Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
and then he will label you desperate.

You should ignore him too LOL
You're right, that'll bring him right back. Some guys are so weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 05:42 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,860,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
So don't call him(even though he wants me to call him)? What if he thinks I'm ignoring him and ignores me after class again?
Honestly if I really felt someone was ignoring me, I wouldn't call. When you see him again be friendly and see how it goes, what he says, how he acts.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:43 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,312,552 times
Quote:
He was sort of flirting, but I really didn't hear all that much. I wasn't that close, just pretending to do some school work. Then I left because it was clear he was not ending the conversation. This is a guy that gave me his phone number. He initiated that. I gave him mine after that. We do flirt sometimes and hang out after class. He also got that started. I feel he ignored me, but if I call him I don't want to act like it bothered me and like I'm desperate for his attention. It just kinda hurt my feelings a little.
He is a PLAYA! Lots of guys give girls phone # just to test out the waters and see if she is datable. Some girls move faster (i.e. put out) than others, what can I say? I've had tons of people give me their numbers and say "we should hang out and have dinner!" but I never act on it because I can sense the player behavior. I doubt you are really missing out on much. You should definitely broaden your horizons, do some playing of your own (not necessarily sexually, but don't fixate on this one guy).

Old 04-20-2011, 05:43 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:
Well what I'm wondering is if I don't call him and show interest in him, he's not going to show any in me in return and he could be interested in another girl too(which doesn't make him a player). So I lose.
So then, make a call. Relieve all of this "pressure" and "worry" and find out for yourself! I wish you luck!

Old 04-20-2011, 05:46 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,077 times
Quote:
This semester I became friendly with this guy from class. We sometimes talk or hang out after class. A couple of days ago we exchanged phone numbers. But yesterday in class he didn't say much to me except "see ya" as I waved goodbye to him and after class he started talking to somebody on the phone(99% sure it was a girl). So I waited for a bit hoping he would end the conversation, but he didn't. He sometimes hot and sometimes cold. I feel this time he ignored me. Now I'm not even sure if I should call him. Am I wrong to feel this way?
Let me ask you a question.

Lets say you were busy, on the phone with your mom and she told you a family had just died. You look over and that guy you sorta like and you said "see ya" earlier in class is staring at you. You continue talking to your mom, and occasionally glance over there and he's still standing there, staring. Now you're on the phone saying "this weirdo stalker I barely know is just standing there, staring mom what should I do?" Try ignoring him, hunny and leave!

But that's not what you were doing, right? OMG he has it all wrong..i better call him, huh?

See we can assume anything with a little effort.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:53 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Well what I'm wondering is if I don't call him and show interest in him, he's not going to show any in me in return and he could be interested in another girl too(which doesn't make him a player). So I lose.
That is what guys have to go through all the time and sometimes they end up going out with the girl and other times they just don't. That's life. Those that don't take risks in life don't achieve much.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:56 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,077 times
It is truly amazing how people get on here and ask total strangers to try and figure out what other people are thinking. They tell their side of it, always leaving out tons of details and then online clarvoyants happily tell them exactly what's going on. It's so wonderful I could cry.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:01 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
It is truly amazing how people get on here and ask total strangers to try and figure out what other people are thinking. They tell their side of it, always leaving out tons of details and then online clarvoyants happily tell them exactly what's going on. It's so wonderful I could cry.
HAHA! Welcome to public forums!

Old 04-20-2011, 07:36 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,446 times
I think it is simple he isnt that into you

Old 04-20-2011, 08:04 PM

550 posts, read 984,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Let me ask you a question.

Lets say you were busy, on the phone with your mom and she told you a family had just died. You look over and that guy you sorta like and you said "see ya" earlier in class is staring at you. You continue talking to your mom, and occasionally glance over there and he's still standing there, staring. Now you're on the phone saying "this weirdo stalker I barely know is just standing there, staring mom what should I do?" Try ignoring him, hunny and leave!

But that's not what you were doing, right? OMG he has it all wrong..i better call him, huh?

See we can assume anything with a little effort.
LOL How am I a stalker? It's not like I was standing there watching and listening to him. I'm not desperate or pathetic enough to want to listen to his conversion. I was finishing up some stuff I was working on and waiting for the professor to get back from his office with some stuff for us. So I thought we would do what we always do and get together for a bit after class, but I had no choice other than sit there and deal with him ignoring me and talking to someone else on the phone. I told you the story from both sides as far as I know. That we usually talk after class or go hang out in the library or cafe and he just kind of blew me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships