Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:39 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times

Advertisements

I've been seeing this girl for about a month. It's nothing serious or exclusive, but I like her. I was over at her place last night and there was a vase of flowers in her garage. I only sort of noticed because it was on the garage floor. They were some daisy like flowers. And then there was a bottle of wine in a bag in the fridge. She doesn't really drink.

Without asking, she said she had flowers in her room, but they gave her alergies, so she put them in the garage. I didn't comment on it at all or the wine. But it sounds like someone brought her flowers and wine. I'm jealous now, but won't say anything. At least the plant I got her for her new place has always been in her livingroom and the flowers are in the garage. I hate being jealous, but I can't say anything about it. I'll be out of state for 3 months, 2 months from now, so I'm not going to get in a real relationship. Do you think she should have hid the flowers and not said anything? I think anyone would be a little jealous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 09:44 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
When u go away for 3 months, do u not want to have a relationship because u don't trust females or u don't trust urself? If u like her, say it man. Before its to late. Long term relationship (especially only 3 months) early in a relationship sounds like it can be very exciting. Ask her casually "out of curiousity who else likes u?"... Sounds like shes honest if she told you about the flowers, maybe this was her way of letting u know that they don't mean anything to her.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Hmmm it sounds odd, or it could of been from someone else. Co-worker, friend, or family member. I have bought stuff like this for my friends or family for their birthday. Also seems you are jealous, but why? You yourself said you don't want to start a relationship? Not to be mean but maybe someone else does. And it's her house she can do what she wants. If you were boyfriend girlfriend then yes I would of told you about the flowers.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
When u go away for 3 months, do u not want to have a relationship because u don't trust females or u don't trust urself? If u like her, say it man. Before its to late. Long term relationship (especially only 3 months) early in a relationship sounds like it can be very exciting. Ask her casually "out of curiousity who else likes u?"... Sounds like shes honest if she told you about the flowers, maybe this was her way of letting u know that they don't mean anything to her.

I don't think that dating someone for 3 months, then not seeing them for 3 months will go very well. It's asking a lot of someone too early on in my opinion. I did tell her that I'd be into the idea of more serious relationship when I get back, whether with her or someone else.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hmmm it sounds odd, or it could of been from someone else. Co-worker, friend, or family member. I have bought stuff like this for my friends or family for their birthday. Also seems you are jealous, but why? You yourself said you don't want to start a relationship? Not to be mean but maybe someone else does. And it's her house she can do what she wants. If you were boyfriend girlfriend then yes I would of told you about the flowers.
because i don't want anyone i like to like anyone else. it's not really easy to choose to not let stuff bother me. it just does.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
because i don't want anyone i like to like anyone else. it's not really easy to choose to not let stuff bother me. it just does.
I get that. What does she say to the good relationship after the 3 months. Did she ever say, ok I want it. Or call me often or keep in touch while i'm gone?

Old 07-29-2011, 09:56 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,137 times
Quote:
The bolded is a bit unrealistic, particularly since you said below...

Quote:
It's nothing serious or exclusive, but I like her. I.
If you are not exclusive with her, she has a right to date other people and other people have a right to send her nice things. That's just the way it works.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:59 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
You don't even know where those flowers came from and you only assumed that the bottle of wine came together with the flowers. All I see is yet another speculation and paranoia on your part and you are not even a couple yet.
Ugh, it must be exausting.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You don't even know where those flowers came from and you only assumed that the bottle of wine came together with the flowers. All I see is yet another speculation and paranoia on your part and you are not even a couple yet.
Ugh, it must be exausting.
Dat's what I said. lol

Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,752 times
Quote:
if you're not exclusive, she's not either... same rules apply. but it sounds like you are getting attached...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships