Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 PM

664 posts, read 773,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I hear this argument when it comes to chivalry and paying for dates, that men and women say they were raised on these principles. They were taught these things because it was 'right' and what they practiced.

So to all these women that applaud men on their traditional values they were raised on (paying for dates, opening car doors, etc) and accept these traditional behaviors, I hope they go all the way with this.

When you enter said relationship, you really aren't his equal. You are to yield to him and you must submit to him in all ways, because that's how it used to be, how a lot of marriages were.

You know, traditionally speaking, of course. That's how it used to be.

Lol.
Yeah, you never hear about that part of the good ol' days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 PM

491 posts, read 569,405 times
I dont date women who don't make close to as much as I make. Chivalry applied when women didn't work much or at all and took care of domestic tasks as the men supplied the women with the house and family. Women are equal to men now and to say otherwise is sexist and demeaning to women. Women are just as strong, smart, and capable as any man which means if I treat her like she's some kind of 'princess' that means im not treating her as an equal partner in a relationship. Feminism is all about equality of the sexes and anything else is misogynist or misandrist. Besides what do men get out of paying for dates? Quality time with a woman? That's saying that a woman's time is more valuable which means she isn't being treated equal to a man which means the man is a misogynist!

Old 01-04-2013, 11:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
I don't understand why you guys are complaining...if you don't want to pay, don't pay! Only date women that will pay their way in the relationship, it's not that difficult.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't understand why you guys are complaining...if you don't want to pay, don't pay! Only date women that will pay their way in the relationship, it's not that difficult.
THANK YOU JETJOCKEY! Split the check. If she can't/ wont pay you know what kind of person they are.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:59 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
Yeah, you never hear about that part of the good ol' days.
Lol, funny how that works, huh.

It be like that sometimes.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
THANK YOU JETJOCKEY! Split the check. If she can't/ wont pay you know what kind of person they are.
She's a person who expects a man to pay when he invites her out. She's not a gold digger, she's not a moocher, she's not entitled. People have different expectations in dating, some men will insist on paying, some women will insist on paying, some will want to split it. I've talked to many men that have said if a woman splits the check, she's not interested in him and he won't ask her out again. I have an odd feeling that's happened to me on more than one occasion. Some people just like to treat others. I know I've treated men on many occasions and I didn't flip out about it and complain on the internet.

Of course, the main reason I split the check has nothing to do with equality, but everything to do with men expecting sex if they spend even a penny on you.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
She's a person who expects a man to pay when he invites her out. She's not a gold digger, she's not a moocher, she's not entitled. People have different expectations in dating, some men will insist on paying, some women will insist on paying, some will want to split it. I've talked to many men that have said if a woman splits the check, she's not interested in him and he won't ask her out again. I have an odd feeling that's happened to me on more than one occasion. Some people just like to treat others. I know I've treated men on many occasions and I didn't flip out about it and complain on the internet.

Of course, the main reason I split the check has nothing to do with equality, but everything to do with men expecting sex if they spend even a penny on you.
She might be a goldigger or a moocher and if she is she wouldn't tell you. You kinda have to find out which is why I don't pay at all. And whats wrong with sex on a first date? If he wants to be with you he'll stay, if he doesn't he wont. The amount of time for sex is irrelevant. In fact some guys 'enjoy' the hunt and once they catch you they treat you like a trophy: they go hunting again.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
Just ended a "relationship" with a girl who ended it by texting me saying she needs a guy who pays for things the majority of the time. Keep in mind I paid for the first 4 dates, a weekend trip to the beach for two and this past weekend she paid for waffle house and then we split a meal at panera bread. a few hours later after panera she texts me saying she needs a guy who pays for the majority of the dates. i didn't realize that her paying for waffle house was too much for her haha. i'm a teacher and make a king's ransom obviously ;-). i also drove us everywhere and would buy her random things like cigarettes, wine, even cooked meals at her place i bought everything from the grocery store.

so ladies how long into a dating do you start paying?

Hey

My thoughts......

Everyone MEN/WOMEN like to be treated and to be taken out I don't feel it should always be left to the men to treat the women, if we want to be treated like equals in a relationship then it should be completely equal not just when and where we decide.

You should be glad the relationship is over but you should have been the one to finish it, this female was taking the nice things you did for her for granted and then still wanted more........ive seen on here a lot of guys get treated pretty badly off women and its a shame. Hopefully you'll meet a nice girl who won't want to bleed you dry

Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Can you explain why this is ok? Are you also in favor of double standards that benefit men? If so, please give a few examples.
Hmm, I'll try to think of something while I shave my legs and go get a bikini wax.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
She might be a goldigger or a moocher and if she is she wouldn't tell you. You kinda have to find out which is why I don't pay at all. And whats wrong with sex on a first date? If he wants to be with you he'll stay, if he doesn't he wont. The amount of time for sex is irrelevant. In fact some guys 'enjoy' the hunt and once they catch you they treat you like a trophy: they go hunting again.
I don't have sex on the first date. If he's willing to get naked with a woman he hardly knows, I can't help but wonder how many other women he's done the same thing with.

Sorry, I'm not looking for a man-ho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships