Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 01:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
H4ll, At this point apparently I'm a bitter, non down to earth b;tch too.
Never said you were bitter or bytchy.......

Old 09-09-2012, 01:48 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
So a womans not down to earth because she puts up a shield? Ok. Also, I've got a pretty good resume myself--no need to bring it up or what I do. Doesn't make these women any better than me because they have chosen a certain profession and smiles all day everyday! Good for them. I am a woman in my mid 20's who looks to easily be 22 years old. I am assuming that because of this , I get approached quite often unless I am dressed to impress and somewhat fixed up--then guys don't approach so much. Who knows? I am only stating my experiences--facts.

On a day to day basis I don't wear makeup, I dont dress to the nines, and my hair is pulled back into a bun. Do I still get hit on like this? Of course, more often when I am dressed to the nines actually. Because I appear more approachable and relatable. Sometimes I just don't smile much or make eye contact if I know I have a lot to do that day or just simply don't want to be bothered.

I am a girl who enjoys being around people but sometimes I don't want to be approached. I have that right. It does not make me not down to earth. Good grief everything is not so black and white.
Chill for a minute baby girl. My comment wasn't directed at you but for some reason you took umbrage with it. I'm sure your resume is great. I'm sure that you can easily go for 22. That's not really a big deal and what I said has nothing to do with age. It has nothing to do with the clothing you choose to wear or if you have your hair in a bun. If you don't want to be approached, who am I to judge. That's your business boo.

However, I was giving examples so that people could see the various strands. Bc one would think that a swimsuit model that has been on various magazines covers is the one that should have her b*tch shield deployed; or the very feminine woman that wins body building comps and is on the cover of various health magazines for women; or ol' girl that who is a cheerleader for the professional football team in the city. But the weird thing is that they're very friendly and gracious and open. Not a knock again you my dear. Just stating facts.

There are woman that are very gracious nature. That's just who they are. And those women don't have the b*tch shield deployed bc of their nature. That doesn't make them right or wrong. It just makes them who they are.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Wtf does it have to be about 20 guys want to shag anyone? Who said that?? So a woman is not nice because she has her shield up a couple of days out of the week? That's the point, at that time a woman doesn't want to be approached for no other reason than not wanting to. Or perhaps she just had a passing in the family, or just found out a spouse cheated, or a sibling tried to commit suicide? Nothing about thinking the whole world wants her. Same reason a celebrity may wear a hat and shades. Sometimes you just want to get left alone. My gosh. I live in TN and people hardcore approach here. If I lived in NY, or LA, it would happen a lot less. But I don't. Gee wiz, stop making broad assumptions. Good grief.
You aren't serious right now. If you lived in LA or NYC you wouldn't get approached hardcore? Child please! Believe, if you were in NYC or LA it would be worse. Trust. And no one said a woman can't have her b*tch shield up. She can keep it up 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 30 days a month, 365 days a year if she wants to. It doesn't make her a bad person. It just means that some guys will bypass her and rightfully so.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:53 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Chill for a minute baby girl. My comment wasn't directed at you but for some reason you took umbrage with it. I'm sure your resume is great. I'm sure that you can easily go for 22. That's not really a big deal and what I said has nothing to do with age. It has nothing to do with the clothing you choose to wear or if you have your hair in a bun. If you don't want to be approached, who am I to judge. That's your business boo.

However, I was giving examples so that people could see the various strands. Bc one would think that a swimsuit model that has been on various magazines covers is the one that should have her b*tch shield deployed; or the very feminine woman that wins body building comps and is on the cover of various health magazines for women; or ol' girl that who is a cheerleader for the professional football team in the city. But the weird thing is that they're very friendly and gracious and open. Not a knock again you my dear. Just stating facts.

There are woman that are very gracious nature. That's just who they are. And those women don't have the b*tch shield deployed bc of their nature. That doesn't make them right or wrong. It just makes them who they are.
Ok.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, Ruth, I have read Jet's posts. They strain credulity, but I am not asserting she's making everything up.....in terms of what DollEyes says, I am truly sorry that she feels the way she does, but she is simply wrong.
Nope, not making anything up

I think I've just had ridiculously bad luck with men which does make me VERY cynical. Luckily I got to hang out with some of my good guy friends last night and they restore a little bit of hope. Not romantically of course, but just in general.

I do side with Doll Eyes a lot because of my experiences, and while I do think she can be a bit harsh I think we've shared a lot of the same observations.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't know if he is or not. You men on the internet must all hang out because you say the same type of unbelievable stuff.
Why is it so unbelievable? Open those big beautiful eyes of yours and maybe you'd see that some guys aren't about that bs. There's a whole world out there waiting to prove you wrong.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
You aren't serious right now. If you lived in LA or NYC you wouldn't get approached hardcore? Child please! Believe, if you were in NYC or LA it would be worse. Trust. And no one said a woman can't have her b*tch shield up. She can keep it up 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 30 days a month, 365 days a year if she wants to. It doesn't make her a bad person. It just means that some guys will bypass her and rightfully so.
Well atleast we agree on some things. Also, my triplet sister lives in Manhattan NY. I visit there often. From MY experience I am approached, but not as aggressively as TN because in NY and LA there are gorgeous women everywhere. No need for anyone to sweat me because guaranteed some other woman that they are equally attracted to is right across the street or better yet walking right behind me. The men there have just been more respectful and depending on the time of day are not walking the streets keeping an eye out for beautiful women, they are crossing the street to walk into the next big meeting. Here in TN when someone is outside downtown it is to hangout. Big difference.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Never said you were bitter or bytchy.......
I know, I know

Old 09-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
No need for anyone to sweat me because guaranteed some other woman that they are equally attracted to is right across the street or better yet walking right behind me.
True. This can be true for any woman in cities that are populated with a variety of beautiful women. That's why here in FL I'm not phased by a woman that has her shield up. Bc every time I walk the door there is another beautiful woman.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:12 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nope, not making anything up

I think I've just had ridiculously bad luck with men which does make me VERY cynical. Luckily I got to hang out with some of my good guy friends last night and they restore a little bit of hope. Not romantically of course, but just in general.

I do side with Doll Eyes a lot because of my experiences, and while I do think she can be a bit harsh I think we've shared a lot of the same observations.
they are really good at making a woman feel like garbage if she's not the kind of woman they think all of us should be.

I do not think you are lying about your work experiences either, given my own experiences. Personally, I don't see how you work around them day after day like that in a male 'centric' environment given how they tend to behave.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships