Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American women Vs. European women
American Women 26 29.89%
European Women 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 07:53 PM

95 posts, read 161,004 times

Advertisements

One final point, Adele is very pretty, but she's no stick figure. She is successful based on her singing and songwriting abilities, not because she's a size 0 and still shops in the juniors section. Adele would never have made it big, had she been American. To a lesser extent than American men, American women are also programmed to look and act a certain way, i.e. be the prissy size 0 valley girl well into your 40's and never grow up, taking shows like $ex & The City too seriously and often living by their fictitious codes.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIRDS View Post
One final point, Adele is very pretty, but she's no stick figure. She is successful based on her singing and songwriting abilities, not because she's a size 0 and still shops in the juniors section. Adele would never have made it big, had she been American. To a lesser extent than American men, American women are also programmed to look and act a certain way, i.e. be the prissy size 0 valley girl well into your 40's and never grow up, taking shows like $ex & The City too seriously and often living by their fictitious codes.
Well, that is a refreshing change from the typical accusation that American women are all a bunch of Oprah-watching fatties.

Also: Jennifer Hudson.

I'm sorry you guys are having trouble here, really.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not really sure how you can lump all European women together, the cultural and social differences can be vast between the countries.
Same can be said of the united states. People are as different as the states they are from

Old 06-14-2011, 08:15 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I really wish men that only want to date European women or that detest American women would move. Go where the women love you and want you. I believe that America will be better off, and you will obviously be happier. This will be a win, win for everyone involved.
One small problem...I seriously doubt the European women want them either.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:33 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,315,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
One small problem...I seriously doubt the European women want them either.

You are probably right. I was just trying to agree with the OP....lol.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:37 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,315,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
We could have an intelligent debate but I think that would be asking to much from you.

This from a 25 year old who lumps all American women into one negative category without anything to back up his claims. If you have ever read any of her posts in other threads, you would realize that she is capable of debating intelligently with anyone. Also, insinuating that a woman is stupid is not the way to make her like you....maybe this kind of behavior is why you can't find a woman in America despite your "good looks and intelligence".

Old 06-14-2011, 08:46 PM

228 posts, read 500,370 times
I doubt most of the guys on here have had experience with women from Europe or America. It's always the ones who have no real experience who have the most to say. They watch too much TV or read too many magazines that target 20-something wannabe players.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:51 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times
Some guys may not mind foreign imports; especially if they seem more "exotic".

Old 06-14-2011, 09:13 PM

252 posts, read 555,895 times
Quote:
This from a 25 year old who lumps all American women into one negative category without anything to back up his claims. If you have ever read any of her posts in other threads, you would realize that she is capable of debating intelligently with anyone. Also, insinuating that a woman is stupid is not the way to make her like you....maybe this kind of behavior is why you can't find a woman in America despite your "good looks and intelligence".
Who say's it is a lack of intelligence that is holding her back from having an intelligent debate?

I am 26. I will say for the last time, I do not lump all women into this category. There are women who do not follow these norms, but the majority of American culture does.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:18 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times
Quote:
Why does it seem that using honesty as a form of respect toward fellow human beings doesn't work either. Many American women, in modern times come across as heterophobic to some nice guys. How many American men would turn down a polite request for a full body massage with happy ending? Many American women claiming to be heterosexual have a problem with that form of honesty as a form of (therapeutic) respect toward fellow human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.