Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 01:59 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,276 times

Advertisements

Mir, there will come a time when you cant talk to your dad anymore and talks forever will sound pretty good. Sigh, I hate condescending as much as the next guy and I cant figure out what to say next. I guess I can only speak what I think which may or may not be right but four years is too long. Way too long considering life doesn't give any replays. I'm once again caught without the right words.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:53 AM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You could lock up all of Hollyweird's best comedy writers in a room all hopped up on Seattle's best, and they still couldn't write the comedy of errors that was this weekend visiting my Dad.

My dad isn't a bad guy, he just drives me nuts.....

He is probably one of the lamest guys in the world when it comes to technology. Point being, we get in his car to go out for breakfast, he can't figure out how to work his own stereo in his car, He's trying to switch the CD player to the radio. We're driving along,he's looking down, we're weaving in and out of traffic. He manages to pull over and somehow figures out how to get the radio playing. Well that challenge taxed him to the point of deciding that the music that was on was good enough.

Justin Bieber sugary pop crappola blasted to the point we have to scream at each other, I finally asked him to turn it down a little. While were driving along, he's kind of hogging the lane meanwhile he's hurling insults at all of the "bad" drivers on the road. At this point I look down to see if his car has passenger side air bags, trying to calculate the damage I may avoid if we happen to get into a wreck.

So we're going along listening to pop hits r us, He proceeds to fire up a cig in his "non-smoking" car. Great, so I'm choking and tasting his cigarette smoke, he then kindly rolls the back window down a couple of inches, well, this creates a nice venturi effect of smoke twirling my head.

We manage to get where we going and while going thru the parking lot, he takes a turn down a lane, that clearly didn't have any way to get out, well of course he drives right to the end, we then had to do an Austin Powers move backing up and pulling forward fifty friggin times, hoping that he doesn't destroy any other vehicles in the process.

We made it through that, then the next fisaco was him almost hitting a curb while making a right turn, of course this is followed up with a good dose cursing and fist waving.

So....... I got so many more, I'm gonna have to start to cherry pick, for fear I may lose the readers at this point.

I went back to the hotel for a while with explicit instrucitions from my Dad to be back at the house around 6:30 for dinner. It gets much better at this point. I walk in the front door greeted with the sound of the tv blasting at 90 decibels.... I call out a couple of times, to no answer, so I head off to use the restroom, well out of the corner of my eye I see my step mom's naked body as she crossed the other hallway. She didn't see me and I quickly darted into the restroom.

So I'm standing in the bathroom on the verge of panicking I decided to use a lifeline and call Mrs. Chow. After the laughter subsided..... she suggest that I open the door and call out again, as if to let her know that I'm there. I lucked out cause I heard her answer me from her bedroom.

Whew, dodged an awkward as ass situation.

I've got a few more, but I'm starting to get a little windy with this long post.

I once read that if you think your an enlightened person, try spending the weekend with your family.

Truer words have never been uttered.......
Bump

Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,276 times
lol @ chow. Sorry, you have suffered mightily, but think of what you have gained. You were a good son. You can now pull that 2007 napa zinfandel out of the closet and sip in good spirits knowing that.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:47 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Have you taken a peek at the P&C sticky on the topic? People just can't celebrate this victory and leave the political spin for another day.
I agree. I'm freaking thrilled! I don't care if it's getting close to elections, I don't care that it was announced on the day the market is completely plummeted, I hated Bin Laden and so happy to see him dead.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:28 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times

YouTube - The Attack of the Jumping Asian Carp - Reel Shot TV

Old 05-02-2011, 07:46 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
I'm going to ground zero at noon

Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
No bumping your own posts, Chow.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:00 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm going to ground zero at noon
Good man.

I am needing to find a FDNY sticker for my helmet.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
As a break from his recently got off easy I have to say my daughter is coming home to visit. A man couldn't hope to have a better daughter and I'm really stoked to see her. Color me happy.
Yay Crab! Good for you! Glad to hear you'll be seeing your daughter. Enjoy the visit. How many kids do you have?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Gusty winds on Saturday did this to one of our maple trees. It was one of the largest branches and split down almost to the ground.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships