Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
It also left out one piece of info: The guy you described that's single, he may not want a relationship; ever think of it like that? Women come with major drama/issues so a guy senses that and steers clear of the princessy, drama queens that think their crap don't stink. I happen to be one of those men that although I want a relationship, I'm not settling for less than what I'm willing to bring to the table
Well one thing I find with American women is they want to be the center of attention all the time and if they are not, even if it takes negative attention to do, they'll do what it takes to keep drama going. Most of em are pretty loud and they just suck all the air out of the room.

There are some nice gals out there, but too many of these royal b drama queens to shake a stick out, so beware, beware, beware.

I mean you have to ask yourself, do you want someone demanding answers for your every move, everything that you do and having to "compromise" just because they say so?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:54 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well one thing I find with American women is they want to be the center of attention all the time and if they are not, even if it takes negative attention to do, they'll do what it takes to keep drama going. Most of em are pretty loud and they just suck all the air out of the room.

There are some nice gals out there, but too many of these royal b drama queens to shake a stick out, so beware, beware, beware.

I mean you have to ask yourself, do you want someone demanding answers for your every move, everything that you do and having to "compromise" just because they say so?
See I don't know which is better. Russian women are like American women. But a bit more sinister. You see, they make the man feel like they are the center of the world and then they bran wash him. To make him do things a normal sane man would not. I don't know which is better. Neither is a good option but both are fun for just sex.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Uggh. This is kind of a shame for you, IMO. Money is certainly important....but once you have your basic needs met and have savings/investments, intimate relationships are actually important for health and wel being. Sure there are people who are exceptions to this, but not many.

The irony is that men are the ones more resistant to being in relationships but generally men's happiness goes up in marriage more than women's happiness does.
So they say and I believed that when I was 20 but in real world life, no I think it's a total myth.

I known plenty of married men and almost to a tee they are either P-whipped or are unhappy. And the women are either battle axes, leeches or control freaks.

I can't think of many married people that are really that happy and stats bear me out with at least half of first marriages ending in divorce and an even worse figure for 2nd marriages. Those are startling statistics.

I'm not against marriage, someone has to have kids and raise them, but my philosophy is CHOOSE WELL or not at all.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
That's exactly what I thought. A sense of financial security makes up a big percentage of my sense of happiness these days. I'm much less stressed and by proxy I feel more likely to live my life they way I would if life wasn't in it of itself an object. Having a legal relationship that by its very definition opens the window to an economic hardship in my life, causes stress in my life and makes me jittery and unhappy.

I'm not afraid of commitment, I'm just afraid of getting robbed blind, like someone would in a dark corner of the street. Companionship is not worth my sense of financial security. I also despise the concept of "implicit remuneration in companionship". I know this is how generations of women make it to old age, I just don't subscribe to it. To each their own.
I can think of 2 good friends of mine, 1 now deceased unfortunately(stress I am sure didn't help), that pretty much lost everything and had their wife clean them out. My one friend that died this year, he came home one night and discovered his wife had emptied every account in their personal and business accounts. He had a good lifestyle and successful businesses. With no cash to pay bills and things like payroll, everything collapsed before the situation could get righted and the courts pretty much gave her a free pass.

I also know of men that age that ended up sleeping in a car, because after alimony, child support and taxes they had nothing to live on.

Some of these states still have archaic laws that after 10 years, men have to pay alimony for a lifetime unless the woman remarries, which it's unlikely under those circumstances she will do so. Can you imagine that, cutting a check to some old witch for 50 years?

Like I said choose well and with laws out there that punish men, I would be careful about marriage unless you want to live a life of financial servitude.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Cliche Much?

What about the women who didn't clean, but who instead sat around on the couch...

What about the women who cheat on their husbands?

What about the women who abandon their kids?

Etc.

Sorry, not buying it ETHER WAY!
How many women these days know how to cook and actually clean and are not pigs? Not many. Just about every woman I have ever known has a house with a pigsty bathroom and closets that look like they have exploded outwards with 200 pairs of shoes and other crap they never wear. Cooking today for most women is throwing frozen crap in an oven and setting the oven to 350.

How many women cheat? Well from being on the road for business, I'd say married women are the easiest to get into bed of all.

How many abandon their kids? Too many to count.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:45 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
How many women these days know how to cook and actually clean and are not pigs? Not many. Just about every woman I have ever known has a house with a pigsty bathroom and closets that look like they have exploded outwards with 200 pairs of shoes and other crap they never wear. Cooking today for most women is throwing frozen crap in an oven and setting the oven to 350.

How many women cheat? Well from being on the road for business, I'd say married women are the easiest to get into bed of all.

How many abandon their kids? Too many to count.

LOL, I actually somewhat HIDE the fact, or the degree that I cook!

Apparently it's odd to do simple things such as cook cornbread from scratch, to say nothing of my 'home cooking'

(And I do hide that I can sew... LOL!)

Old 05-25-2011, 04:46 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Apparently it's odd to do simple things such as cook cornbread from scratch, to say nothing of my 'home cooking'
Since you mentioned cornbread from scratch, are you familiar with the Russian "bran washing" routine which the following poster describes? Would the bran be cooked or raw, how would it be applied and what additive (if any) would produce the effect of making a man do things he normally wouldn't do if sane? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
See I don't know which is better. Russian women are like American women. But a bit more sinister. You see, they make the man feel like they are the center of the world and then they bran wash him. To make him do things a normal sane man would not. I don't know which is better. Neither is a good option but both are fun for just sex.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:31 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Since you mentioned cornbread from scratch, are you familiar with the Russian "bran washing" routine which the following poster describes? Would the bran be cooked or raw, how would it be applied and what additive (if any) would produce the effect of making a man do things he normally wouldn't do if sane? Just curious.
I forgot to do a spell check. Brain wash. That is the word, no need to be a picky fairy.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:21 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
I forgot to do a spell check. Brain wash. That is the word, no need to be a picky fairy.
My oh my, does a little levity rub you the wrong way? My apologies, I'll try and curb my humorous tendencies. A "picky fairy"? It's been many a year since I considered myself a sprite!

Old 05-25-2011, 06:35 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I just throw my clothes in the washing machine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships