Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 04:14 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,699,429 times

Advertisements

well, I don't go to meat markets, I go to bookstores, sporting events, some singles events, and still I'm meeting men that don't want them or have had v's. It's frustrating! I wonder where the decent ones that want a kid are!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Quit meeting men in meat markets and you'll do a lot better.

Plenty of good guys want kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 04:17 PM

thanks! I just wish I could meet the men that want kids! I date evvery now and then, but a few dates in, the subject will come up that he's had a v or doesn't want kids.
Maybe I need to move to another state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I my life and in my interactions with men just about every single guy I've known as a buddy, said that they would like to have kids.

So I don't know why the OP is having a problem....

She's quite lovely, if its the one the same one I'm thinking of....

Old 03-26-2011, 04:20 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,480,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Like you have dedicated your life to not growing up

You're 19 going on 12, you have no idea what a relationship is, nor the gist of sharing with anyone on a deep level. Your thoughts are merely conjecture because you have no real understanding or experience of anything that remotely resembles adult behaviours.

You see other young men here entertaining the possibility that one day they would like marriage and children...THAT is normal.
So you're saying it's not normal if a young person doesn't want to get married or have kids?

Like I said, it's just a preference. How can a preference be not normal?

What about the 30+ year old posters that don't have kids nor do they want them? Are they not normal?

Old 03-26-2011, 04:20 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,881,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
well, I don't go to meat markets, I go to bookstores, sporting events, some singles events, and still I'm meeting men that don't want them or have had v's. It's frustrating! I wonder where the decent ones that want a kid are!!
Could it be they want kids but not with you? Are they hoping for a NSA relationship because they already have a girlfriend? Could they be secretly married and hoping for a one-night stand... if you met a lot of guys and they don't want kids, chances are they are just looking to cheat on their spouse but not let you know that information because there aren't that many guys with that point of view... perhaps, they are too old... after a certain age, I wouldn't want to have kids.... I don't want a have kid to still be home when I retire!! Maybe they think they are so good-looking they are trying to sleep with as many girls as possible and don't want to be tied down... is that the kind of guy you been hunting?

Old 03-26-2011, 04:22 PM

something else that's frustrating to me is when I see people who clearly can't take of their kids properly, mistreat them, etc, and yet have one after the other, then there's me, outgoing, energetic, a nurturer, reasonebly good-looking, etc and I can't even get a bf much less a baby!

Old 03-26-2011, 04:25 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,480,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
OK, got it. You don't want children and have responded thus to the thread. The repetitive editorializing is tedious in the extreme.
Way to miss the point. Me not wanting kids was just a small sentence in that post. The point of the post is how people should wait until they can support themselves before they have kids (if they want kids), yet a lot of people don't understand this so they have a baby before they can support themselves.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:30 PM

I don't purposefully seek these types of men. I don't do one-night stands or casual sex, etc. I'm talking about guys that seem cool in the beginning and seem attracted to me, but eventually he'll ask if I wants kids, I say yes, because why lie about it? then that's when they say they don't or have had a v.
If I sense the guy is a jerk or just looking for a good time, then I bolt. I don't know how to determine they don't kids with me specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Could it be they want kids but not with you? Are they hoping for a NSA relationship because they already have a girlfriend? Could they be secretly married and hoping for a one-night stand... if you met a lot of guys and they don't want kids, chances are they are just looking to cheat on their spouse but not let you know that information because there aren't that many guys with that point of view... perhaps, they are too old... after a certain age, I wouldn't want to have kids.... I don't want a have kid to still be home when I retire!! Maybe they think they are so good-looking they are trying to sleep with as many girls as possible and don't want to be tied down... is that the kind of guy you been hunting?

Old 03-26-2011, 04:31 PM

sorry for the spelling mistakes! I'm typing fast!

Old 03-26-2011, 04:31 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,403,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I've never had a sexual relationship, but I've had a relationship.

And I have knowledge of what it's like to be a parent from watching my parents raise me. Like I said on a previous post, it's just a matter of preference. Some people want kids. Some don't.

What's wrong with knowing at a young age that you don't want kids? It's better I realize now before it's too late. That's better than having kids THEN realizing you don't want them.
That's a really big claim right there. I doubt it, really. I watch 5 (3 nieces and 2 nephews) kids and volunteer at places that deals with kids, and I still don't know what it means to be a parent. Let me tell you, my nieces and my nephews drive me crazy (sometimes), but I still try my best as an aunt to love them and understand their parents. I do the basic things that a parent would do (love, care, feed, play, change dipers, communicate, etc) and I still have trouble knowing what it means to be a parent. Of course, I just think I don't have enough commitment. That's probably my issue, ahaha.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:32 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,762,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Way to miss the point. Me not wanting kids was just a small sentence in that post. The point of the post is how people should wait until they can support themselves before they have kids (if they want kids), yet a lot of people don't understand this so they have a baby before they can support themselves.
Editorializing is the point. You seem obsessed with making points which all adults are aware of and DO understand very well but which to you are some sort of epiphany meritous of repetition.. A budding Socrates you are not, you funny little fellow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships