Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:52 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,244 times

Advertisements

Ever have one of these? Today I told my wife that I was sorry I'm getting a bit of a belly. It's not like I'm obese or anything. I exercise, and we eat healthy. However, I think my metabolism is slowing down (note to self, boost metabolism )

Anyway, just as I said this she looked at me like some kind of prophet of old and said, "God looks not on the outer, but on the heart." She stopped me dead in my tracks and I thought, "Lord, of course she's right thank you for using her to remind me." God always has a way of reminding me why He gave her to me.

Ever have one of those with your spouse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 10:04 AM

23,018 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Yes, I do, my husband is a wonderful Christian man who is always encouraging me. He loves me they way the Bible says a man is to love his wife. I feel so blessed to have him in my life. I am always telling him and everyone that he is the best husband in the world!

Old 07-07-2007, 10:10 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
Well, my motto is never eat anything bigger than your head. Actually I just don't gain weight, it always stay about the same. I could use more exercise though and I've really gotten lazy since I retired. That's just as important as your diet so I need to do something. I'm glad that you're exercising, it makes a difference.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:14 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Ever have one of these? Today I told my wife that I was sorry I'm getting a bit of a belly. It's not like I'm obese or anything. I exercise, and we eat healthy. However, I think my metabolism is slowing down (note to self, boost metabolism )

Anyway, just as I said this she looked at me like some kind of prophet of old and said, "God looks not on the outer, but on the heart." She stopped me dead in my tracks and I thought, "Lord, of course she's right thank you for using her to remind me." God always has a way of reminding me why He gave her to me.

Ever have one of those with your spouse?
Congrats!!! "He that finds a wife finds a good thing and obtaineth favor with the Lord." It sounds like u have found a good wife and she is absolutely right. If we put the same effort into our spirit man as we do are natural/ outter man we would be much better off. Now this does not mean we should not do our best to take care of our bodies-the Lord's temple But we should not neglect the weightier things either-no pawn intended

Old 07-07-2007, 10:15 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,746,330 times
thought this was a thread about weight, reminds me...time to exercise. but the Op, yes , wife def an encouragement!

Old 07-07-2007, 10:20 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,189,107 times
What about the idea that the body is the Temple? I am sure that God is happy that you are letting the Temple fall into disrepair.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:38 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,578,119 times
I Corinthians 3:16-17;Do you not know that tou are a temple of God,and that the spirit of God dwells in you?If any man destroys the temple of God,God will destroy him,for the temple of God is holy,and that is what you are.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:55 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,510 times
I think that ILNC and I are going to have a "Best Husband's" contest. I have the greatest husband a woman could ask for. (He's also a great daddy and step-dad, too).

Old 07-07-2007, 11:16 AM

7,997 posts, read 12,277,938 times
Ummm...Sadly, no, I have never had a spouse say that. On the "lighter" side, however, if there is any way that any god can help me shed 25 pounds, I'm open to hearing it!!!

(Wow! Now there's a potential conversion-in-the-making!)

-June

Old 07-07-2007, 11:52 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Ummm...Sadly, no, I have never had a spouse say that. On the "lighter" side, however, if there is any way that any god can help me shed 25 pounds, I'm open to hearing it!!!

(Wow! Now there's a potential conversion-in-the-making!)

-June
Want us to put you on the prayer list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships