Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 06:32 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times

Advertisements

When I was a child growing up. I had some of the best times with my family especially around the holidays with mom, dad, grandparents...just memories that are instilled forever!!! So many fond memories.

Getting married on Cape Cod surrounded by friends and family!

When my twinfants were born! Was one of the happiest days!

Now: Just being very happy within myself in my life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 06:02 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
When somebody else had the responsibility of cooking the dinner, cleaning the kitchen and doing the grocery shopping.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:41 AM

109 posts, read 126,304 times
When I was a kid: biking through the neighborhood with my childhood bff and bringing snacks to our special place so we could eat there at 4pm and share secrets; biking through the streets with mean dogs that would bark and chase us so we'd be screaming the whole time (at the speed we were going, it was a feat managing not to have an accident); reading Nancy Drew in our backyard to the sound of the afternoon breeze and the smell of my mom's baking.

When I was in high school: being allowed to go clubbing with cousins and friends, letting us borrow the car (my brother driving) to go to an overlooking spot after partying; having my crush court me (he became my first bf); being courted by a popular junior when I was a sophomore (for some reason, the whole school took notice bec many were in favor and also a lot were not--it was a case of bad boy falls for the good girl); becoming a cheerleader and captain in my senior year.

When I was in college: cutting classes to go joyriding in my gf's brand new car (oops); barbecues and movie marathons with the whole gang; house parties; by then I was in charge of the household--did the shopping and groceries, paid the bills, etc. Daddy let me handle the budget--no allowance--but I could shop whenever I wanted to! Came in handy when I was angry I cooked whatever I wanted and had parties on a whim. I also organized events for the kids (art lessons, storytelling, barbecues, baking/cooking classes) and got my friends to help out. Parents in the neighborhood also supported my "projects." I turned our house into a daycare/hang out for young adults!

In my early 20s: breaking up with my first serious bf (I had gotten fat and boring in 3 years bec he didn't want me to go out). I lost all the weight in a month, went to the salon, and became the sexiest girl again; partying all night and enjoying so much attention; falling in love and finally getting together with the bad boy from high school! He treated me like a princess and we were together 2 years. It ended bad, but when I look back on those two years with him, I just smile and sigh...

Now: being with family, especially on special occasions; cooking for holidays; going to church; trying a new recipe; having a margarita or champagne; movie marathons with family, and working on my first novel...

Last edited by stargazermunsta; 09-22-2011 at 03:11 AM..

Old 09-22-2011, 11:54 AM

607 posts, read 1,217,095 times
I've had a few periods of my life where I remember feeling incredibly happy. First, when I was graduating from college...I had just gotten engaged to (who I thought at the time) was the man of my dreams, I had plenty of friends, I had gotten into a great grad school program and received a prestigious fellowship. Second,when I finished grad school, moved to a new city and established a nice group of friends, got a good job, had a great relationship with my parents and felt that I'd finally gotten over that guy I was engaged to in college. At both times, I remember feeling like everything was great and I was looking forward to the future.

I've had lots of other happy times though, mainly short experiences...like taking a trip with friends, spending time with family, or spending time alone doing somethin I really enjoy, like reading a great book outside somewhere when the weather is perfect. Also, Christmas Eve when I was a kid. I loved opening presents, but the night before was the best...I would be so excited that I could barely get to sleep.

Last edited by Snd485; 09-22-2011 at 12:05 PM..

Old 09-22-2011, 02:14 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
I had a moment of complete happiness my son did something that took be totally by surprise... he listened to what I had to say and made the right choice. I am completely happy.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:57 PM

541 posts, read 941,367 times
Default What do you consider are the best moments of your life....

It can be other things other than relationships....other than the usual : wedding/baby/graduation/college...whatever.

The best moments of my life occurred from 1998 - 2003. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Well corny as it sounds hopefully when I find that special someone .

Old 10-20-2011, 11:01 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
High school.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:03 PM

541 posts, read 941,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
High school.

yeah same here. : (

Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
High school.
It's sad to say but my life went downhill when I started high school. It's never been as good as when I was a child. Not that I want to go back to being a kid, but things just didn't turn out the way I had hoped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships