Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 02:22 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
she is simply wrong.
With all due respect to you guys, I seem to recall a thread we had about whether guys would go for women with more average or plain looks if they had a great personality, or if beauty would be the preference even if it came as a package deal with airheadedness or meanness, or something. And the general response was that a woman had to be attractive in order for a guy to be interested, meaning physical attraction had to happen, personality wasn't on the radar at all. Maybe it was a different batch of guys responding to that one than we have here today, idk....

Old 09-09-2012, 02:22 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Not being high horse... just noting...

Please, it's the only thing that keeps my sanity after reading all your incredible man hate.

It's the glue that holds it all together....

LOL

Whatever. My respect for men isn't growing any steadier after dealing with you two that's for sure.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:24 PM

14 posts, read 8,853 times
Talking Duh

Yes they do and from some of my prettier friends, it gets old very quick. Nothing wrong with getting approached, what woman doesn't want that, but to be seen so superficially all the time is exhausting.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
That comes off as harsh. You don't know an AS persons journey unless you yourself have AS. And even then you still don't, because there are different levels of it. I certainly didn't know she had AS-- and she is right, it does not make her brain dead either.

Ram Charger is one of the meanest guys on here, so I don't take anything seriously that he says about someone else being an 'as*' whatever. typical.

edit: back on the topic. the men did a thread 'ideal woman' in another forum and 95 percent of those women posted were nothing like what we see normal women looking like. they weren't plain janes or anything like that. they are so full of it.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:26 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
they are really good at making a woman feel like garbage if she's not the kind of woman they think all of us should be.

I do not think you are lying about your work experiences either, given my own experiences. Personally, I don't see how you work around them day after day like that in a male 'centric' environment given how they tend to behave.....
Spare me. I'm not making anyone feel like anything. If you feel like garbage, it's your own issue.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,027 times
Quote:
Ram Charger is one of the meanest guys on here, so I don't take anything seriously that he says about someone else being an 'as*' whatever. typical.
Im not familiar with Ram but, if this is true, good for you. I learned something new about you and it only teaches me not to be quick to judge. We can all be guilty of that at times.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Spare me. I'm not making anyone feel like anything. If you feel like garbage, it's your own issue.

I didn't say you were. I said men do that in general, read again.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Im not familiar with Ram but, if this is true, good for you. I learned something new about you and it only teaches me not to be quick to judge. We can all be guilty of that at times.

you have a lot of posts but you must not come on this forum a lot or maybe not in this section? I am guilty of everything.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
I have opened my eyes, that's how I seen what most of what these guys say on here is not even remotely how they act IRL. Every guy online is a prince in shining armor, yea right. What world? I live in the world just like you do. I'm not 14, I'm 32. Bottom line is: the only men I see saying the complete opposite of what I seen IRL are those that are online.
You haven't met me or anyone else here. How in the hell do you know what we act like in real life?

Old 09-09-2012, 02:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
With all due respect to you guys, I seem to recall a thread we had about whether guys would go for women with more average or plain looks if they had a great personality, or if beauty would be the preference even if it came as a package deal with airheadedness or meanness, or something. And the general response was that a woman had to be attractive in order for a guy to be interested, meaning physical attraction had to happen, personality wasn't on the radar at all. Maybe it was a different batch of guys responding to that one than we have here today, idk....
You can apply this same concept to women also. Kind of why I threw that thread out the window since I'm sure women threw a fit yet they are the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships