Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
You know I meant sports Froggie...my mind is on a different plane than yours.
Is it?

Or is it on a different plane, but thinking about the same?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:24 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Is it?

Or is it on a different plane, but thinking about the same?

Wishful thinking my green warty friend.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:28 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
Is that how you make a frog toady?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Hey! I'm not THAT warty!

Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Hey! I'm not THAT warty!

Haha...I am glad.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Take it to the chat thread, people!

Old 06-26-2011, 09:56 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Personally, there are two things that I look at to see if a woman is careless or not. One is the weight, and the other is teeth. If you are my age (in your 20s) and you have cavities, caps, missing teeth, etc... and are otherwise healthy, it really says something about how careless you are.

Nonsense!! First, some people are overweight due to thyroid problems, medications, or even genetics. As for teeth, it could very well be genetic or medical. I've known people whose children (under 15 years old) had to have root canals, extractions, etc simply due to a medical problem and not due to "carelessness"

You shouldn't make ASSumptions about people on first (or second) glance because, when you do, you...... (you know the rest)

I, personally, find that people who make immediate judgements based upon looks to be arrogant, ignorant morons who need to take a very long, hard look at themselves in the mirror and see beyond the beauty they THINK they have!

Old 06-26-2011, 11:30 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Nonsense!! First, some people are overweight due to thyroid problems, medications, or even genetics. As for teeth, it could very well be genetic or medical. I've known people whose children (under 15 years old) had to have root canals, extractions, etc simply due to a medical problem and not due to "carelessness"

You shouldn't make ASSumptions about people on first (or second) glance because, when you do, you...... (you know the rest)

I, personally, find that people who make immediate judgements based upon looks to be arrogant, ignorant morons who need to take a very long, hard look at themselves in the mirror and see beyond the beauty they THINK they have!
You conveniently skipped over the "otherwise healthy" part I mentioned.

Everyone can get their weight under control. Some just have to work harder at it. My ex gf learned she had a thyroid problem and started gaining weight. We signed her up with a trainer at the our country club and she nipped that in the butt. She's extremely happy and extremely fit. We're still good friends and play tennis at the club on Saturdays. So even with a thyroid issue, you can be healthy in terms of weight.

Regarding teeth, unless there are some extraordinary circumstances, there is NO excuse for having any serious dental work... It takes way more than 6 months for a cavity to form (in a healthy person), so chances are just about 100% that it would be caught prior in your 6-month dental visit (again, in normal circumstances - ie healthy person).

Old 06-27-2011, 02:59 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,562 times
Quote:
When you make preposterous claims what do you expect? I don't think your post was misinterpreted. I think it was out of line.

So saying that a person can have run ins with the law or court problems regardless of weight is ridiculous? Or that I'd prefer a mate who'd be around my ability?

I guess obese people are made out of sugar, spice, and everything nice and no one can say anything different.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I would have no problem being a size six, going to yoga class every day, working out with a personal trainer. Staying at the gym 5 hours a day, and eating a strict South Beach Diet. Where is the man who is going to support me while I do that?

A few years ago, I went to a time management seminar, the man teaching us high power executives, how to get everything done. He had time to play golf, work out, work 60 hours a week, work on his MBA.

One problem with his schedule to me...A Working Mom...he never cleaned the house, did laundry, cooked, went to the store, or did homework with kids... I asked him about those tasks...ha ha... Of course, HIS WIFE did all that stuff!

So, men with big wives, how often do you do housework and watch the kids so your wives can go work out? Hmmm
You don't need to workout everyday to not be overweight or obese. You just need to stop overeating on a consistent basis. I really hate it when anyone uses that excuse that they think they have to workout like a maniac. Tracking what you eat is easier than ever with free phone apps, free computer apps/pages. Just not overeating will solve any weight problem. If not, then you may have a serious health problem (like thyroid) and should be taking care of that with your doctor. Its not healthy to let weight or diseased states that cause excess weight go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.