Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:05 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,421,434 times

Advertisements

LOL at shy being equal to creepy. I like quiet guys. I hate obnoxiousness. I'm a mellow person who just happens to enjoy being playful and flirtatious, but quiet, provided he can still communicate and show some level of interest, is adorable to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 12:10 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,410,928 times
I hope so

Old 06-18-2011, 03:17 PM

16 posts, read 23,293 times
I think the OP shows signs of aspergers.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,217,798 times
I'll say this - I've been right about almost all the guys that I thought were into me. There were guys that were into me where I had no idea until someone told me or they told me themselves. So - most of the time I can tell when someone is attracted to me but sometimes I have been caught off guard.

I think some people are just better at sensing this than others.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:42 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,492,659 times
Not usually. Unless I really want something to happen. More than likely, if I 'like' someone now, I'll go out of my way to ignore them (cuz I'm married).

Old 06-20-2011, 06:23 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,464,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Some people say you can pick up on it when someone has a thing for you. But I don't believe that. You hear people wondering if someone has a thing for them. If they could tell, there would be no need to wonder.

They might think someone shows signs of having a thing for them. And I've picked up on signs like that before. But there is no way to be sure if someone has a thing for you.
I normally can't tell. Unless he tells me straight up, and even then, I'd wonder if he's being honest or if he's trying to get into my bank account (LOL!). Sometimes people are just being friendly, though.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:37 AM

10,182 posts, read 20,818,198 times
It all depends on how much they want that person to know they are attracted to them. Some are more obvious, some are more subtle, and some don't give off any clues whatsoever. But that's only half of it because the person who is the object of someone's desire, may not be good at picking up on signals or maybe they think that every person who is nice to them is hitting on them. It helps to know a little about the person...are they aloof and need a ton of bricks to fall on their heads or do they assume that everyone who is nice to them is chasing them? Or are they the type who is nice to everyone and they aren't treating you any more special than anyone else? Observe how they treat others as well.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:46 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,099,750 times
Quote:
Some people say you can pick up on it when someone has a thing for you. But I don't believe that. You hear people wondering if someone has a thing for them. If they could tell, there would be no need to wonder.

They might think someone shows signs of having a thing for them. And I've picked up on signs like that before. But there is no way to be sure if someone has a thing for you.

Yeah there is..
My co-worker likes me..the first time he saw me I knew he liked me..He didn't have to tell me...he knows I have a boyfriend too, but he still likes me. I don't wonder if someone likes me or not...I pretty much know when they do.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:48 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,774,192 times
Quote:
If you want to ask a male out, you should. If you don't, the stereotype will just continue. If enough people like you ask males out, maybe people will stop thinking females are desperate for asking a male out.
^^^^
I agree with you wholeheartedly on that, city!

Old 06-20-2011, 07:50 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,090,441 times
Quote:

People can't fight body language. It's subconscious and they've been doing as a habit. Most people know about this as tells. In certain situations people do certain things with their body. Women expose their wrists to guys their interested in. They touch them while their talking to them. They brush their hair in front of them. Some are much more obvious about it than others.

However, young women have learned, or adapted, or evolved to throw out these signals constantly at males. Either they're horny all the time, or they've just learned guys fall all over them when they do it. Thus I get a lot of guys saying "I think she's into me". They're into anybody who can do something for them, these days. Basically a girl will come up to a guy twice her age these days, throw out all these signals and then ask him for a cigarette. Then he'll turn to another guy as she walks away and say "was she hitting on me?" No she was using your ego against you to get a cigarette. It works because the guy says "No I think you're wrong, she was definitely hittin on me!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships