Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 01:26 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,918 times

Advertisements

Why is this? Because we finally pinned you down on something you can't get out of, setting you up for rejection from MEN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 01:31 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Why is this? Because we finally pinned you down on something you can't get out of, setting you up for rejection from MEN.
What are you even saying here? Pinned who down on what? It makes no sense.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've followed the entire thread and saw no such name-calling. You're the one who made the claim, so the burden of proof is on you, dude.
Come on, do you believe that? The thread was locked for it.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What are you even saying here? Pinned who down on what? It makes no sense.
Any man from the model looking doctor to the fat, short, bald, poor man can/could reject any woman with kids. It hurts worse when a fat bald guy does it.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:39 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellea View Post

A saint I am not. A 10 I am not. My original question was based entirely on the stereotypes of singe mothers. With which I do not fall into the stereotype of single mothers. Apparently this is a VERY heated topic!
I deal with individuals not stereotypes. Stereotypes might be useful with establishing certain parameters however about an individual. You have to work with the information you got and than revise it as new information becomes available.

In your case the information is, unlike the typical unwed young mother stereotype, you're a woman that made a deliberate decision to have kids while in a very shaky marriage. Thus you will still contribute to the reasons that a negative stereotype exists for other single mothers. Just not in the standard way for doing so. Any guy that comes across you had better be cautious. Not nice sorry, but unless there is ameliorating evidence presented, there you go.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:42 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
I deal with individuals not stereotypes. Stereotypes might be useful with establishing certain parameters however about an individual. You have to work with the information you got and than revise it as new information becomes available.

In your case the information is, unlike the typical unwed young mother stereotype, you're a woman that made a deliberate decision to have kids while in a very shaky marriage. Thus you will still contribute to the reasons that a negative stereotype exists for other single mothers. Just not in the standard way for doing so. Any guy that comes across you had better be cautious. Not nice sorry, but unless there is ameliorating evidence presented, there you go.
+100. You said it better than any of us could ever have.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post

You also have good eyes Matt. I never needed my glasses. I read people!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
+100. You said it better than any of us could ever have.
It's funny how WE are told what MEN prefer! I'm falling out of my chair now and choking on ice! LOL

Old 03-23-2011, 01:54 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Quit projecting your venom at our OP

She was in a 4 year relationship with the father of her children and his mental illness forced her to break up with him (probably for the benefit of her children as well as for her).

AND, she is not even interested in dating right now (good for her, her kids are too young and need her full attention).

She was strictly expressing surprise and dismay at the things said on these threads about single moms by people like you.
I'm still confused about the mental illness bit. Where was it said that the ex had a mental illness?

Old 03-23-2011, 04:00 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellea View Post
Am I, a 26 year old, college educated, successful, hard working, attractive woman, destined to lower my standards and get stereotyped continuously just because I am a single mother?
Not trying to be mean or anything, but you are in competition with the late 20- early 30s year old college educated, successful, hard working, attractive women out there who do not have a child. I think it's realistic to accept that some men will be "out of your league" due to this fact. But at the same time, you probably wouldn't want to be with men like that anyways (not that there is something wrong with men who don't want to be tied to children that aren't biologically theirs - it is a valid choice).

So it probably will all work out for the best. The reality is that you are somewhat limited, but it's also not the end of the world by a far stretch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships