Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 09:39 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,475,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Yes, so the kids will be popular.

Culkin became popular with Home Alone.
Good point.

But celebrities' jobs keep them so busy I don't think they should have kids.

How do they have the time to be a parent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Just think...when a celebrity's kid goes to school, the classmates will know him/her as "the celebrity's son/daughter"

How can you have a normal life when you go through life with that label from a young age?
Most celebrities' children go to school with other celebrities' children.

Quote:
Good point.

But celebrities' jobs keep them so busy I don't think they should have kids.

How do they have the time to be a parent?
Despite your uneducated opinion, most manage to parent as successfully as those parents who don't have celebrity status. I guess if your knowledge on the subject is derived from tabloids which regularly chronicle the misadventures of SOME celebrity children you can be forgiven for having reached such a conclusion.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Most celebrities' children go to school with other celebrities' children.
If they can afford such a private school like that. Some celebrities are famous but not rich.

Quote:
Despite your uneducated opinion, most manage to parent as successfully as those parents who don't have celebrity status. I guess if your knowledge on the subject is derived from tabloids which regularly chronicle the misadventures of SOME celebrity children you can be forgiven for having reached such a conclusion.
All I'm saying is if I was on the road 300 days a year, it would be hard for me to be a parent. Hell, it would be hard enough for me to be a parent as it is.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:00 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Quote:
Hell, it would be hard enough for me to be a parent as it is.
Especially with the lack of sexual intercourse...

Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 AM

I know someone that used to go to the same school as Erik per Sullivan (Dewey on Malcolm in the Middle). Not all celebrity children go to a special school for celebrity children.

Erik per Sullivan's parents also own a Mexican restaurant that I've been to (good food).

Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,878,840 times
IMO its a choice we make as individuals whether or not to have kids or not. But to rule out the possibility at 19 is not a very open minded stance.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
All I'm saying is if I was on the road 300 days a year, it would be hard for me to be a parent. Hell, it would be hard enough for me to be a parent as it is.
It's highly unlikely that you will ever reach celebrity status. You obviously have no concept of what hours celebrities work in any sphere. You have already decided not to either marry, have sex or children so what's your point? Your uneducated opinion is irrelevant.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:45 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Lately it seems that I've met a few guys that unfortunately (for me) have had vasectomies.
My question is, are there any guys left out there that still want kids? (and get married?)
Yes!

I only wish I could have more, but I'm getting on in years. My wife made us wait far too long to have a child.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
It's highly unlikely that you will ever reach celebrity status. You obviously have no concept of what hours celebrities work in any sphere. You have already decided not to either marry, have sex or children so what's your point? Your uneducated opinion is irrelevant.
Actually, I've heard a celebrity say on an interview he had to leave his band because he became a father and he couldn't be a father if he was on the road touring 300 days a year.

And I've heard bands say they spend 12 hours a day in the studio when they're recording.

And a lot of celebrities say they miss their family, friends, and being home.

I may not be a real celebrity, but I'm a city data celebrity. And you never know what the future holds. Don't write off the possibility of me being a celebrity someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
IMO its a choice we make as individuals whether or not to have kids or not. But to rule out the possibility at 19 is not a very open minded stance.
I've been ruling out the possibility since I was 14. And I think the closed minded people are the people who can't accept the fact that a young person made a decision and they tell said young person he should/will change his mind.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I may not be a real celebrity, but I'm a city data celebrity.
For once I'm speechless and for once, even though I never use acronyms, I'm ROFL!!!! Twerps and twits abound today on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships