Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 06:05 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,221,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Brainwashing from a political viewpoint, Thursday? I suppose so. Now I'm wondering if all those years of watching Bugs Bunny gives me that strong desire to only vote for male candidates from Brooklyn who dress in drag?

I did a whole paper on it in college and also cartoon and other characters taken from the pages of classic literature like the Grapes of Wrath...don't make me get it out.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,023,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I did a whole paper on it in college and also cartoon and other characters taken from the pages of classic literature like the Grapes of Wrath...don't make me get it out.
You wrote a paper on a bunch of fictional characters for a class and passed?

Well, my friend wrote a japanese paper about a giant turtle from a video game named booskaboo. I guess I can see it.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,098,580 times
The pumpkin hooch is way over the top. Such a skank!

As for the Disney Channel...not exactly child appropriate all of the time.

Tonight on the way to the store to get some costume accessories with the kids, we discussed what they wanted to be. I was giving out suggestions...a baby, a bunny, a girl (for the boys) a boy (for my daughter)...etc.

So my 6yr old says "yeah you can get fake boobs on onlineboobies.com for the girl costume!" My husband and I looked at eachother like WTH???

Now he uses our computer at home and I will look at the history but I had not noticed that website pop up on there. So I ask "where did you hear about that website?" and he tells us "on iCarly"

I had to remind him that if he did anything inappropriate online he loses computer priveledges for a very long time.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:03 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,586,585 times
Speaking of Charlie Sheen; Two and a Half Men sucks. Jerry Seinfeld hit it right on the mark when he said sit-coms are only good for about 5 seasons, after that you're just milking it.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:17 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,015,879 times
Hmmm, chow is easy, same with phil, sierra, sixy, jj, thursday, froggy but what do ya do with WFW&P? Something catchy.... I think this should be the mission for the night. This man needs a catchy name.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,098,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Hmmm, chow is easy, same with phil, sierra, sixy, jj, thursday, froggy but what do ya do with WFW&P? Something catchy.... I think this should be the mission for the night. This man needs a catchy name.
LOL, whenever I see his name I think of WWF and meatheads.

We can call him Dubya

Old 10-24-2011, 09:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,935,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
The pumpkin hooch is way over the top. Such a skank!

As for the Disney Channel...not exactly child appropriate all of the time.

Tonight on the way to the store to get some costume accessories with the kids, we discussed what they wanted to be. I was giving out suggestions...a baby, a bunny, a girl (for the boys) a boy (for my daughter)...etc.

So my 6yr old says "yeah you can get fake boobs on onlineboobies.com for the girl costume!" My husband and I looked at eachother like WTH???

Now he uses our computer at home and I will look at the history but I had not noticed that website pop up on there. So I ask "where did you hear about that website?" and he tells us "on iCarly"

I had to remind him that if he did anything inappropriate online he loses computer priveledges for a very long time.
Is he aware that it's not real? Yes I sit and watch these crazy shows with my son. And I agree some are a bit over the top. But think about it would you rather them watching slasher movies? My son needs to ok every show he watches. I let him know this too. Many times I walk by and tell him I don't like this show. He is really into the Super hero show, Ben Ten, Clone wars, Yui-gi-o, and he loves the Goonies and Charlie and the Chocolate factory new and old.

My son constantly see's on sat morning shows internet games. I told him if you need to download it or pay it's a "no,no".

Old 10-24-2011, 09:12 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,221,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You wrote a paper on a bunch of fictional characters for a class and passed?

Well, my friend wrote a japanese paper about a giant turtle from a video game named booskaboo. I guess I can see it.
I wrote a paper on socio-political messages in seemingly strictly entertainment mediums, particularly geared toward children. It did not only address the political arena, but racism and stereotypes and through these mediums and methods children are being taught what and who to hate and how it shapes the way they view people later in life.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:13 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,015,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
LOL, whenever I see his name I think of WWF and meatheads.

We can call him Dubya
Dubya? Its not bad. Could work....

Old 10-24-2011, 09:50 PM

52,357 posts, read 52,828,351 times
I've been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix...... that is a good show......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships