Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:21 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,714,718 times

Advertisements

I don't really understand why certain guys who supposedly "have it all" can't get dates. My buddy is the same way. He has a high-paying secure lazy sedentary job, a luxury car, his own place and still has enough money to wear a new pair of $300 shoes every weekend. But this guy is asking me, a flat-broke unemployed recent college grad with no real job prospects in sight, advice about where to find girls. Doesn't making money and taking care of yourself give you any confidence?

When I was working for a measly $10 an hour full-time, I would get girl's numbers every weekend. You know why? Making money, even though it was little, gave me the confidence to approach random women who I would catch glancing at me. When I would be out anywhere, be it the mall, the local watering hole or occasionally a nice dress up nightclub, I would always get phone numbers from attractive women. Did I face rejection? Yes. Many girls that gave me their numbers didn't pick up the phone or text back when I tried to contact them. Out of the dozens of numbers I got over a six month period, only went out on dates with two or three of the women who I had met. I didn't care because getting most of those women's numbers were merely ego boosts. The only reason I haven't been chasing women recently is because I am unemployed and I don't feel great about that. Since I've been unemployed, I've let many opportunities pass me by that I wouldn't have when I had a job.

There is no single way to meet women. You just to find what you are comfortable doing to meet women. Unfortunately, it is a man's job to initiate a relationship with a woman. It is very rare that a random attractive woman will approach any man and give him her phone number (unless you are some famous rich celebrity male sex symbol). Some women will make it really easy on you. But you have to put yourself out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 01:23 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Right, its a number game. You may even be labelled as a Player too but so what. Rejection is part of life. If you don't ask, then you are already getting rejected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
I don't really understand why certain guys who supposedly "have it all" can't get dates. My buddy is the same way. He has a high-paying secure lazy sedentary job, a luxury car, his own place and still has enough money to wear a new pair of $300 shoes every weekend. But this guy is asking me, a flat-broke unemployed recent college grad with no real job prospects in sight, advice about where to find girls. Doesn't making money and taking care of yourself give you any confidence?

When I was working for a measly $10 an hour full-time, I would get girl's numbers every weekend. You know why? Making money, even though it was little, gave me the confidence to approach random women who I would catch glancing at me. When I would be out anywhere, be it the mall, the local watering hole or occasionally a nice dress up nightclub, I would always get phone numbers from attractive women. Did I face rejection? Yes. Many girls that gave me their numbers didn't pick up the phone or text back when I tried to contact them. Out of the dozens of numbers I got over a six month period, only went out on dates with two or three of the women who I had met. I didn't care because getting most of those women's numbers were merely ego boosts. The only reason I haven't been chasing women recently is because I am unemployed and I don't feel great about that. Since I've been unemployed, I've let many opportunities pass me by that I wouldn't have when I had a job.

There is no single way to meet women. You just to find what you are comfortable doing to meet women. Unfortunately, it is a man's job to initiate a relationship with a woman. It is very rare that a random attractive woman will approach any man and give him her phone number (unless you are some famous rich celebrity male sex symbol). Some women will make it really easy on you. But you have to put yourself out there.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Of course it's not official. There's no regulatory agency that's going to give anyone a rating based on set standards. But, that said, and as this forum has discussed ad nauseum, people do tend to segregate themselves into like groups, based on attractiveness, or socio-economic status, or educational levels, or shared interests and hobbies, or a million other criteria. Birds of a feather, and all.
Those are class systems and they are defined in the books.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
you are assuming everything the OP says is true and trying to give advice based on his statements 'im goodlooking' 'have money/house' but you fail to read between the lines...his supposed good looks could be all in his head...CD91 thinks he is very attractive and he wears girl pants for goodness sakes.

and as far as standards George Clooney might be someone's 2 but to the average woman he would be closer to the higher end of the scale.
We have to assume what he wrote. Can you prove it to me that what he has said is false?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:42 AM

591 posts, read 866,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
How can they even tell if a guy is shy or not at first sight? They can't.

Yes....they...can.

Women always know. It starts when you can't look them in the eye or your posture droops, or you look at them longingly for five minutes (not figuring out what to say but) figuring when you're going to have the nerve to apprach; meanwhile some dufus beats you to it, some sociopath with the IQ of a gnat, who is too dumb to be insecure. They sense the lack of confidence. I am not referring to being a happy introvert. I mean shy.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
So meet a chick at the gym. What's the problem here?

Dude! women are circumspect in interacting with men at the gym. This is 2011 not 1989.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's actually pretty easy.

The 'shy' guy is usually the quiet one, sitting and looking uncomfortable in social situations, perhaps stirring a drink or looking into the glass. Not really making extended eye contact, and even if he does smile for some reason it seems forced.

I'm pretty outgoing and I've dated shy guys before. They're endearing for a while, but after a few months of making excuses as to why your SO doesn't show up anywhere with you it gets a little tiring.
I disagree, having been shy when young, I was only shy until I opened up, after that you can't get me to shut up. And please don't confuse introverted with shy; they're not the same thing. And if your guy was that shy that long into the relationship, I'd say he had Social Anxiety Disorder not shyness.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
Exactly. Instead of that making you feel bad, that should make you feel good. Imagine if you put in the effort they put in.

Just because they are more succesful does not necessarily mean they put in more (or any) effort.

Last edited by Doctor Blues; 08-18-2011 at 02:57 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-18-2011, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucrativeseeker View Post
I don't know you so take this with a grain of salt; but if you say your attributes are great, you don't sound like you are convinced.

Confidence is one of the most attractive traits to a woman, that a man will be someone she can look up to, feel good about his advice, and more.

Being "shy" I think will slow you down too. What are you shy for? Maybe it's in your nature or maybe its a lack of confidence again?

Women, especially the good looking kind like myself , want a man who "has it together". If you are scared to strike up a conversation or put yourself out there, you will never win. It's about playing the game. Play it.

And it wouldn't hurt to make sure your grammar is good also. In your plea there were multiple words left out and other stuff. I'm just sayin .... you asked, so I'm tellin.

Hope it helps
It's not good karma to criticize grammar when you yourself leave out apostrophes.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Even if he was a model. The rating system is not standard. A 10 may be a 5 to someone else.

You can be very good looking and still getting no girls.
Until, he breaks out of his shyness and asks for the #, he is not going anywhere.

There is no league system. Its just an excuse. Like he said, he sees very attractive girls with average Joes.

Sorry (and I give you reps, I mostly liike what you say) there ARE leagues, Plenty OF Fish did scientific testing and proved that not only do people know what league they are in, they tend to date within 2-3 points up and down of their league. It's all over the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships