Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 03:19 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times

Advertisements

tired of homework so ill start a thread.

I constantly see PUA getting a hard time on these messageboards here and it surprises me. I think it gets a bad rep because a lot of the people that follow it can be dbags. If you actually read into it though, it's actually a really good thing for people and can really help. If you look into it, or read about it.. it isn't about picking up women and leaving them. They are saying to do the same exact thing that everyone on these messageboards are saying.

At the core, they say you have to be comfortable in your own shoes, and never be afraid to approach any woman out there. They simply say, be the guy everyone wants to be around. If you're at a party, be the guy that people are interested to talk to. Be the guy making people laugh or having a good time around you. Have things about yourself that you're proud of and not be afraid to talk about it. Another thing, the main motto of PUA is that the girl should love being around you. They say most relationships don't last... but after every relationship.. you should leave the girl feeling better about herself and her way of life.

There's nothing about treating women poorly, it is actually the opposite. If you're having problems with women or attracting quality women.. the PUA stuff is actually a good and interesting read.

Just my opinion, but hey.. it helped me out.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
The last FWB girl I was seeing, which was awhile back, its exactly how you say about leaving their life in a better state.
She was quite abit younger than me, so at times I acted as a mentor, gave her advice, educated her.
Not to mention the sex, which was satisfying for us both.

So what/where is the problem?

Old 12-03-2012, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
The last FWB girl I was seeing, which was awhile back, its exactly how you say about leaving their life in a better state.
She was quite abit younger than me, so at times I acted as a mentor, gave her advice, educated her.
Not to mention the sex, which was satisfying for us both.

So what/where is the problem?

I was referring to all the animosity people give when someone even mentions anything about PUA when at the end of the day.. everything it really is about is a pretty good thing that would benefit anyone who takes the time to look into it. Really, all of that stuff are things that many people learn on their own.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:55 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I was referring to all the animosity people give when someone even mentions anything about PUA when at the end of the day.. everything it really is about is a pretty good thing that would benefit anyone who takes the time to look into it. Really, all of that stuff are things that many people learn on their own.
Well in reality alot of PUA don't leave their lives in a better state. But that says more about them as people and their character, than the actual PUA measures themselves.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Well in reality alot of PUA don't leave their lives in a better state. But that says more about them as people and their character, than the actual PUA measures themselves.

True, but think about it.. all the guys out there who are secretly friends with the women waiting for their one little opportunity to get that girl. Of the ones that get that far, how many of those do you think turn into insecure jealous boyfriends who in turn end up ruining the relationship and leaving the woman in a worse state.

A person not suited for a relationship is going to do damage to anyone regardless of how they got in it.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,988,178 times
Quote:
True.

I don't know much about the PUA community but I vividly remember a post on C-D where some guy made a condescending comment about some PUA using a "neg" at some club. I went ahead and looked up the term. Safe to say that I use that stuff all the time, even more so in purely platonic guy-on-guy scenarios.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
True.

I don't know much about the PUA community but I vividly remember a post on C-D where some guy made a condescending comment about some PUA using a "neg" at some club. I went ahead and looked up the term. Safe to say that I use that stuff all the time, even more so in purely platonic guy-on-guy scenarios.

Hahahah, yeah those terms are really lame, but I think they are mainly for people who don't understand social interactions whatsoever.

One problem with some of that PUA stuff, is that people who don't really get social interactions that much try too hard to be someone they're not. They will try to put on one certain image or treat women bad because they think that's how you pick up women.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Quote:
Hahahah, yeah those terms are really lame, but I think they are mainly for people who don't understand social interactions whatsoever.

One problem with some of that PUA stuff, is that people who don't really get social interactions that much try too hard to be someone they're not. They will try to put on one certain image or treat women bad because they think that's how you pick up women.
That's the whole crux of the problem. Social misfits and shut-ins think they can just learn how to pick up some broads by watching youtube videos and reading books. Next thing you know your favorite bar is littered with nerds giggling like pre-teens, because they read it in some book by a guy with macaroni and a feather in his hat.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
There are a lot of things that men like that women never will.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Cow

153 posts, read 202,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
There are a lot of things that men like that women never will.
Like sex after marriage?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships