Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times

Advertisements

We've been married 31 years and nearly always still sleep in the same bed together. We slept apart for a couple of weeks after I had hip replacement surgery, and if one of us has a bad cold with a hacking cough that won't quit, the sickie usually goes off to the spare bedroom so the other one can catch a few winks, but other than that, we sleep in the same bed together.

As I get older, though, I find I need/want more space, and I'm uncomfortable falling asleep in direct contact with anyone, even the cats. I wish our tiny house had space for a king-size bed, because whenever we get one of those at a hotel, it's pure heaven. Can't see taking on a new mortgage over it, though, so I'll deal with the coziness of sharing a queen-size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 03:10 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,246,901 times
I used to date a guy who couldn't stand sleeping with me especially in the summer. "body heat Terrence body heat!" he'd yell if I was in his space. Doesn't mean there wasn't love between us.

Fast forward years and numerous relationships later I prefer sleeping alone.

So people are different. Now my current gentleman friend loves sleeping with me. I'm not completely 100% used to sleeping with someone but I will admit that it can be nice even in the summer...sometimes.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:16 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,837 times
Nope, we have separate rooms, and we both love the arrangement. We kind of got used to it from keeping different schedules. I always have to get up early for work, he would come in at laaaaate hours, and that would wake me up and disturb me. My getting up early would disturb him. He likes to have the tv on to sleep, I CANNOT sleep with the tv on. He likes the ceiling fan on while sleeping, that would drive me completely crazy.

I just cannot go back to ever sharing a room, let alone a bed. It just works so well for us having our own rooms. We both like it, and have no desire to change it.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:03 PM

538 posts, read 732,309 times
Slept in the same bed until his snoring just became too much. Also, he likes a fan on...I don't. I like falling asleep to tv...he doesn't. I love the new-found freedom of having my own room.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:14 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
We never sleep apart.

We love going to sleep together and waking up together. It is part of how we share our love. He is the last thing I see and feel at night and the first thing I see and feel in the morning and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,240,340 times
1 husband
1 wife
1 cat
1 dog
1 bed

Old 08-26-2011, 10:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
We've been married 31 years and nearly always still sleep in the same bed together. We slept apart for a couple of weeks after I had hip replacement surgery, and if one of us has a bad cold with a hacking cough that won't quit, the sickie usually goes off to the spare bedroom so the other one can catch a few winks, but other than that, we sleep in the same bed together.

As I get older, though, I find I need/want more space, and I'm uncomfortable falling asleep in direct contact with anyone, even the cats. I wish our tiny house had space for a king-size bed, because whenever we get one of those at a hotel, it's pure heaven. Can't see taking on a new mortgage over it, though, so I'll deal with the coziness of sharing a queen-size.
Ha! I'm so addicted to sleeping curled up with my husband that I asked him to climb up in the hospital bed with me the last time I was in the hospital. The night nurse got a bit of a surprise when she came in to take my temp at 2 a.m.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:43 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,780,296 times
I LOVE sleeping with my boyfriend (we don't live together). We both agree that we sleep better together than apart.

My grandparents have been married for 55 years and still sleep together in a full-sized bed. However they do sleep in different directions (my grandmother lays with her head at the foot of the bed, my grandfather the right way)!

Old 08-27-2011, 02:22 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,703 times
Directed towards the OP..

I will draw from my own exp..
I am divorced now but I recall during my marriage that my ex was military and he was gone often and nothing compared to having me snuggle up to him and knowing he was there..he was not a mover..he snored loud I snore..big deal..I run hot all the time..so I slept on top of the blankets but to have him there next to me? Was the best..We did not sleep in seperate rooms till the end of our marriage but I do know I wanted him next to me good or bad when it was good.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:14 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
We never sleep apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships