Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:14 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times

Advertisements

How about you just live life and make friends that are female and see what happens? I would not suggest to bother with any girl that would leave a current guy for you. If she would do that to them, she would do that to you. Females that have self respect also don't lie and say they are single because there is fresh meat around either. Dating people like that is just asking for a big bag of drama that makes single life look like heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Here's the truth. For many attractive women, if you ask them on a date their answer will be...

"Sorry I'm already seeing someone" -- That means you're not handsome & charming enough for them.

"Oh no, I'm not seeing anyone" -- That means you are handsome and charming enough.

So take a look at yourself HONESTLY. Are you batting out of your league? If so you need to stay in your league or step up your game.
This.

Also, if you are described as "nice" and/or "funny" the window was never open.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:26 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
You guys are SAD.

There are PLENTY of single women in their 20's out there.

-Note: ALL OF US outside of high school have some baggage. You just need to avoid the train wrecks.

The Key:
1. Don't CARE so much.

-I've actually asked a chick out at McDonalds. (Cute little Asian) She laughed at me, said no, and I never saw her again... no big deal.

WOMEN CAN SENSE DESPERATION!
So eliminate it. When you don't GAF... they are attracted. (But don't be an A**hole about it)

2. 'Shotgunstyle':

Ask more, and you increase your odds, play the averages.

I'm nothing special, got the 'Marine Look' and the Motorcycles going for me to average out my 'being a nice guy' but that's about it.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:32 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
This.

Also, if you are described as "nice" and/or "funny" the window was never open.
Not true. I consider those points to be a prerequisite. But I also am not the type of ho to lie and say I have a boyfriend or leave the current for a new one. You all need to stop chasing crazy skirts and look for some quality ones.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:50 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Here's the truth. For many attractive women, if you ask them on a date their answer will be...

"Sorry I'm already seeing someone" -- That means you're not handsome & charming enough for them.

"Oh no, I'm not seeing anyone" -- That means you are handsome and charming enough.

So take a look at yourself HONESTLY. Are you batting out of your league? If so you need to stay in your league or step up your game.
Better idea. Don't bother with girls who would lie and say they're seeing someone when they're not. They're not worth the effort.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Not true. I consider those points to be a prerequisite. But I also am not the type of ho to lie and say I have a boyfriend or leave the current for a new one. You all need to stop chasing crazy skirts and look for some quality ones.
From my personal experience being called "nice" or "funny" is akin to being a "great guy". All compliments I have heard many times yet women just are not in to me. I will, however, admit my bias to said comments. In addition to women in general I have heard those exact words from the three women I have been attracted to the most in my lifetime. In my mind they are synonymous with "you're not good enough". Just my experience though. Can't speak for everyone. My comments were meant to be more of a sarcastic quip.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
Every girl I ask out says she is seeing someone or has a boyfriend and so that I'm now kind of losing faith. Granted, this past year I've only asked out 2 girls - but by judging this sample group I'm feeling a bit despondent.

I know girls sometimes say this when they're not interested in you, but how can you tell? These girls were extremely nice with me, willing to hang out and stuff, but then telling me that they're 'seeing someone'. I feel like everyone is taken, and I don't know where to find single girls...
Where are you looking? There are plenty of single girls in their 20's (w/ no kids) out there. I used to see them all the time at college. In fact, I am one.

2 people doesn't qualify as a sample group...try asking out many more people. Good luck!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:50 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
Every girl I ask out says she is seeing someone or has a boyfriend and so that I'm now kind of losing faith. Granted, this past year I've only asked out 2 girls - but by judging this sample group I'm feeling a bit despondent.

I know girls sometimes say this when they're not interested in you, but how can you tell? These girls were extremely nice with me, willing to hang out and stuff, but then telling me that they're 'seeing someone'. I feel like everyone is taken, and I don't know where to find single girls...
Yes they do exist and out of the realm of "girls". You're going to have to find yourself a woman.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:28 PM

115 posts, read 355,266 times
I just don't get it though. I've been asking out girls who I feel are more substantive and interesting and maybe not so much 'hotties' in the truest sense of that word, and am getting snubbed with the 'I have a boyfriend' line.

I've had really hot girls flirt with me in the past, trying to get me to ask them out and such, but I just wasn't interested because I'm looking for personality compatibility not just a **** partner, and these girls weren't that. I know for a fact that girls find me handsome, but still I can't seem to get any girl that I want to go out with, to actually agree with it (well they do agree to hang out, but they mention the BF when they do).

I see so many more ugly guys getting the good girls, when they don't even seem to have the gleaning personalities to attract them, yet for some reason, they score...meanwhile a good-looking, smart guy with a better job than most his age, and a bit unconventional in attitude and interests, cannot seem to get anything???

I might be handsome but I do admit to not being very 'normal' as I'm a high-risk kind of a guy, so maybe that scares away the girls??? Do I need to change my personality and act like a typical bore to get the girls? Just play dumb and act like I want the American Dream???

Do girls not appreciate "Weird" guys? Not creepy but weird.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:34 PM

21 posts, read 56,310 times
I was never really single until now. It is really hard to find single people once you are out of school. You just have to look harder cause I have tons of friends that are single. I don't know if it's because we're all single that we hang out together or what. And we always complain that we can't find a decent, single guy..lol

BTW...have you considered maybe it's your personality that they don't like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships