Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 09:13 AM

782 posts, read 1,109,383 times

Advertisements

My M Great-grand parents never spent one night apart...even when she got cancer he slept on a cot beside her bed..
My M Grand-parents always slept together..
My parents sleep in different rooms and have for years..
I sleep with 3 "men" in the same bed...Queensize
I get in bed and find my perfect sleeping place...Michael jumps up and lays down next to me...Bobby jumps up and lays down on the other side..then BeBe jumps up and finds a good spot...Michael like to cuddle and he will actually spoon with me..All three take turns guarding..no 3 are ever asleep at the same time..this is true even when I am awake..Bobby is the main guard..but when he is sleeping he sleeps with his back to me... My children have told me this and I have seen it when I wake up to turn over etc...I love my Dogs but more they love me...Poor Mary..she is usually relegated to the floor. If I am napping she is on the bed with me but never at night. BTW my dogs are big dogs...60-85 pounds, except BeBe he is only 40...
Given all this, I don't know what it would be like to sleep with a real man..it has been so long..do I miss it yes..am I looking to change that? Nope.. But, should that happen, it would be a paradiagm shift to be sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 07:12 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
WTH? This isnt 1930s Mrs. Crabtree/Little Rascals/Three Stooges stuff. This is 2011!! I dont know of anyone currently, or who has EVER slept in separate beds from their spouse.

What makes you even ask this question? Is it a totally rare occurance like spotting bigfoot playing chess with aliens or the Clippers having a winning season, seeing spouses sleeping in the same bed? Crazy.
I think you've just given us ALL a reason why some folks would sleep in separate beds!

Apparently you did NOT read the links either!....it's hardly unusual!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 PM

513 posts, read 897,753 times
we sleep right against each other. when i am out of town working like i am now, neither of us sleep good since the other is not there to snuggle. i don't think we could handle sleeping in seperate beds/rooms regularly. i soemtimes sleep on the couch if i am just worn out and pass out early, she lets me because she knows just waking me to go to bed will mean i'll be up for hours even though it means she will be uncomfortable all night.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:55 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,177,247 times
My husband and I have been married for over 10 years and sleep in the same bed...when he is home. However my husband travels the majority of the year and is typically only home 1-2 days a week. So I guess maybe we experience both sides of the question.?

My parents slept in the same room until their 29th year of marriage. At that time my father had been injured at work and was in severe pain most nights thus up and down often trying to get comfortable. My mom now sleeps in "their room" and my Dad sleeps in the living room in the recliner.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:05 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Stayed with the SO for two nights because of the hurricane. That was more than enough.

I cannot wait to stretch diagonally across my own bed tonight; fall into a nice, deep sleep; toss the covers aside and migrate to the cold part of the bed when I get too hot; and wake up without a backache tomorrow.

Co-sleeping is overrated. Although I miss having a bedroom big enough for my two birds' cages to fit--I love their avian presence--I don't like having another human even in the same abode when I'm sleeping, much less the same room, never mind the same bed.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:28 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
We sleep in the same bed and I would miss him if for some reason we had to be apart. In the summer heat we migrate away from each other and in the winter we snuggle all night and wake up in a jumble of arms and legs. Winter is great for sleeping!

He snores. Sometimes like a freight train. But I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me. Now it's like white noise and sometimes I will wake up if he stops snoring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships