Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:30 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It takes less than a split second to flick the switch to turn the light on.

Proper when you live by yourself.
But when you've been sleeping in the dark for a few hours..sudden bright light hurts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 01:35 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
lol toilet seats

1) what kind of toilet sprays the contents of its bowl when you flush? a jet-engine toilet? The public ones at my college do (well, some do) but otherwise that has never happened to me.

2) I personally do lower the seat when I remember to, as well as the lid.

3) That said, why do you not look before you leap? Every time I go take care of business that involves sitting, I check to make sure the lid is up and seat is down. What buffoon doesn't do that?

Old 04-11-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
But when you've been sleeping in the dark for a few hours..sudden bright light hurts!
more than falling into the toilet bowl?

I've never had a toilet directly next to my bedroom, so if I ever do have to **** in the middle of the night, my eyes are somewhat adjusted to the moonlight by the time I get to the bathroom. Alternatively, one can just close their eyes when the light is turned on, then open them.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
lol toilet seats

1) what kind of toilet sprays the contents of its bowl when you flush? a jet-engine toilet? The public ones at my college do (well, some do) but otherwise that has never happened to me.

2) I personally do lower the seat when I remember to, as well as the lid.

3) That said, why do you not look before you leap? Every time I go take care of business that involves sitting, I check to make sure the lid is up and seat is down. What buffoon doesn't do that?
it doesn't spray water out of the toilet bowl. It sprays microscopic pieces of whatever you just flushed.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
more than falling into the toilet bowl?

I've never had a toilet directly next to my bedroom, so if I ever do have to **** in the middle of the night, my eyes are somewhat adjusted to the moonlight by the time I get to the bathroom. Alternatively, one can just close their eyes when the light is turned on, then open them.
LOL!!! You know sometimes I do just keep my eyes close until it stops hurting..but by then I'm done and I go back to my dark room to sleep.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
it doesn't spray water out of the toilet bowl. It sprays microscopic pieces of whatever you just flushed.
meh, as long as it doesn't leave my bathroom smelling like that I can't say I care. Your keyboard is nastier, and if you use public transportation, well...

Old 04-11-2011, 02:11 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
It can hurt the eyes for a few seconds and that's it. What I do is turn the light on from the hallway, walk in closet, the one above the sink, whatever you have near your bathroom at least to see something while using the toilet and it won't hit your eyes directly.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
Leaving the toilet seat up is gross because when guys pee all over the rim, the whole world can see the yellow stains of your sin. If you have a cat that likes to drink toilet water, they will put their paws in your urine stains and use their paws to clean their face. That's why the toilet seat must be down. It's not a 50/50 situation ... it is a health hazard. Also if you force a woman to touch a dirty toilet rim before they use the toilet, then you are forcing them to touch your pee and then wipe their butt with the hand that touched your pee. Gross! Whereas if you are lifting the toilet rim before you pee you are just touching your own pee. And yes... guys do pee on the rim... don't deny it.

The other points I think are fair or can really go both ways in a relationship...

Old 04-11-2011, 04:28 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Are there women rules?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
1. Have you ever sat down on a toilet seat that was up ? Seriously, I want you to remove your boxers, shut the light off in the bathroom and sit down and IN the cold porclean of the toilet. Now after that..try to get out of the porclean bowl....
I just want to say, that I'm a male frog, and I've done this before.

In the middle of a night, sometimes a frog just has to go, so I fast hopped to my bathroom, but didn't want to turn on the lights since it would drive my eyes insane, so I just dropped my...Frog pants...and dropped on the porcelain. My arse was fine, but my fun parts clang against the toilet, and for a good 10 minutes there was no action, only crouching and tears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships