more time. I'm going to tell someone.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:40 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,465,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I think you're closeted gay. Why are you friends with so many gay man. You find them disgusting, but you spend time with the "pervs". (your word) Gay men hit on you, because you are in their circle...chillin.

Stop going to the gay bars, then they won't assume you're gay. Problem solved.

The church has screwed up your head with sin sin sin. You find yourself in a difficult position and unsure how to handle it.

Kiss him and end all the wondering.
Why would he have to be a "closeted gay" because he has gay male friends.

He said in his post he doesn't care if a guy is gay or not if they have some common interest he can be friendly with them.

Doesn't make him a closeted gay.

Where does he say he went to a gay bar in his post?

Old 03-18-2011, 11:45 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,465,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
No it's not OP, but OP is homophobic nonetheless.

Quote:
It honestly makes me feel disgusted/sickened/unclean/morally hurt/angered when a creepy gay man repeatedly makes sexual overtones/advances towards me after telling the creep I'm straight multiple times.
This is Homophobia.
Why is it homophobic to say the guy is gay and creepy and he feels disgusted, sickened, morally hurt, angry and unclean?

He said in his post he doesn't have a problem with gay men when he has something in common with them and they don't press him to return sexual advances.

If a female was friends with a male, and the guy pressed her for sex constantly, wouldn't she have a right to feel "disgusted, sickened, morally hurt, angry and unclean"?

It seems to me that people want to engage in the old double standard whereby if someone violates your sensibilities and they're straight, they're just a sick creepy pervert, and you can call them a sick creepy pervert.

But if they're a GAY creepy sick pervert, YOU'RE A HOMOPHOBE because you said the "G" word.

He tells the guy he's STRAIGHT more than a couple of times, and the gay dude keeps pressing him for attention.

When men do that to women who don't want it... that's EXACTLY how they feel. Now it's a dude going it to another dude and he's called HOMOPHOBIC.

Double standard that the pro-gay side loves to press. Homophobic, you're a secret closeted gay. Just lies and propaganda.

Tell me how that wouldn't make you feel disgusted, sickened, morally hurt, angry and unclean? When that same guy does it on the 1,000th time and gets a fat lip - then it's going to be called GAY BASHING.

Well, sometimes the disgusted, sickened, morally hurt, angry and unclean feel violated enough to throw a punch. Then that makes front page news because the creepy gay dude got punched.

When do the sexually aggressive who can't take no for an answer get called on the carpet for what they are... PERVERTS!

And that's what I'm interpreting from the OPs original post.

Bad behavior is bad behavior, and gays don't get a pass or excused from it because they're gay, and straights shouldn't be called homophobic when they call a gay person on the carpet for bad behavior. Just as straights don't get a pass when they exhibit bad behavior.

That's all there is to it nothing more, no homophobia... and nothing less.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 03-18-2011 at 12:13 PM..

Old 03-18-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why would he have to be a "closeted gay" because he has gay male friends.

He said in his post he doesn't care if a guy is gay or not if they have some common interest he can be friendly with them.

Doesn't make him a closeted gay.

Where does he say he went to a gay bar in his post?
Being sarcastic with the bar comment.

If their pervs, why hang out with them. A woman can share my hobbies and interest, if I don't care for her, then why would I hang.

My friend is lesbian. I could careless. She made a pass the other day. I put her back in her place and we're cool.

She's not a perv. She's not sinful. She's my lesbo friend. That's it.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 PM

199 posts, read 491,241 times
I don't think people are creeped out by someone their not interested who keeps trying more like annoyed. I don't mind it aslong as the girl isn't going all psycho, thats when it starts getting creepy. You know how there is always that one girl you don't even pay much mind too that for some reason thinks shes your girlfriend and throws random tantrums on you. Thats when people start becoming creepy

Old 03-18-2011, 12:22 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,988,814 times
LuckyGem, OP is obviously homophobic.

He doesn't feel disgusted when it's a woman. He only does if it's a man. Seriously, this is a no-brianer.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:27 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,647,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
LuckyGem, OP is obviously homophobic.

He doesn't feel disgusted when it's a woman. He only does if it's a man. Seriously, this is a no-brianer.
I still stand with my original posts. Creepy is creepy be it gay or straight. It doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with sexual advances either. Tying you up in a cellar and torture is though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.