Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:40 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,002 times

Advertisements

Wow. Honestly I would never think of not allowing my fiance to look in my purse without my "permission." My stuff is his stuff, and vice versa...that's just the way we've always been. I hate silly (in my opinion, no judging) boundaries like that. I think the scariest thing that lerks in my bag is a tampon or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 10:10 PM

3,289 posts, read 9,185,850 times
Quote:
Both off limits unless there's either specific permission or an explicit understanding that it's OK.
I'm sorry but that's not me and my husband...

To me it's a trust issue. I trust him, he trusts me. I don't make a habit of going thru it but if I need to find something like the health insurance card or a certain credit card, I will go look for it in his wallet...same with him.

Altho he swears there are alligators in MY purse and usually brings mine to me to dig for stuff. He says mine bites him. Stuff has a bad habit of hiding in the bottom of my purse.

And if I need money, I ask...I don't just take it. We seldom keep much money on us.

Quote:
On the other hand, when I'm doing laundry and I'm emptying out pockets and see a few bucks, it's fair game in my book.
THAT usually happened with the daughter, not my husband. Can't tell you how much SHE lost. Liz

Old 07-26-2007, 11:54 PM

Location: Phoenix...until next week, then Maryland...tick tock tick tock
169 posts, read 607,724 times
Well, I mentioned this in the original thread...but I sorta feel like my purse is mine & the BF's wallet is his. It's not that I have anything to hide, just that I have a way I have things in my purse & my BF would not leave things the way he found them! That & even tho I don't have anything to hide from him, I kinda don't like my stuff pawed through by someone else. Dunno why, just a personal thing, I guess.

...& taking money without asking is just not cool. If I left money in my wallet, I expect it to be there when I need to use it. Ask me & I'll share, but just help yourself & I'll be pissed ...true emergencies excluded.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:45 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,031,245 times
I don't think either of us have anything to hide, but we don't go through each other's purse/wallets. But if he needs something and it's in my purse or vice versa, neither of us has a problem with that

Old 07-27-2007, 01:24 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,178 times
I don't know, there's just something "sneaky" about going into other people's stuff. Maybe it was b'c of all those years as a kid I'd go into my parents' wallet/purses to steal some change for candy.

There's nothing to hide but it's just courtesy to say you're going into somebody else's stuff, IMO.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:34 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,623,897 times
I have no problem with him going into my wallet/handbag and he is perfectly happy for me to go into his wallet/ briefcase. We tell each other when we have done it, matter of fact but what is the big deal ?
We also share an email address and only have one cell between us ( he has one for work but when we are together we only have one "personal" cell phone).

I trust him 100% and he trusts me 100%. We too "sneak" money in each others wallets if we notice a lack of cash and we leave each other little notes there too.
I have nothing in either my wallet or handbag I would mind him seeing so why should I be bothered.
If he has bought me a present and put it in his briefcase he will tell me to stay away from it until he has safely hidden it away but that's about it !

Old 07-27-2007, 05:12 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I have no problem with him going into my wallet/handbag and he is perfectly happy for me to go into his wallet/ briefcase. We tell each other when we have done it, matter of fact but what is the big deal ?
We also share an email address and only have one cell between us ( he has one for work but when we are together we only have one "personal" cell phone).

I trust him 100% and he trusts me 100%. We too "sneak" money in each others wallets if we notice a lack of cash and we leave each other little notes there too.
I have nothing in either my wallet or handbag I would mind him seeing so why should I be bothered.
If he has bought me a present and put it in his briefcase he will tell me to stay away from it until he has safely hidden it away but that's about it !
im noticing a trend here, ive been missing out on,,wtf??(i miss everything)

a woman placing money inside a mans wallet...my god ive thought ive heard it all.
i think this is awesome!!!!

Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,752,834 times
Wow! I've still never opened a man's wallet to insert surprise cash. I guess I would leave the cash under his keys or on top of his wallet where he would find it in the morning.
Is this really a trust/insecure or respect for others personal private things issue?

Old 07-27-2007, 06:36 AM

3,289 posts, read 9,185,850 times
Quote:
Is this really a trust/insecure or respect for others personal private things issue?
If I am not married to the man, I won't go into his wallet without express permission. I won't go in any female's purse without express permission.

So, for me, I guess it is a trust issue..as far as my spouse is concerned but a respect for privacy issue with everyone else. Liz

Old 07-27-2007, 06:46 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,623,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
im noticing a trend here, ive been missing out on,,wtf??(i miss everything)

a woman placing money inside a mans wallet...my god ive thought ive heard it all.
i think this is awesome!!!!
Not only that but I loathe shopping, have no interest in TV soaps, girly stuff, clothes, I don't talk much ( a lot less than him), I hate "gossip", I don't want kids and never coo over babies either . I also cannot stay on the phone longer than a few seconds as I hate phoning people !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships