Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

I was on a dating site recently and saw this woman who caught my eye when I was going through the profiles, She has a Vanessa Wiliams look, but darker hair and skin, and very curvy! Her dating range she had listed said 40-55 and she is 51. I'm 39 so I figured I'm close enough to that range. I typically date in the 30 to 40ish range, and usually make an exception when going up but not down in age.

My question is; Would most of you adjust the maximum or minimum age range of someone you would date on "Attraction" or some other quality. As an example if you are a 28 yo guy would you seriously date a 48 yo Vanessa Williams look alike if the typical woman you dated was 23-30?

And likewise if you are a woman same question. Whats your normal range? Would you adjust it down or up based on appeal for an older or younger guy? Or maybe you would absolutely not date down or up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 05:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And likewise if you are a woman same question. Whats your normal range? Would you adjust it down or up based on appeal for an older or younger guy? Or maybe you would absolutely not date down or up?
My ideal range is probably 26-33, but I'm not that strict about it. If I thought the guy was really ALL THAT, I would go as young as early 20s and as old as early 40s, but I can't really see stretching it beyond that.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:07 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
My age range or type wouldn't be set in stone. I would consider case by case exceptions.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:40 PM

328 posts, read 603,129 times
Of course. If I meet a woman in her 50's who still looks like she's in her 30's and attractive, why would I care about her age? Then again, actual relationships with someone that much older than myself are another thing.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:34 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Anyone of legal age is fair game, as far as I'm concerned (that includes also being interested in persons older than oneself, as well)

Old 06-03-2011, 10:36 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
I was on a dating site recently and saw this woman who caught my eye when I was going through the profiles, She has a Vanessa Wiliams look, but darker hair and skin, and very curvy! Her dating range she had listed said 40-55 and she is 51. I'm 39 so I figured I'm close enough to that range. I typically date in the 30 to 40ish range, and usually make an exception when going up but not down in age.

My question is; Would most of you adjust the maximum or minimum age range of someone you would date on "Attraction" or some other quality. As an example if you are a 28 yo guy would you seriously date a 48 yo Vanessa Williams look alike if the typical woman you dated was 23-30?

I think you should definitely go for the cute Vanessa lookalike LS Jaun!

Old 06-03-2011, 10:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:

If she is attractive then I won't worry about her age.

[BTW that is Vanessa Williams...]

Old 06-03-2011, 11:03 PM

494 posts, read 1,610,251 times
Nope, my age group is pretty set in stone when it comes to older women. I'm 23, and I'm willing to date a women as old as 26 and as young as 22. I may be willing to make exceptions to women under 22 depending on where they are at with college, but that's pretty much why the lower limit is so high.

Women in thier 30s and 40s just aren't attractive to me. Maybe when I get older I would think that they are, but for now, I got no interest in way older women.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:43 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
I'm attracted to older women if she's a MILF (let's say 30 and older).

I'm also attracted to a lot of people that are too young to be a MILF, but too old for me.

If you're more than a year older than me, you're too old for me.

While I may be attracted to some older women, I wouldn't date them.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:49 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
I'm not dating and haven't for years, but when I was dating I wouldn't hesitate to date older women. I would adjust my dating range up but not down. I rarely dated younger women because so many times they were simply a turn off to me. I must admit, however, I ended up marrying a woman eleven years my junior. I considered her an exceptional person then, and still do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships