Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 09:32 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'd get fired from my job if I smoked it. They drug test operators frequently, so I wouldn't be able to work for more than a week before getting tested and fired.
Yeah, that applies vacuum.

...one of many reasons I've worked for myself most of my life.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:42 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
a couple of yrs ago, I had a work place accident. I routinely work on construction sites as part of my job, its part office and part construction sites. Anyways, I was coming down from a roof, with the ladder that is attachted to the side of the bldg, its hard to explain, its just a service ladder attached to the bldg, anyways as I was coming down the ladder I slipped and missed the rung with my hand. I was up about 20 feet, I happend to fall straight down, if I had fell back I would be f ing dead, or at least paralyzed. I luckily was able to somehow grab back onto the ladder, I only sprained the hell out of my ankle and broke the tip of my finger amongst various other bruising.

The point is that I was drug tested, if I had failed I might have been fired and my medical costs wouldn't have been paid.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
a couple of yrs ago, I had a work place accident. I routinely work on construction sites as part of my job, its part office and part construction sites. Anyways, I was coming down from a roof, with the ladder that is attachted to the side of the bldg, its hard to explain, its just a service ladder attached to the bldg, anyways as I was coming down the ladder I slipped and missed the rung with my hand. I was up about 20 feet, I happend to fall straight down, if I had fell back I would be f ing dead, or at least paralyzed. I luckily was able to somehow grab back onto the ladder, I only sprained the hell out of my ankle and broke the tip of my finger amongst various other bruising.

The point is that I was drug tested, if I had failed I might have been fired and my medical costs wouldn't have been paid.
Understood. Of course, in that work environment you wouldn't / shouldn't be toking up beforehand - save it for Friday and Saturday night. Admittedly, though, the one bad thing about smoking is that it will show up on the test for a month.

We all make sacrifices and judgement calls. I think you'd be right in not partaking with a job like yours. I also just think it's sad, because the herb offers many insights and realizations...someday, hopefully soon, this country will assemble its fecal matter and legalize it across the board.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:55 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Understood. Of course, in that work environment you wouldn't / shouldn't be toking up beforehand - save it for Friday and Saturday night. Admittedly, though, the one bad thing about smoking is that it will show up on the test for a month.

We all make sacrifices and judgement calls. I think you'd be right in not partaking with a job like yours. I also just think it's sad, because the herb offers many insights and realizations...someday, hopefully soon, this country will assemble its fecal matter and legalize it across the board.
Its really quite silly that MJ isn't legal... I'm mean alcohol, which is a pretty bad drug, at least for some, its legal, but a little pot isn't.... IDK, I don't buy into it being a gateway drug.

If you use that logic then booze is a gateway drug...... Hell I've tried every drug known to man, but I only stick with the booze...... but to each his own........

Old 05-22-2011, 10:12 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I know the rollercoaster talk is over but I meant to add this.

I have done this ride, and it was a BLAST! I believe they pull you up 189 feet in the air.

YouTube - ‪Worlds of fun - rip cord‬‏
I did this one dogwalker, years ago! I can still hear the sounds of my own screaming. It was lots of fun though!

Old 05-22-2011, 10:13 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Yeah, that applies vacuum.

...one of many reasons I've worked for myself most of my life.
If they started testing my place of employment, 85% of the company would be fired.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Haha...where did it go?
I dunno. I threw the bag outside and its still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You could say that same about some CD members........

Hey!

Quote:
Whotta night! One of the dancers who I've been platonic friends with for years decided to "dance" with me - at a "bad" time.

See, I have a theory - guys have rises and falls, like the tides. Well, my friend caught me at high tide while we were dancing.

...thank Buddha the song was six minutes long!

This, after my ladyfriend and I spent several hours at the flea market today, pawing over each others treasures...

Old men shouldn't HAVE this much fun! Especially monks!

I'm glad the Rapture was a bust.
There's so many things wrong with this post....

Old 05-23-2011, 04:39 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I did this one dogwalker, years ago! I can still hear the sounds of my own screaming. It was lots of fun though!
I don`t believe that I would want to be standing directly underneath it like the guy in the red shirt.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:17 AM

The coming week's weather forecast - thundershowers every day.

It could be worse - watching The Weather Channel and seeing what's going on in the rest of the country, especially with the floods and tornadoes.

My perception lately is that the weather is going nuts...

Old 05-23-2011, 06:19 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
If they started testing my place of employment, 85% of the company would be fired.
I was never a clock watcher at work, in fact far from it, but I was leaving for a trip to Jamaica, it was around Christmas, and couldn't wait until that clock hit five and when it did I came flying out of my office with silver garland around my neck and on my head yelling, "EVERYBODY LIMBO!!!" At that exact same moment they were letting out a Regional District Manager's Meeting on what else? "How to Identify Drug Use In the Workplace" and the sales manager started laughing and so did my boss and one of them said, "And there goes exhibit A."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships