Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 04:29 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,215,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It's one thing to like and another to try to live or exist in that fantasy world. That's my point.
So, what are you asserting? That rampant mental illness is beholding these millions of women and girls? People that live in fantasy worlds, and your arguments actually show a bit of fantasy land on your part, have personal issues. They are in no way representative of anyone but others who have personal issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,697,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Meh, people post all kinds of crapola around here.

Maybe you see rampant feminism in your work or in your world somehow. I don't see it in mine. I see women trying to balance being a wife, Mother and good employee. I see women trying to balance their budgets, women helping other people by volunteering and women trying to be the best they can. They don't expect any more than men, they don't expect men to cater to their every whim, they don't think they are better than men, they don't want anything other than to have equal access to the same wages, the same conditions, the same opportunities.

Straight women and gay women alike.

In my world women are not trying to take over any world except their own.
I don't see any balance out there. I see a lot of broken families, kids not being raised, husbands and wives screwing around on one another, substance abuse, financial problems with living beyond peoples means, dependency on welfare, women aborting their children, etc.

And the statistics bear me out if you look at how many people are on government handouts, how many are getting divorced, how many children living in a one parent household or worse.

Not saying problems have never existed before but this bill of goods sold to rewrite what families were supposed to be, in contrast to the way things have been for millennia, hasn't worked at all and I think it's tearing society apart. Women want to be men and men are being herded into being women. It isn't working.

I have no problem with people having equal rights under the law, but I do not believe in humanity being one big asexual blob. Men are men, women are women. They are both built and wired differently, always have been, always will be(at least in our lifetimes). Men do some things better than women and women do some things better than men. I think feminism would have worked if they had occupied that belief but instead feminism became all about occupying the world of men and try as they might, it's never going to happen in a successful way.

When I see women soldiers being sent overseas and putting their comrades in jeopardy, often resulting in their deaths, because they can't lift their rifle to shoot properly or the men have to carry the women's equipment because women can't carry 120 pounds of gear in 100 degree weather, we've taken all this equal nonsense too far. It's become all about political correctness, not common sense or rational behavior.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:55 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,697,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Any how, none of this speaks to what you actually see in the day to day. At this point I figure you don't see anything. You're pulling it out of your derriere.
If there is one thing I can count on, is anytime I post in the relationship forum, anywhere anytime, Braunwyn is right there, ready to tell me how I don't know anything, can't see, can't hear, can't think, can't do and that I know absolutely nothing, NOTHING.

I guess she has a crush.

LOL!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
If there is one thing I can count on, is anytime I post in the relationship forum, anywhere anytime, Braunwyn is right there, ready to tell me how I don't know anything, can't see, can't hear, can't think, can't do and that I know absolutely nothing, NOTHING.

I guess she has a crush.

LOL!
I only do so with a better argument. You had to know, at least in the back of your mind, when you were typing out that boloney about women having it all it was silly. I can't imagine any time in human history when we westerners didn't have it easier. And don't you worry about any crush. geesh.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:17 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,790,954 times
Quote:

I guess she has a crush.

LOL!
I'd say an obsession with downtalking any guy who objectively has honest critique of any action of a woman.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'd say an obsession with downtalking any guy who objectively has honest critique of any action of a woman.
Keep dreaming. But, that's all you guys have; fantasy land. I just like taking candy from babies.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Keep dreaming. But, that's all you guys have; fantasy land. I just like taking candy from babies.
Just where the h#@* were you trying to go with this?

Old 11-21-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Just where the h#@* were you trying to go with this?
Really? OMG you guys crack me up.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:37 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,492,734 times
I believe men like Edward exist. However, they tend to love a certain type of girl.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Really? OMG you guys crack me up.
The only fantasy world i'm in is fantasy football, which BTW I'm in first place for some good cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships