Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 05:24 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times

Advertisements

$110 the first time around and then like $50 or so on the second date. Both dates had happy endings, and then rejected for the 3rd date. I'm so mad at myself for always doing this. It's my fault though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 05:26 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
You need to get out more... that ain't all that much for going out on dates.....

Old 06-08-2011, 05:28 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Maybe those endings weren't so happy for her. I don't think it's the money that's jamming you up.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You need to get out more... that ain't all that much for going out on dates.....
You mean spending 10% on my monthly income for two dates isn't enough? If that's the case then I need to start a single for life self-acceptance.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:33 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
You mean spending 10% on my monthly income for two dates isn't enough? If that's the case then I need to start a single for life self-acceptance.
It's not about how much you spend. There are less expensive alternatives. I'm guessing there was no third date because of something else...sex wasn't great for her, she discovered something about you that turns her off, sparks have fizzled? Who knows? Some people are just fickle like that.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's not about how much you spend. There are less expensive alternatives. I'm guessing there was no third date because of something else...sex wasn't great for her, she discovered something about you that turns her off, sparks have fizzled? Who knows? Some people are just fickle like that.
It's just upsetting. You're told all the time to be yourself, but then when you go looking for advice, you're told that you're in the wrong and need to change.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:56 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Not to diminish the depth of your investment in the dates that you have been on maestro, but to a woman that is even only moderately attractive - the amounts that you are spending are considered just a basic down payment for the opportunity to hang out with her while she is eating (food that you paid for) and enjoy her company until she decides she has had enough and wants to go home.

I have always believed that a guy has no business dating any woman above the level of a Scottsdale 7 (which would be a Seattle 8 or San Diego 6) if he makes less than $100k a year and is not able to cater to her every need and desire as well as maintain a competitive edge over any and all other guys that are pursuing her.

My point is this, and relating to the huge cash investment you have made in the most recent dates that you have been on. What the hell are you doing even dating, if that kind of expenditure ranging from $50-150 is causing such a problem when, if we pursue your goals to the next level of logical evolution - the same woman that you are taking out to dinner (and according to you, a very expensive dinner) could as a result of having sex with you alter your life to the point where you either have a kid with her or get married. And that is where the fun begins. Once your dream girl has a kid or wants to marry you, the last thing you will be worried about are the expensive $100 dinners you use to take her out for.

You will have a host of other more pressing and way more expensive problems like raising a kid, so there is daycare, diapers, etc, saving for the little bastards' college and if you marry the chick then you better gear up for a nice fat mortgage payment every month, getting her a new car and all the other related expenses with maintaining a vagina, I mean a spouse.

So use this as a learning experience in dating finance. If the dinners are setting you back so much - then just give up on dating for now until you make enough to be able to take a hungry biyotch to dinner and then cover a long and very expensive future with her and or a kid. You would probably at this point, get more personnal satisfaction and karma for your soul by just dropping $100 worth of canned goods off at the local homeless shelter than feeding some hungry c u next tuesday that doesn't want to deal with you anyway after a couple of dates.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Not to diminish the depth of your investment in the dates that you have been on maestro, but to a woman that is even only moderately attractive - the amounts that you are spending are considered just a basic down payment for the opportunity to hang out with her while she is eating (food that you paid for) and enjoy her company until she decides she has had enough and wants to go home.

I have always believed that a guy has no business dating any woman above the level of a Scottsdale 7 (which would be a Seattle 8 or San Diego 6) if he makes less than $100k a year and is not able to cater to her every need and desire as well as maintain a competitive edge over any and all other guys that are pursuing her.

My point is this, and relating to the huge cash investment you have made in the most recent dates that you have been on. What the hell are you doing even dating, if that kind of expenditure ranging from $50-150 is causing such a problem when, if we pursue your goals to the next level of logical evolution - the same woman that you are taking out to dinner (and according to you, a very expensive dinner) could as a result of having sex with you alter your life to the point where you either have a kid with her or get married. And that is where the fun begins. Once your dream girl has a kid or wants to marry you, the last thing you will be worried about are the expensive $100 dinners you use to take her out for.

You will have a host of other more pressing and way more expensive problems like raising a kid, so there is daycare, diapers, etc, saving for the little bastards' college and if you marry the chick then you better gear up for a nice fat mortgage payment every month, getting her a new car and all the other related expenses with maintaining a vagina, I mean a spouse.

So use this as a learning experience in dating finance. If the dinners are setting you back so much - then just give up on dating for now until you make enough to be able to take a hungry biyotch to dinner and then cover a long and very expensive future with her and or a kid. You would probably at this point, get more personnal satisfaction and karma for your soul by just dropping $100 worth of canned goods off at the local homeless shelter than feeding some hungry c u next tuesday that doesn't want to deal with you anyway after a couple of dates.
OK. Well first of all I don't think you understand the intent of the post. It isn't that I'm spending x amount of money and getting x results, and feel like I should get more. I'm just saying, in general, it's a lot of money and i feel like it's a waste. I don't feel like I deserve something because I spent money

Secondly, wow, what a shallow approach to dating and relationships, a Scottsdale 7? What the heck is that? I will date whomever I please (and who says yes, ha). You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I will be sure to avoid women that are THAT obsessed with money. If I lose a few along the way because I'm not loaded, then fine with me, they werearen't worth it. I'm not that shallow, man.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:10 PM

I will give you props though for repping van Mises in your profile

Old 06-08-2011, 06:11 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
...I need to start a single for life self-acceptance.
You need to do this anyway. Once you accept that you may always be single, you'll stop looking so hard. Then you might be surprised at how quickly the right person shows up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships