Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:50 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
I always say "if you want the right person, you have to be the right person." You have to know yourself so you'll know what you won't put up with in a guy. If a guy shows you interest, be on your toes because you need to know what's up with that (guys can give you attention for the wrong reason) instead of thinking your fairy tale love story will come true. Other than that, 19 is too young to worry about not having a relationship (even though a good friend of mine got married out of high school but that's a different story) so enjoy life and you'll never know, the right guy will pop in someday.
Congratulations on your engagement!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 08:53 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
*sigh* I thought I was happy about being single, but reading about a few people here being in love with someone and wanting to marry them is starting to make me want that too. Dont get me wrong I'm happy for those people, but I just wish I could find someone to love and to love me back like that too.

Does anyone else get that feeling seeing friends, family, and acquaintances getting that while you aren't??
I always saw the mixed bag and didn't mind I wasn't risking the bad stuff. Especially after the early made marriages went south. There was a wave of people just telling me these messed up stories and confessions of feeling trapped. It was the total opposite of what you think as a kid that you grow up and live happily every after. It just gets dirtier and crazier. LOL

I worried that I wouldn't find someone when single but it was nice to only have to be concerned about yourself and having so much time to do whatever you wanted.

I don't think you have to go out and party to find people. Again and again relationships just seem to happen when you are living a full life in my experience. I either meet someone during work, personal interests or a friends hook up(based on similar p.o.i. in life).

Guys like girls period. Don't be fake to find a guy. He won't be the right one.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:11 AM

538 posts, read 1,521,889 times
Quote:
Some people like homebodies?? I know I like them, but I thought most guys like super outgoing girls.
I am a homebody and I only wanted to date another homebody.

So.....how do two homebodies meet if you are both at home all the time?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:15 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post

So you have zero friends and no job or any other things you do? You just live in a box and see no one 24/7?

Old 06-17-2011, 10:52 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
So you have zero friends and no job or any other things you do? You just live in a box and see no one 24/7?
I have friends, I do karate, and I go out sometimes. I'm out of school for the summer and I Kim of wanted to rest after a semester of 7 classes.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:01 AM

645 posts, read 988,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post

Like everyone else today it seems - on your HOME computer.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:13 AM

645 posts, read 988,796 times
Quote:
*sigh* I thought I was happy about being single, but reading about a few people here being in love with someone and wanting to marry them is starting to make me want that too. Dont get me wrong I'm happy for those people, but I just wish I could find someone to love and to love me back like that too.

Does anyone else get that feeling seeing friends, family, and acquaintances getting that while you aren't??

Weird quirk of the universe. When you are single - it will seem like everyone around you is in a relationship. Then, when you do meet someone, it will be like everyone around is single and wanting a piece of you.

I know it's hard being single sometimes - but listen, you are young and you are free. Now is the time to focus on YOU. Stop focusing on others. I know it'll be hard - but tell yourself every day that this is your time to figure yourself out. Make a date with yourself everyday. Think about what makes you tick and the stuff you enjoy. If you don't really know - then try a bunch of crazy stuff out and see what sticks. Try to get creative and think of stuff you always wanted to do - then do it.

Don't think stuff like - "I wonder if I will meet someone there..." or "I really wish I could do with someone..." - Throw all of that out the window. Forget about it. Just do what makes you happy.

As a guy, I'm going to tell you something - There is nothing sexier than a woman who knows herself, knows what she likes, and has a good time being who she is. I guarantee, while you are out there getting to know who you are and enjoying yourself, pretty soon a few fellas are gonna want to "interrupt" your good time!

Old 06-17-2011, 11:13 AM

946 posts, read 2,918,356 times
The more you focus on others being happily engaged/married/dating, the more it'll start eating at you. So just try to focus your mind on other things and hobbies-just live your life. I'm happy being single, so whenever I see couples together I get a warm, sappy feeling in my heart and only look foward to when that's going to happen to me...because it WILL happen . How old are you by the way?

Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 AM

538 posts, read 1,521,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
Like everyone else today it seems - on your HOME computer.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:50 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
The more you focus on others being happily engaged/married/dating, the more it'll start eating at you. So just try to focus your mind on other things and hobbies-just live your life. I'm happy being single, so whenever I see couples together I get a warm, sappy feeling in my heart and only look foward to when that's going to happen to me...because it WILL happen . How old are you by the way?
I'm 19 almost 20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships