Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Of all arts, these are the best combination if you want to really know how to fight. Kodokan Judo and Muay Thai.
Thanks bro, will definitely keep that in mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 01:17 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I've never been in a real fight. I kinda wanna learn MCMAP or Krav Maga though.
I've been taking a Krav maga class here in Austin for about eight weeks now, and I absolutely love it. What it does for your strength and fitness and lethality (lol) and self-confidence is awesome. I go to the KM studio on William Cannon. One of our instructos was actually Israeli Mossad. The dude's a machine, man. What''s funny is how unopposing and mild he looks, and he's only about 5'-9" and weighs maybe 160, and he's in his late 50's.
I always look at him and think of some, say, young street punks over in East Austin, who some night tried to jack him up. And then, like 4 minutes later, when those two are laying and bleeding in the parking lot, thinking, "Man, did we pick the wrong guy to mess with."

Old 07-28-2011, 01:17 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Thanks bro, will definitely keep that in mind
Just get a gun. It's a lot quicker and much more effective.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:54 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Where I live, that is certainly not much of an option. And even if you do have one, it can be dangerous both to the future of your adversary and yourself.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I've been taking a Krav maga class here in Austin for about eight weeks now, and I absolutely love it. What it does for your strength and fitness and lethality (lol) and self-confidence is awesome. I go to the KM studio on William Cannon. One of our instructos was actually Israeli Mossad. The dude's a machine, man. What''s funny is how unopposing and mild he looks, and he's only about 5'-9" and weighs maybe 160, and he's in his late 50's.
I always look at him and think of some, say, young street punks over in East Austin, who some night tried to jack him up. And then, like 4 minutes later, when those two are laying and bleeding in the parking lot, thinking, "Man, did we pick the wrong guy to mess with."
Lots of Krav Maga where I live, and yes, one of the instructors is also ex-Mossad. Those dudes are the definition of lethal.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:09 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Well I'm not at the moment but there is a dojo (do they use that term in KM?) in DC that's pretty well respected.
If you want to get technical, the Hebrew term would I think be "machon krav maga".

Old 07-28-2011, 02:12 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Problem with that is in Florida, unless you/your loved ones are indanger; you pull a gun and get an automatic 10 years, 20 years if it goes off and 25 to life if someone is shot and/killed. That 10,20 life law is serious in FL.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:19 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
The problem with a gun is that it's a "go / no-go" kind of defense - you either don't shoot and they live, or you shoot and they die. You can't "pull" a bullet; you can't suit the defense to the offense.

Now if you're in a truly bad situation it's a good thing to have, but too often it's either over- or under-utilized. Throw in all the associated legal and moral problems and it's a tough choice to make.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:27 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times
not even close, I grew up around guys that seem to prefer shooting each other, why wrinkle the dry cleaning when you don't have to? there's still about 4-5 shootings there a week, maybe one murder every week .

Old 07-28-2011, 02:27 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
The problem with a gun is that it's a "go / no-go" kind of defense - you either don't shoot and they live, or you shoot and they die. You can't "pull" a bullet; you can't suit the defense to the offense.

Now if you're in a truly bad situation it's a good thing to have, but too often it's either over- or under-utilized. Throw in all the associated legal and moral problems and it's a tough choice to make.
krav maga specializes in disarming and taking away guns pulled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships