Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 07:40 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
so....i posted a thread about a very awkward yet great first date i had with a girl, her mother, and her next door neighbor. i put the thread link below.

Had the most awkward fiirst date last night.........

anyways......we were suppose to go out on our second date tonight. first date was about a week and half ago. first date as i mentioned in the initial thread was really good. everything went perfect as far as i'm concerned. even got the thumbs up from her mother she said and mom couldnt stop talking about me. done and done haha.

so far since i've been talking to this girl we've made plans to go out 4 different times and 3 of the four have been broken. the 4th was actually the date with her and mom that wasn't even really planned was more spur of the moment kinda thing.

on all 3 occasions we've made plans well in advance and then the date gets broken the day of almost literally a few hours before hand.

first time was about 3 weeks ago she text messaged me around noon and we were suppose to go out that evening. said "something" came up and we had to cancel.

second time was after our first date. we had made plans to go out on the following Saturday days in advance. this was last saturday actually. after not hearing from her all day i get ready head over to her place. as im driving i get a text saying she can't make it, shes sorry but shes been consoling her girlfriend who just found out she is pregnant.

third time is today. we made plans to go out tonight yesterday. she text messaged me and said she completely forgot she had made plans with her friends to have dinner at one of her gf's homes with some other friends.

so.....now we're planning to go out Thursday night......hopefully. LOL.

now we do talk on the phone, she just chooses texting to break the bad news to me. had a great first date yet...so far its been trouble getting together from her end for some reason.

is the above any cause for concern? red flags in any of this?

Move on..find a woman who would be happy to go on a date with you..
Tell her when she calls..oh I assumed you were going to cancel like always so I asked another woman out..Im taking her out..then say bye and hang up..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 10:41 AM

328 posts, read 603,068 times
Usually, when the mother approves of a guy, the daughter will go against the mother's wishes. You should have pissed off the mom instead; then this chick would be all over your nuts.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:53 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Usually, when the mother approves of a guy, the daughter will go against the mother's wishes. You should have pissed off the mom instead; then this chick would be all over your nuts.
That thought crossed my mind as well. I know that if I have concerns about a man my daughter is dating, she'll defend him, but if I really approve of a guy, she'll find plenty of reasons to dismiss him.

I don't know know why, but it's the truth.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:17 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Directed towards the OP...

Wow I am sorry and as a woman feel bad...

I am going to say this as gently as I am able...

You had what YOU called a odd date but productive...it was the mother and friends?
To be honest this does not mean that you were in the door and despite the thumbs up from her mom and friends it does not necc. reflect her feelings for you...

I honestly give you kuddos for being so flexible and making the best of a situation this to me shows endearing qualities in a man...keeper stat..

But the following dates that were broken? No..I could understand the last minute for a friend whom found out she was preggo..big deal but all the others? She forgot? How do you forget a date with a guy that your mother approved of unless you really are not that into him?

You seem to have character and tenacity so for this simple reason I am not going to tell you to quit..But honestly a man that is like you? Yo9u should keep yourself open for other women tht may be interested and more appreciative of you..

Old 06-25-2011, 10:28 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
so....i posted a thread about a very awkward yet great first date i had with a girl, her mother, and her next door neighbor. i put the thread link below.

anyways......we were suppose to go out on our second date tonight. first date was about a week and half ago. first date as i mentioned in the initial thread was really good. everything went perfect as far as i'm concerned. even got the thumbs up from her mother she said and mom couldnt stop talking about me. done and done haha.

so far since i've been talking to this girl we've made plans to go out 4 different times and 3 of the four have been broken. the 4th was actually the date with her and mom that wasn't even really planned was more spur of the moment kinda thing.

on all 3 occasions we've made plans well in advance and then the date gets broken the day of almost literally a few hours before hand.

first time was about 3 weeks ago she text messaged me around noon and we were suppose to go out that evening. said "something" came up and we had to cancel.

second time was after our first date. we had made plans to go out on the following Saturday days in advance. this was last saturday actually. after not hearing from her all day i get ready head over to her place. as im driving i get a text saying she can't make it, shes sorry but shes been consoling her girlfriend who just found out she is pregnant.

third time is today. we made plans to go out tonight yesterday. she text messaged me and said she completely forgot she had made plans with her friends to have dinner at one of her gf's homes with some other friends.

now we do talk on the phone, she just chooses texting to break the bad news to me. had a great first date yet...so far its been trouble getting together from her end for some reason.

Sounds like you bettter ask the MOM out-lol

Old 06-25-2011, 10:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Things do come up it's life, but in the beginning I'm always there and excited for my dates.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:07 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
you need to hit the bricks and start stepping my man........

Old 06-26-2011, 03:41 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,387 times
Quote:

can you just be more laid back about this and just have fun!

Old 06-26-2011, 03:45 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Does a house have to fall on you?
On the outside chance that she really does like you, you must play hard to get at this point until she makes several attempts to contact you.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:57 PM

10 posts, read 12,031 times
I've had to cancel plans at the last minute early on. But I profusely apologize and take the lead in re-scheduling. If you're doing the re-scheduling work, don't waste your time. And I wouldn't let it happen 3 times in a row.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships