Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 08:09 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Haha! Love it! I need to hang with you and your crew! I love fearlessness. I can be pretty shy and quiet in real life, but fearful I am not! Your crew sounds like a lot of fun!
Believe me, it's a good thing they are all living a bit too far from where I am now, we don't get together anywhere as much as before, but it wouldn't matter, even when they visit me and we're just hanging out at the beach, let some guy walk by that causes thier hormones to go into overdrive, you'll get whiplash trying to figure out where your friend/s ran off too when you turn back to hear their words fading from your ear. They are too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 08:11 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Believe me, it's a good thing they are all living a bit too far from where I am now, we don't out as much as before, but it wouldn't matter, but even when they visit me and are at the beach, let some guy walk by that causes thier hormones to go into overdrive, you'll get whiplash trying to figure out where your friend/s ran off too when you turn back to hear their words fading from your ear. They are too funny.
Haha. Lol, too sweet and funny.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:13 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Pretty much. Even average to below average women get approached. If you're most guys you can't stand around and wait for the women to approach.
People don't think that most men wouldn't want to just sit back and wait for women to approach us and take our pick?

Of course we would. But it doesn't work Like that for us lol

Old 09-01-2012, 10:54 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
People don't think that most men wouldn't want to just sit back and wait for women to approach us and take our pick?

Check out the "Ladies, have you ever asked a man out?" thread. There are guys on there saying they get hit on all the time. I still say that's a lot more common than people would think. Maybe it's a regional thing, or it probably depends on the guy...?

Old 09-01-2012, 11:03 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Check out the "Ladies, have you ever asked a man out?" thread. There are guys on there saying they get hit on all the time. I still say that's a lot more common than people would think. Maybe it's a regional thing, or it probably depends on the guy...?
It's probably really common if you're an attractive looking guy. If you're not attractive though, guy's stories of gettin' hit on seems like nothing more than a story they made up.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

It doesn't work like that because of all the other guys going after the women that you would like to take your pick from. It isn't the women that are letting you down - it's the men that have no problem asking them out.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:55 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Many of my friends (generally much younger than myself,) don't hesitate to approach a guy if they are interested. I can't tell you just how embarrassing they can be sometimes, but, good for them if they're enjoying themselves in the long run. I think it's fine, but they do it every and anywhere; if they feel like it they go for it and don't give two hoots about being regected. I love these gals' fearlessness.
Still the exception and not the rule.

Your friends are part of the 0.00005 percent of women who do approach.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:27 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Still the exception and not the rule.

Your friends are part of the 0.00005 percent of women who do approach.
Believe me, I know that, I was just saying the ones I know are confident and unapologetic about their ways. Even so, often doesn't seem to matter, the ladies get torn down for being on either side of the spectrum, Some find fault by saying oh, it's usually the ugly ones that approach, not the ones your wish would approach. There's appears to always be something wrong with them if they do or don't. But these friends aren't desperate or IMO aesthetically unappealing in anyway, they just don't have a problem with approaching.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:37 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,458,844 times
**Thought exercise**
Perhaps a push for the reverse cultural custom (I can't recall exactly which ancient civilization now of top of my head) in Herodotus' Day. All the single women would assemble in the temple and men would come by and select one single woman with which to 'have'.
The women had to sit there until chosen by some man.

Picture the reverse in todays world. All men have to assemble in a large facility and the women get to select which one they 'have' -... how long would some men have to wait and which women would pick which man?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:24 PM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
I have been single and unattached for 30 years of my adult life and I never had a woman come up to me and ask me out.

I'm pretty sure I go out more often than most people do. I have also worked in high rise office buildings for most of the last 20+ years, 12+ of those years I was single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships