Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American women Vs. European women
American Women 26 29.89%
European Women 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:45 PM

95 posts, read 161,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, the US were established by Puritans; Australia & NZ - by jailbirlds... You tell me where the fun is supposed to be! It's like wanting to go to heaven! WTH would I wanna go there?!
Jeez, I dunno? More liberal, tolerant & open minded societies? Each to their own though. There are pros and cons, rather than greener grass. It boils down to you and your own wants, as an individual. As for me, I would probably fit in a lot better in any of the other new world countries, or perhaps Germany or Scandinavia. The United States and I are simply a bad match, although I do like this country all the same for the positive aspects.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:51 AM

96 posts, read 289,137 times
Im British and married an American man- i havent noticed a difference, but then i dont hit on girls. I HAVE however noticed a difference in terms of looks- where im from the girls are much hotter than the girls where he lives in the US (in general), AND the guys are much more hotter in the US than in the UK where I live. So with that being said, its ovbious girls would be less picky here in the UK and go for guys below there station in terms of looks. And i have seen that EVERYWHERE.

So if you want to pull a hot girl- just to to a college town where the supply of hot girls are great and there are is a lesser demand. The UK has an obesity problem but not on the same level that the US does.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:05 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,180,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
Julia I love women. I never said 999 out of 1000 women are "not so great." I was simply stating that the mass majority of American women have been swept up in a negative social standing. If you read the rest of my post, then you will see what else is at work.
No, I believe Julia had it dead on...you are generalizing on a massive scale..being 26 and out of the blue speaking of child custody being bias? umm...yah that was way out there and very uneducated on your part..

The same study can be made on Euro men...and there personal aproach on woman and relationships..lol..They tend to be career minded yet very family oriented, have an old school approach on the roles of a man and that of a woman...Barcelona? Chivalry is most def. not dead there or in France either!

Life is def. more laid back there, runs at a slower pace, people tend to enjoy life more, fresh food ( fattening also) consumption of alcohol and cigarettes are okay...so what is this about a healthy lifestyle?

Different cultures can be appealing but like everything else has it's good and bad...

Old 06-16-2011, 01:15 AM

96 posts, read 289,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Not true. Many European men are players. A lot more common for a man in Europe to be sleeping around than it is here. Its true but sad at the same time.
Men in europe can be players because hot women fight over them, so they have their pick. My husband moaned about finding hot girls who arent stuck up in the US- who wouldnt consider him. I said if he came to the UK he'd be fighting them off with a stick, because hot men are really lacking in this country, and hot women are everywhere!

Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,943,345 times
??? ???

Care to elaborate ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia2004 View Post
Men in europe can be players because hot women fight over them, so they have their pick.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:39 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,180,215 times
I love the paradox...

Euro girls vs American girls???

Proclaimed hot girls in euro and american girls contesting the same?

It is not that complicated!
Different strokes for different folks...either you do it for them or you dont...lmao

Old 06-16-2011, 06:06 AM

1,543 posts, read 3,001,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia2004 View Post
Men in europe can be players because hot women fight over them, so they have their pick. My husband moaned about finding hot girls who arent stuck up in the US- who wouldnt consider him. I said if he came to the UK he'd be fighting them off with a stick, because hot men are really lacking in this country, and hot women are everywhere!
I don't know if you ever will log back in......

But that is not true. It takes two to make one. If there are lots of hot women in Europe. Then there are lots of hot men in Europe. Don't be silly and pretend that there is a shortage of hot men in Europe. It cannot be that there is an overabundance of hot women that magically appeared throughout the lands. Maybe they came from the sea or mountains But if there are lots of hot women then there needs to be lots of hot men. The two go together.

Sorry to any guy that thinks he has a shot. He doesn't too many hot men in Europe leaves the majority of hot women in Europe. Because they can have their pick.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:02 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,382,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post

Materialistic, vapid, and misandrist attitudes. I cannot get over how materialistic and vapid American women can be. When it comes to music, TV, movies, and consumer consumption this becomes so evident. Most malls are dedicated to women. Macy's and Bloomingdale's often have levels dedicated to just women. The music industry’s most vapid and fake artists such as Britney Spears, Justin Beiber(teens I know), Keysha, all cater to the female market. The Hollywood industry is filled with Misandry. Movies depict male bashing and violence towards men as a joke. If these were switched and the same depicted towards women there would be uproar. I remember when I was a kid and watching Lorena Bobbitt on a talk show on CBS laughing about cutting her husband’s penis off. All the women in the crowd were laughing. If a man who has been hurt by a women and decides to cut off her clitoris, would he be on a talk show laughing about it?
I could write a book about how stupid, idiotic, selfish, lying, manipulative, helpless, and unambitious I've found American men to be. But I wouldn't want to be accused of stereotyping.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:06 AM

95 posts, read 161,253 times
It's also worth touching on a bit of history here (fairly recent history). Women in my home country (the UK) had to work and hold down the fort during the Second World War, as most men between the ages of 18 and 40 were conscripted. After the war, when Europe's economies were decimated, the US economy boomed in the 50's, where women were at home and the husband worked, because back then, it was expected (Revolutionary Road is about that lifestyle and that era, focused on a woman who wanted to rebel against that kind of life and move to Paris to work, even supporting her husband in the process).

Women in European countries have had to be independent for a longer period of time. We have had a British female PM already, Margaret Thatcher. Like her or not (and I am a left winger, so I disagreed with many of her policies), she was a strong leader, maybe one of the strongest in recent history.

A "Real Housewives" type show from the UK or Germany simply would not work. You don't get as many of those prissy, princess syndrome, dependent women, sorry (just an observation).

Incidentally, having lived in Miami for a few years, women there are even more extreme, in terms of having the whole princess syndrome thing going on and being almost totally dependent on a man, yet claiming to be such "independent b***es" at the same time. You can literally be an old, unattractive man, but if you're rich and drive around in a Porsche, very attractive women will flock to you like flies flock to a turd. Miami is America on steroids in that sense. The early American feminists who fought for women's rights back when women really were oppressed here would turn in their graves if they knew what goes on in Miami itself and other parts of the US, to a lesser extent.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:11 AM

1,543 posts, read 3,001,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIRDS View Post
It's also worth touching on a bit of history here (fairly recent history). Women in my home country (the UK) had to work and hold down the fort during the Second World War, as most men between the ages of 18 and 40 were conscripted. After the war, when Europe's economies were decimated, the US economy boomed in the 50's, where women were at home and the husband worked, because back then, it was expected (Revolutionary Road is about that lifestyle and that era, focused on a woman who wanted to rebel against that kind of life and move to Paris to work, even supporting her husband in the process).

Women in European countries have had to be independent for a longer period of time. We have had a British female PM already, Margaret Thatcher. Like her or not (and I am a left winger, so I disagreed with many of her policies), she was a strong leader, maybe one of the strongest in recent history.

A "Real Housewives" type show from the UK or Germany simply would not work. You don't get as many of those prissy, princess syndrome, dependent women, sorry (just an observation).

Incidentally, having lived in Miami for a few years, women there are even more extreme, in terms of having the whole princess syndrome thing going on and being almost totally dependent on a man, yet claiming to be such "independent b***es" at the same time. You can literally be an old, unattractive man, but if you're rich and drive around in a Porsche, very attractive women will flock to you like flies flock to a turd. Miami is America on steroids in that sense. The early American feminists who fought for women's rights back when women really were oppressed here would turn in their graves if they knew what goes on in Miami.
And what about the women in Russia or the Ukraine? If they see you driving a porsche, they will probably look and then turn around and say its too cheap for them? Not every European woman is better than an American woman. And while you do find a lot of plastics here. The same can be said about Europe, depending on where you are. I think in the UK the people dislike it when the rich show off. Does that stop the rich from driving around in ferraris? Nope. But the point still stands that there are plenty of plastics worldwide. But I find that American women are much more laid back than a Ukrainian/Russian/German. I could fall in love with a European women, yes, but I prefer American women they are near by. And I know what they are like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships