Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:38 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelair24 View Post
I did note t I was interested in her right? lol
Yes, you did. But my question is: what, exactly, do you want to tell her? What do you want her to know? Do you just want her to know that you have an interest in her, or is there something more?

The first step is to be sure you know what you want to tell her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
Quote:
I did note t I was interested in her right? lol

Ya sorry to the rest of you no offense intended I'm sure you all look beautiful for your age.

And the older ladies I was referring to mid to late 30s cause those are the ones that hit on me.
Well, if you are going to talk to her you need to find things in common first. For me in the past it was easy as I always had a book with me, talk about favorite authors and books, and important this was one of my real interests. You want to watch and learn and not be a stalker. You could simply ask her out for a cup of coffee, this has been a standard for decades of showing interest without commitment from either party. The meeting then is not about the coffee but to learn a little about each other and to tease. Do not lie about your self, you want to show her you are interested in her.

Here is the one flaw I see in your way. As you already said you have women in their late 30's hitting on you, these women are called cougars.
Women in their early 20's date older men because they can, older men have more to offer young women. Money, stable homes, nice cars, well experienced in making love.
Older women date young men because they can, these women can offer young men things they do not have. Homes, cars, money, experienced sex.

Your young lady of interest is 26, she is constantly asked out each day by men of all ages. You have to be calm and assured and be interesting.

One thing I learned thru the decades. Say you are a man of type A, attracted to and trying to date type B women. Date after date but nothing happens. It takes a thought to realize type A women are offering but my blinders are on. The 20's are the time to learn and polish, do not marry till at least in your 30's.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:14 PM

8 posts, read 7,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
grow a pair, when i was 20/21, i was routinely goin out with women in their 30s and the oldest was even 42. c'mon now...

and 26 is not even all that old...
Yeah well this is why i made this thread like how did you manage to go out with them like let m know some of that good info. Lol

How did you talk to them like I don't have the world to offer them I'm young still.

@Kshe95girl No Biggie man enjoy the wealth. Lol

@ Johnny ya like I wanna date her how could I do that and I don't see her much but ya she can be moody at.times so its hard. lol

Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 PM

8 posts, read 7,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Well, if you are going to talk to her you need to find things in common first. For me in the past it was easy as I always had a book with me, talk about favorite authors and books, and important this was one of my real interests. You want to watch and learn and not be a stalker. You could simply ask her out for a cup of coffee, this has been a standard for decades of showing interest without commitment from either party. The meeting then is not about the coffee but to learn a little about each other and to tease. Do not lie about your self, you want to show her you are interested in her.

Here is the one flaw I see in your way. As you already said you have women in their late 30's hitting on you, these women are called cougars.
Women in their early 20's date older men because they can, older men have more to offer young women. Money, stable homes, nice cars, well experienced in making love.
Older women date young men because they can, these women can offer young men things they do not have. Homes, cars, money, experienced sex.

Your young lady of interest is 26, she is constantly asked out each day by men of all ages. You have to be calm and assured and be interesting.

One thing I learned thru the decades. Say you are a man of type A, attracted to and trying to date type B women. Date after date but nothing happens. It takes a thought to realize type A women are offering but my blinders are on. The 20's are the time to learn and polish, do not marry till at least in your 30's.
Wow thanks a lot!

All the info was extremely helpful and will be hopefully in the future too.

How do I make a move to a cougar? Cause there is so much they will say so how could I respond?

Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
Quote:
Wow thanks a lot!

All the info was extremely helpful and will be hopefully in the future too.

How do I make a move to a cougar? Cause there is so much they will say so how could I respond?
All you have to do is nod and breathe with a cougar. They love to take charge. Sometimes they will pass you around to their friends, but not often.

For the cougar it is much like older men and young girls, they are not interested in much conversation.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
No offense taken, OP, didnt mean to hijack your thread!
I did.

If one doesn't know how to take care of one's toys, one doesn't deserve to have any.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:01 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times
If you consider a five year age difference a big open trench to be overcome, maybe you really are too young to be looking at women five years older, lol. BTW, kshe you are looking better than a lot of women at 32; you must have good genes indeed.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:24 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,735 times
Quote:
Yeah well this is why i made this thread like how did you manage to go out with them like let m know some of that good info. Lol

How did you talk to them like I don't have the world to offer them I'm young still.
it was nothing really, you just be yourself and try to have a good time...

altho to be honest, why on earth would you be interested in the older chics? by the time i had hit 24 i was way over older women, now that i'm closing in on 28 i only want fresh, young meat

Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Older at 26? Tell them, their wish is your command.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:51 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
I know someone 5 years older then than I'm attracted to would appreciate any pointers and info on how I could let her know.

I'm 21 and seem to get hit on a lot by older ladies sometimes I don't know what to say and I'm kinda shy so that doesn't help much.
So you're in your 20s and you don't know how to talk to women in their 20s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships