Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 10:11 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times

Advertisements

Some people say you can pick up on it when someone has a thing for you. But I don't believe that. You hear people wondering if someone has a thing for them. If they could tell, there would be no need to wonder.

They might think someone shows signs of having a thing for them. And I've picked up on signs like that before. But there is no way to be sure if someone has a thing for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 10:19 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Some people want to hide their crush feelings, others don't. So you can't generalize every situation where someone has undeclared romantic feelings towards another.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:20 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Pheromones

A pheromone (from Greek φέρω phero "to bear" + hormone from Greek ὁρμή - "impetus") is a secreted or excreted chemical factor that triggers a social response in members of the same species. Pheromones are chemicals capable of acting outside the body of the secreting individual to impact the behavior of the receiving individual. There are alarm pheromones, food trail pheromones, sex pheromones, and many others that affect behavior or physiology. Their use among insects has been particularly well documented. In addition, some vertebrates and plants communicate by using pheromones.

Pheromone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Learning about human pheromones may help you to better understand your behavior and how you influence the behavior of other people.
Pheromones.com | Scent of Eros | James V. Kohl

Some people just have better scent radar than other people which accounts for inconsitencies.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:23 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
I think you can usually tell unless the person is very socially withdrawn. There's all sorts of visual cues. Facial expressions like this probably means they really don't care for you but this one is at least a sign that they're friendly. A person's body language can communicate a great deal of information even if they don't have much to say. I think it's almost always something you can pick up on. Of course if you're the one who has the thing for someone you've got to be a little bit cool and not overdo it. Drooling or grinning like a donkey probably won't win over anyone's affection.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:23 AM

Even if you pick up on signs that they have a thing for you, how do you know if they really have a thing for you or if they're just being friendly?

The only way to be certain if someone has a thing for you is if they tell you. But even then, they might be leading you on. Something like that happened to me in 8th grade. A girl spent the entire day pretending she had a thing for me and she gave me a number. It turned out the number was fake.

I've heard people say girls are better at being able to tell when someone has a thing for them, but I guess this question goes for both genders.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:25 AM

83 posts, read 280,951 times
Many experts believe that pheromones aren't real.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Some people want to hide their crush feelings, others don't. So you can't generalize every situation where someone has undeclared romantic feelings towards another.
If the feelings are undeclared, I'm pretty sure that means they want to hide them. Because if they didn't want to hide them, they would declare their feelings. Right?

My feelings often stay undeclared due to fear of rejection. I think the only times a girl found out I had a thing for her was when other people told her. I don't think I've ever told a girl directly that I have a thing for her. But I wonder if she could pick up on it.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:29 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Oh God.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:29 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times
Yes, I've had guys crush on me and I could sort of pick up on it. However, it's only when the creepers did it. The ones who were normal had to spell it out or had someone else spell it out.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Yes, I've had guys crush on me and I could sort of pick up on it. However, it's only when the creepers did it. The ones who were normal had to spell it out or had someone else spell it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships